monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

ehBeth

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:09 am
@wmwcjr,
Takes about 2 seconds on google to check on the veracity of anything posted.

In this case, here is the result

https://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/3469551-fake-news-migrant-beheads-1-year-old-girl-in-germany-merkel-bans-media-reporting.html

___

after providing evidence that what cj posted was wrong, hoax-alert goes on with ...

Quote:

YourNewsWire has published several hoaxes and fake news articles in the past so anything they write or publish should be taken with a large grain of salt. Their Facebook page "The People's Voice" recently lost its verification checkmark according to a report from MMFA.

The Terms of Use of the site also make it clear they don't really stand behind the accuracy of any of their reporting:

THE PEOPLE'S VOICE, INC. AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE.

The site was profiled in the Hollywood reporter where it was described as:

Your News Wire, a 3-year-old website of murky facts and slippery spin, is published by Sean Adl-Tabatabai and Sinclair Treadway -- a Bernie Sanders supporter in 2016 -- out of an apartment in L.A.'s historic El Royale.

RationalWiki described it as:

YourNewsWire (styled as YourNewsWire.com[1]) is an Los Angeles-based clickbait fake news website known for disseminating conspiracy theories and misleading information, contrary to its claimed motto ("News. Truth. Unfiltered").[1]

A while ago we also reported that YourNewsWire had rebranded itself as NewsPunch by changing its domain name in an apparent effort to evade filtering/blocking. It appears the site has changed back to it's old name in the mean time but you can still see the NewsPunch name in the contact email address in the footer.

2 Cents 2 Cents 2 Cents 2 Cents 2 Cents

always check the sources

if you don't know them, cross-check what has been posted before commenting on it
revelette1

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:14 am
Host an expensive event at Mar-a-Lago, receive a donation from Trump Foundation(TP)

Embedded at Think Progress as a source: MyPalmBeachPost

While articles and opinions and slants on Think Progress and Media Matters are definitely liberal, almost always they leave sources embedded in their articles. Sometimes if the article is an older one, the link of the source no longer works though.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:18 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
And Coldjoint wants proof this is a Russian site? Every goddamn issue and every opinion is exactly the issue and opinion Russia is running on social media. And that is what Coldjoint pushes. All the time he's on here.

I still want proof. All those articles do not debunk a baby being beheaded in Germany, do they? And I push nothing for Russia, you are an idiot for saying so, but I understand you have nothing else. I am still waiting for Wally's clip from German news.
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:21 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
In this case, here is the result

And why should we trust this site?
ehBeth

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:22 am
@coldjoint,
1. because it has the links to the articles your source suggests don't exist

2. because it's not your source

smh
hightor

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:23 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Do you approve it?

Approve what? Do I think, in the context of an ongoing dialog, that referring to someone else as a "foreigner" is unacceptable? No, I don't. Do I approve of blanket condemnation and censorship of all people who happen not to reside in the US of A? No, I don't. I don't think it's acceptable or even particularly useful.
Quote:
Homophobia is now approved by a large segment of people if the perp self-identifies as an establishment Democrat as long as the intended victim is a conservative.

I really don't know what you're trying to say here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:25 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
I am still waiting for Wally's clip from German news.

Walter plays a different game with you. He's got a great sense of humour and it's fun watching him indulge in it. I can hear his voice and chuckle in some of his posts - which is good because his irl voice is the best Smile
gungasnake

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:25 am
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36704998_1517135071725937_4693000289190412288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=73c23ebe5b148bbb0b8c75173da50028&oe=5BDADD10
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:26 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
2. because it's not your source

That works both ways.
ehBeth

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:27 am
@coldjoint,
color me concerned
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:28 am
@ehBeth,

Quote:
Walter plays a different game with you.

Wally has already been taken to task about that, along with others. What you hear is your problem.
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:29 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
color me concerned

Again, that works both ways.
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
I have a problem with that too. Haven’t seen it recently.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:33 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
All those articles do not debunk a baby being beheaded in Germany, do they?
It must be true what you reported since anything here said that a 33-year old man stabbed his ex-wife and 1-year-old daughter. The girl died on the scene, the ex-wife died later in hospital.

The Süddeutsches longer report from the same day.

Background story, from the Süddeutsche as well but the next day.

The man was a migrant who was in a custody battle over his daughter and he feared he would be sent back. The story mentions his immigration background and name and explains why all of that is relevant to the killing. In fact the article came with a note from the editors, where it is explained, why they explicitly mentioned the migration background even though they don't normally do this if it isn't relevant to a story.

Terms of use of Your News Wire:
Quote:
THE PEOPLE'S VOICE, INC. AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:34 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
which is good because his irl voice is the best Smile
Heh!!! Wink
coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:34 am
Quote:
International Community Ignores Genocide of Christians in Nigeria

Debunk this site, or its information.
Quote:
In what the Christian Association of Nigeria is calling a "pure genocide," 238 more Christians were killed and churches desecrated by Muslims last week in the west African nation. This brings the death toll of Christians to more than 6,000 since the start of 2018.

According to a joint statement by the Christian Association, an umbrella group of various Christian denominations, "There is no doubt that the sole purpose of these attacks is aimed at ethnic cleansing, land grabbing and forceful ejection of the Christian natives from their ancestral land and heritage."

The statement condemned the recent attacks, "where over 200 persons were brutally killed and our churches destroyed without any intervention from security agencies in spite of several distress calls made to them."

If you people wish to ignore what Islam inspires, including that dead baby in Germany, you should be thoroughly ashamed. But shame is something you choose to hand out through your arrogance and intolerance much like Islam itself.
Quote:
This brings the death toll of Christians to more than 6,000 since the start of 2018.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12645/christians-genocide-nigeria#.W0HlqG35KqE.twitter
izzythepush

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:36 am
@Lash,
Oralloy could have said that, word for bloody word.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:38 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Wally has already been taken to task about that,
You've been a drill sergeant, isn't it?
Well, I've been not more than a Chief Petty Officer. I'm honoured to follow your orders, sir!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Heh!!! Wink

No one is perfect Wally, but one mistake by me means nothing with Germany's appeasement of Islam and the havoc it has, and continues to have in Germany.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 8 Jul, 2018 10:48 am
@coldjoint,
I don't know to what single ("one") mistake you are referring here.