monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 01:30 pm
@Blickers,
Factory of Lies is the name of a new television documentary introducing a number of journalists who have uncovered the hidden processes of the disinformation campaigns coming from Russia.
Factory of Lies premiered on 5 June and is a co-production between Danish and Swedish public service television (DR and STV), Israel’s Channel 8 and the Danish Film Institute with Russian journalists contributing.

More info at EU vs Disinfo Russian Journalists Fight Back Against Disinformation

revelette1

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 02:49 pm

Fox News has now given Trump over $15 million in free advertising by airing his rallies (MM)

coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
ACLU hate site listings.

The ALCU no longer supports free speech, anything from them means squat. They defend Muslims and attack Christians, another tool of the Left.
layman

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:19 pm
@revelette1,

If covering a presidential speech is considered "free advertisement," then I would imagine that all presidents in recent history have received many billions in "free advertising."
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Factory of Lies

I would worry about Germany. The site lied about the censorship that has been proven goes on in other European countries. The UK and Sweden are prime examples.

You have a serious problem with Islam. That is what you avoid, and your government avoids. Your citizens are already harassed for any remark about Islam. The crimes will become more numerous and your government will pull its dick until it is too late.

If something does not happen soon Germany is doomed to an Islamic future. I do not care if you agree or not. Please do not even reply.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:33 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

If covering a presidential speech is considered "free advertisement," then I would imagine that all presidents in recent history have received many billions in "free advertising."

You think he is giving speeches at his big "Look at Me" Crybaby bund rallies????? He's campaigning, he is self promoting and he is so cheap he doesn't intend to ever pay for TV time. Why should he, he deserves to fleece the people for every nickel we ever had the pleasure of knowing.
layman

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:39 pm
@glitterbag,
Heh. I suppose it never occurred to you that many people are interested in what our president has to say. Not the fake news, of course. They never want to have his face on TV unless it's some unflattering picture, and they never want to present what he does say in context. They just want to wait until it's all over and then broadcast some snippet in a way that gives it a distorted meaning, all as a prologue for 4 or 5 of them to go off on a 30-minute sermonizing session condemning him.
georgeob1

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:53 pm
@glitterbag,
I think you may be falling victim to TDS here.

For all his vulgar boorishness, Trump managed to bypass a very hostile media during the Republican primary and has, so far very effectively,more or less continued that approach since then.

I would prefer to see fewer and less blatant Twitter posts, and, as well, a more elevated tone from our President. However, as we learned from Obama, that alone doesn't compensate for a lack of substance.

The country is very polarized now with a recently evolved doctrine of group (as opposed to individual) values embedded in a very intolerant theory of political correctitude. It has become positively dangerous for anyone to challenge or contradict elements of this twisted doctrine. In these circumstances, I'm not at all sure that a more reasoned or conventional approach would work at all.
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:54 pm
@layman,
Quote:
all as a prologue for 4 or 5 of them to go off on a 30-minute sermonizing session condemning him.

Maybe it is contagious we see a lot sermonizing here, and a lot of gossip. Trump has beaten the media, he has beaten the Russian Collusion investigation because of bias and lawlessness that have destroyed any credibility Mueller might have had.

Trump will be in office until 2024. We probably aint heard nothing yet, but whatever it is, it won't work either.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I think you may be falling victim to TDS here.

She sure sounds like a victim.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:07 pm
I didn't see the speech, but if I had known in advance that he was going to bash Pocahontas and mock the meeeeetoo drama-queenery, then I would have made it a point to tune in.
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:24 pm
Quote:
Chief executive won't talk to special counsel unless he can provide concrete evidence of a crime

Looks like they will never talk. It is as good as over.
https://www.lifezette.com/2018/07/trump-close-to-determining-no-mueller-interview-giuliani-says/
gungasnake

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
International Community Ignores Genocide of Christians in Nigeria

Same with the white South Africans, both would make good candidates for refugee status and immigration to the US but, unfortunately, our entire apparatus for handling immigrants is swamped by the mass importation of demokkkrat voting blocks.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The ALCU no longer supports free speech, anything from them means squat. They defend Muslims and attack Christians, another tool of the Left.

ACLU = Anti-American Communist Libertine Union
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:29 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
ACLU = Anti-American Communist Libertine Union

Works for me.
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:44 pm
Quote:
Illegal Alien Hit Man, Dragged Him For Blocks In Deadly DUI Crash
July 8, 2018

WHEATON, MD (Bethesda Magazine) – A pedestrian who was struck and dragged by a car along University Boulevard West in Wheaton on Saturday has died from his injuries, Montgomery County … [read more]

Let's make sure we all vote Democratic so this can happen in every city and town in the US.
http://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/

0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:47 pm
@Blickers,
That's such weak writing, there's no premiership football until the end of August.

You'd have to be a complete moron to believe that.
gungasnake

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Chief executive won't talk to special counsel unless he can provide concrete evidence of a crime

Excellent! Robert Mueller is a cheap, stupid political hack, there is absolutely no reason for President Trump to waste any time on him.
neptuneblue

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 04:56 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

if I had known in advance that he was going to bash ... and mock ...., then I would have made it a point to tune in.

Really? Is this really what you expect The President Of The United States to be doing? Don't you think there's more pressing, important issues to be dealing with instead of this?

coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 05:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Really? Is this really what you expect The President Of The United States to be doing? Don't you think there's more pressing, important issues to be dealing with instead of this?

Do you have tissue handy when you post in case you get real sad?