monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 07:43 am
Quote:
A giant inflatable depicting Mr Trump as a baby may be making an appearance in Scottish skies.

The Trump Baby balloon has already been given permission to fly over central London during Mr Trump's visit.

Police Scotland have now been asked to allow the 6m (20ft) high helium balloon to also fly over Mr Trump's Turnberry golf course in Ayrshire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-44807972
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 07:53 am
@izzythepush,
He should have gone through the arrival and luggage claim areas at Stansted instead of flying directly with Marine1.
maporsche

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 07:59 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
What is wrong with external advisers (regardless of their size) recommending justices they are convinced are not stealth liberals?

So much with the pretense that the judicial branch isn't party-affiliated.
maporsche

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 08:05 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The Russian's meddling in our election succeeded beyond their wildest dream and not because it had any effect what-so-ever on the outcome.

With less than 80,000 votes in 3 states deciding the outcome and ~10MM fewer voters showing up than 2008, you can't KNOW this to be true.

There's a lot I don't know for certain, but without evidence to the contrary, I believe what makes the most sense and all my sense have seen or heard on this topic is that hacking our voting system is incredibly problematic, if not impossible, and there is no evidence that it occurred. My chief source? President Obama. I also have read and heard that so-called Russian Troll Farms posted ridiculous memes on FB suggesting such things as Clinton is in league with Satan. Now if you want to believe that turned the election, be my guest, but the burden of proof is on you.

I'm not talking about hacking the voting systems. I don't believe that happened and I likely won't be convinced it did without reliable evidence proving otherwise.

Regarding the rest...marketing and branding are VERY effective; it's half-trillion dollar industry. I'm not able to provide proof and I'm not making a statement that what they did worked. Just that it may have and that we should investigate who was involved, how they did it, and how to limit it in the future.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 08:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Crimea was absorbed into the Russian empire along with most of ethnic Ukrainian territory by Catherine the Great [a German princess by birth, Sophia von Anhalt-Zerbst], in the 18th century, and soon afterwards the Russia's Black Sea naval base at Sevastopol was founded.
In 1921, the peninsula, then populated mainly by Muslim Tatars, became part of the Soviet Union. The Tatars were deported en masse by Soviet leader Joseph Stalin at the end of World War Two for alleged collaboration with the Nazis.

Crimea only became part of Ukraine when Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev gave the peninsula to his native land in 1954. This hardly mattered until the Soviet Union broke up in 1991 and Crimea ended up in an independent Ukraine.
Pravda: USSR's Nikita Khrushchev gave Russia’s Crimea away to Ukraine in only 15 minutes
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
He should have gone through the arrival and luggage claim areas at Stansted

Is that what Merkel does?
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:48 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Is that what Merkel does?

Could I get a "yes" or "no"? Does any head of state go through Stansted?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
He should have benn checked for distemper.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:52 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
He should have benn checked for distemper.

Is there a test for cowardice, and have you taken it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wat is dat ’n fiesen Ammi!

Cool Laughing Cool

I can almost hear my uncle's voice there.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:00 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I can almost hear my uncle's voice there.

Is he telling you to stay on topic, and has he asked you to be honest about German censorship that did happen covering up that child's decapitation?
ehBeth

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:15 am
@coldjoint,
oh hon, I read the articles (in German, on NDR) before anyone claimed there was no coverage.

Walter's tagline is right on topic Mr. Green
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:19 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
oh hon, I read the articles (in German, on NDR) before anyone claimed there was no coverage.

Then show them to us and highlight the part where the child's decapitation was reported on the day it happened.. I can translate it.
ehBeth

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:22 am
@coldjoint,
Did it for you pages back. If you missed it <shrug>. Helping you follow local German news is not my gig.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:35 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Did it for you pages back. If you missed it

And I debunked it. Which I can do again. Did you miss that too?
Quote:
Helping you follow local German news is not my gig.

You are Canadian talking about US politics and news, why not Germany too?
ehBeth

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:45 am
@coldjoint,
are you going to restrict yourself to local US news coverage and comments from now on?

promise?

Wat is dat ’n fiesen Ammi!

Mr. Green
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:03 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
are you going to restrict yourself to local US news coverage and comments from now on?

I never said I would, and would never say that. You refuse to admit the German government did censure news on the decapitation of a child, while reporting on the mothers death. Well, they did.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:15 am
An American contemporary event is how mis-informed the public is
https://creepingsharia.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/snapshot-july2018.png
https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2018/07/12/9-jihadists-terror-plots-june/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:40 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
German censorship that did happen covering up that child's decapitation?
I'll take the bait again:
a) what censorship (what is the time period a news "has" to be published in your opinion by media [in print, tv, radio, internet])?
b) why do you think, police, witnesses, prosecutors, legal medicine say it was a stabbing? (Bribed by the Evangelical Lutheran Church of North Germany as some conspiracy websites suggest?)