monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I'll take the bait again:

I posted an article explaining exactly what was done. Do you deny your biggest paper(Bild) said nothing about the decapitation the day it happened?
Quote:
Video from Germany: Muslim migrant beheads 1-year-old girl, Merkel bans media reporting

Quote:
Germany’s largest newspaper, Bild, report on the death of the mother of four, without mentioning the details regarding the barbaric murder of her child.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/07/video-from-germany-muslim-migrant-beheads-1-year-old-girl-merkel-bans-media-reporting
Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:49 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Do you deny your biggest paper(Bild) said nothing about the decapitation the day it happened?
I have no idea. It's a tabloid I've never read besides when having to use it during lectures at university.
They have a local Bild Hamburg edition but Hamburg has at least two regional tabloids with a larger circulation than Bild Hamburg.

Besides that, Bild has a rather slow, small and limited internet editorial office(presentation.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I have no idea. It's a tabloid I've never read besides when having to use it during lectures at university.

When are you going to realize this is not about how intelligent you think you are? You are defending appeasement of a huge problem like the problem is not there. That is ridiculous and I would think speaks to character.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Might be that there was something different in the print editions, but in all the reports by Bild (starting at 15:01h 12.04.2018) Bild/ Bild Hamburg reported about a "stabbing", "knife attack" - nothing about "beheading" at all.

coldjoint wrote:
I can translate it.

Perhaps your German isn't as good as you thought?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 12:00 pm
@coldjoint,
You are doing character anylysis by my response that I don't read and never have read Bild?
Good job, coldfreud!
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 12:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
You are doing character anylysis

I did not do that. I said if your character was being discussed that may come up. Are you having comprehension problems?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:12 pm
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/RX0TLMbl.jpg

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/9Sk4jfql.jpg

Source: poll by YouGov: A plurality of Britons support Trump visiting – but they don’t think he should meet the Queen
layman

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

A plurality of Britons support Trump visiting – but they don’t think he should meet the Queen.

How can he hurt her? I mean, even if she wasn't an old bag and he grabbed her pussy, how does that hurt anybody? But he aint even gunna do that. He would even pay not to, if that's what it took.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
At a news conference in Brussels July 12, President Trump told reporters, "My father was from Germany." "Both my parents are from the EU."

https://i.imgur.com/xoOJOKq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/woP1BsZ.jpg
Source: screenshot from WaPo video

Trump's father Frederick Christ Trump was born in New York (October 11, 1905) to Bavarian-Palatinate parents. His mother was born in Scotland, on May 10, 1912. The EU can trace its origins from the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and the European Economic Community (EEC), formed in 1951 and 1958 respectively.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:49 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
How can he hurt her?
I don't know.
Obviously, the majority just doesn't want that he meets their head of state.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:57 pm
@maporsche,
Look, judges can be roughly divided into two camps of judicial philosophy that can, in turn, be described as either "conservative" or "liberal." This is not, at all, the same thing as "Republican" or "Democrat" even though it is the case that Republicans tend to favor conservative judges, while Democrats favor liberal ones. Please don't try and peddle the notion that Democrats don't care about the judicial philosophy of a nominee, they only seek to confirm that he or she is qualified.

Now while the great majority of conservative judges are Republican and the great majority of liberal judges are Democrats, this is not a given. It is conceivable that a judge that views the Constitution through an "originalist" lens might either be a member of the Democrat party or generally vote for Democrats. We know from past experience that judges who could be considered Republican revealed a liberal judicial philosophy once seated on the Court (Justice Souter being the most recent).

If an individual or a group of individuals believes that it is not only right and proper but crucial that cases that come before the Supreme Court are considered from the perspective of conservative judicial philosophy it is entirely reasonable for them to want to see judges who genuinely and consistently adhere to that philosophy nominated for appointments. There is nothing sinister about this unless you hold the twisted notion that conservative judicial philosophy is evil. You may think it is wrongheaded and can lead to decisions with which you vehemently disagree, but to imagine it as a function of some evil creed dedicated to promoting evil in the nation is either stunningly stupid or insane.

On my own, it would be next to impossible for me to do the research (including interviews on a casual or formal basis) required to compile a list of judges whom I believed to be suitable (based on the criteria of qualifications, judicial philosophy, and character) for a nomination. Recruiting a dozen or so friends and associates for the task would not make it any less impossible.

In order to complete the task effectively a person or group must:

1) Have a knowledge that goes beyond familiarity of the individuals who might conceivably be considered for nomination.
1a) Have met or observed each of these individuals in their professional lives and, to a much lesser extent, their personal lives, or have access to candid input from people who have and who are trusted
2) Have the resources to conduct extensive research of public records on the professional and personal lives of each individual
3) Have a high enough level of legal knowledge and expertise to understand and appreciate each individual's body or work which would be expected to include case opinions, scholarly articles, and speech transcriptions
4) Have a sufficiently deep and wide network of experts and professionals to draw upon
5) Have the money and time necessary to complete what is an exhaustive and expensive process. A lot of legwork, well in advance of a particular nomination is required.

I readily admit that I do not have these required elements and neither does the average lawyer. I will take it a step or two further and contend that the majority of American politicians don't have ready access to these elements either, and that they cannot be met by the White House staffs of any president.

So if I were charged with the responsibility of nominating someone to sit on the Supreme Court, I would seek the assistance and advise of others. If my friends and close associates were unable to meet the challenge, and neither was my professional staff, I would welcome the assistance and advice of external experts. There is nothing particularly admirable about a president who is so bloated by hubris that he or she feels they can arrive at such a momentous decision without the advice and recommendations of others.

In this particular case, President Trump relied on an outside group to provide him with a list of candidates who fit the bill he desired and then after personally interviewing candidates, selected his nominee.

Again, what is wrong with this? And this time try and be specific.

As I noted before quite a few Republican presidents have been snookered by their nominees. If this had happened to Democrat presidents you would be concerned that it might happen again and would encourage a Democrat president to obtain assistance from those who could greatly reduce the chance of it reoccurring...and you would be smart to do so. This is not a case of covering malfeasance with "Democrats have and would do it too!" There's nothing wrong with it.
izzythepush

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:02 pm
Quote:
Green Day’s 2004 hit song American Idiot has been rising up the UK charts ahead of Donald Trump’s visit, thanks to efforts from various social media campaign groups. The US president is set to arrive in the UK on 12 July ahead of meetings with Theresa May, the Queen and a visit to Scotland.

Facebook pages such as ‘Get American Idiot to No.1’ for Trump’s UK Visit have spearheaded the campaign, encouraging people to download and buy the song. The group has helped bolster sales on music platforms such as Spotify, iTunes, Deezer, Amazon Music and Google Play.

The rock classic, originally written about George W Bush, is currently number one on Amazon Music and Google Play. It has also entered the official UK charts, dipping in and out of the Top 20 over the course of this week. The song is also receiving resounding success on iTunes, sitting at number three at the time of writing.

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2018/07/12/the-song-climbing-the-uk-charts-ahead-of-trumps-arrival-will-infuriate-the-president/<br /> <br />
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:09 pm
@izzythepush,
maporsche

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Please don't read too much into what I've posted, especially things that you seem to be having discussions with other posters about.

I, for one, don't think it's a bad thing to consult outside groups. The particular group that he consulted, I think is wrongheaded and fighting to make the country worse (from my point of view) so I'm not at all excited about that, but there's not much I can do.

This current nominee appears to meet all the standards and resume I'd expect of a judge on the Supreme Court. He's qualified for the job.

That being said, I don't want to see him seated (for the same reasons that you want him there) and I expect that if there is a chance at getting his nomination postponed until the elections in November that Democrats will attempt to do so. There probably isn't a chance of that happening though, so I'm not going to be too mad at them even if they lose (I'll save that ire for the contemptible Jill Stein voters and the ignorant idiots who stayed home in 2016 despite voting in 2008 and 2012). There are many strategies here and I won't go into the details of what I think will/could happen.

My comment wasn't even based on something you said per se, but all over conservative radio (I do listen to conservative radio) they keep talking about how judges shouldn't be considered liberal or conservative and then seeing your comment about how Trump shouldn't select a liberal judge, well, I just called out that the pretense is false.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:19 pm
@izzythepush,
I mentioned a couple pages back how URL codes could sometimes fix a link and sometimes break it.

Here is an example of a link being broken that would have been fine if no URL codes had been applied.

Although in this case the problem wasn't the URL codes themselves, but the fact that several line breaks were included before the concluding /url was typed.

https://www.thecanary.co/trending/2018/07/12/the-song-climbing-the-uk-charts-ahead-of-trumps-arrival-will-infuriate-the-president/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:30 pm
Quote:
Tens of thousands of protesters are expected to take to the streets as Donald Trump meets with Theresa May on Friday to discuss a possible trade deal on a four-day working visit to the UK.

Trump was met with handshakes and smiles when he landed at Stansted in Airforce One at 1:51pm on Thursday, but voluble protests immediately kicked off in earnest, with banners questioning his human rights record unfurled on Vauxhall Bridge and protesters gathering to make a wall of noise outside the US ambassador’s residence.

Trump – who heralded his trip by announcing that “Brexit is Brexit” and questioning whether the British government was enacting the will of the people – will largely avoid the capital or other cities that could host significant protests. He will instead be kept mainly insulated from the public at various country estates or palaces and will travel mostly by air.

Nonetheless, protesters will seek to draw his attention, with a giant Trump baby blimp to be flown over Westminster on Friday morning before an estimated 70,000 people take to the streets in angry protest. There will be rallies in Glasgow and Manchester as well as a women’s march in London and the flagship Stop Trump protest, ending in Trafalgar Square.

On Thursday night, Trump was due to attend a black-tie dinner at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, the birthplace of Winston Churchill, attended by business leaders as well as most senior members of the cabinet.

On Friday it is understood that he will join May for a counter-terrorism demonstration by UK and US special forces at Sandhurst, before the main business element of his trip: talks with May and the new foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, at the PM’s Chequers country retreat, including a working lunch.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/12/uk-different-route-brexit-than-people-expected-donald-trump-says
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:41 pm
https://www.alaraby.co.uk/file/Get/c6d46069-447f-499b-95e0-62730088b880

You all know trump is another word for fart.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 02:49 pm
@coldjoint,
[/

Yup, that was the end of that war, eh? Them Limeys aint quite as stupid as they look, cause they aint never tried coming back.

Quote:
The Battle of New Orleans was remarkable for both its brevity and lopsided lethality. Charles Welsh and Zachary Smith echo the report of Adjutant-general Robert Butler, in his official report to General Jackson, which claimed that in the space of twenty-five minutes, the British lost 700 killed, 1400 wounded, and 500 prisoners, a total loss of 2600 men; American losses were only seven killed and six wounded. After the battle was over, around 500 British soldiers who had pretended to be dead rose up and surrendered to the Americans.

25 minutes. Too bad they didn't stay for a few hours, instead of cuttin and runnin, eh?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 03:13 pm
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36985570_10216026123028023_5022361746069782528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ef529c83c7ed8caed4ba7c2783279ce0&oe=5BE71751
0 Replies

layman

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 04:40 pm
This clip ROCKS! The whole congress goes wild.