monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 06:37 pm
Find out why social justice and the truth are incompatible. And a serious problem at our universities. These students steeped in social justice are very easily manipulated, again by design.

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 06:39 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

You haven't shown, let alone proven, that the assertions made by Lunn were untrue. Nor did she refuse to provide details about anything.

It's a serious claim that should be further investigated.

Yes, she did refuse, and gave the lamest excuse possible for refusing:

Quote:
Lunn did not share the names of immigrants who have been put in expedited removal without being asked about fear of returning home, and said the women are very fearful and worry about their children. Advocates fear that immigrants who speak on the record about alleged DHS lawbreaking could face retaliation in their immigration court proceedings.

If these women are, as they claim, being railroaded out of the country by having their rights violated, then they would certainly have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by speaking up. It won't "help" them to remain silent, it will only doom them. Then are free to request a "credible fear" hearing at any time, now that this crusader has so kindly informed them or their right to do it. Why don't they?

Neither I, nor anyone else, has any burden or desire to "disprove" her highly dubious claims. Let her provide any evidence/witnesses she has if she cares to. Then it can be investigated.

Nice try, cheese-eater.
firefly

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 07:21 pm
@layman,
As an attorney, Lunn must protect her client's interests. It's the women themselves who would have to accuse the DHS of unlawful behavior--they are the witnesses.
Quote:
Why don't they?

Are you joking? These women are likely fearful and terrified of the U.S. government's ability to take their children, or to punish them for even making an accusation against DHS by denying their asylum request, or by harming them in some other way--and apparently, even their legal advocates fear that these women could face retaliation in their immigration court proceedings if they made claims against DHS.

You seem to have no appreciation for how terrified and vulnerable these refugee women probably are. The DHS should first try investigating without having specific names of refugees. Surely they are clever enough to investigate their own agents, or to institute further training for these agents to emphasize to them that they want the law followed--including all necessary procedures..
Quote:
Nice try, cheese-eater

I don't know what your "cheese-eater" nonsense is about, but your lack of empathic capacity may inhibit your ability to understand the plight of these refugees on a basic human level. You judge them very freely, and harshly, you ought to try also understanding them a bit more.
layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 07:30 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

As an attorney, Lunn must protect her client's interests. It's the women themselves who would have to accuse the DHS of unlawful behavior--they are the witnesses.
Well, so at least you now concede that she did refuse, eh? I guess that's one small step toward being honest.
firefly

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 07:40 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Well, so at least you now concede that she did refuse

She didn't share the names, that's not the same as refusing to provide them. Do we even know whether DHS, or anyone else, asked for names? In fact, DHS may well understand that she can't ethically divulge names without her client's permission or consent.

She has to maintain confidentiality for what her clients tell her. Her recourse, and ethical responsibility, is to report that she keeps hearing about a disturbing pattern of law-breaking by DHS agents going on--specifically their failure to ask about fear--then DHS should make an effort to investigate that.

Come on, you're a bright guy, and should be able to understand that.
coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:09 pm
Quote:
Obama Separated 72,000 Parents from Their Children by 2014

Quote:
This is from the left-wing Alter-net on June 26, 2014:

Washington’s cruel immigration policies are separating tens of thousands of parents from their children who are living here perfectly legally. According to a report obtained by the Huffington Post, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last year carried out more than 72,000 deportations of parents who said they had U.S.-born children.

This startlingly high number comes from reports sent by ICE in April to the Senate Appropriations Committee and the Judiciary Committee, which lay out 72,410 removals of immigrants who said they had one or more U.S.-born children in 2013. Children born in the U.S. are automatically granted citizenship, but millions of them (approximately 4.5 million according to a report by Human Impact Partners), have at least one, sometimes two parents who are undocumented. The reports emerge precisely at a time when President Obama faces increasing pressure to change immigration policies in order to keep families together, and the House completely stalls immigration reform.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/obama-separated-72000-parents-from-their-children-by-2014/

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:19 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
She didn't share the names, that's not the same as refusing to provide them.
She has to maintain confidentiality for what her clients tell her.

Well, which is it? Did she have an ethical duty to refuse, and complied with her duty, or did she NOT refuse?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:24 pm
I swore not to tell (and got paid good for doing it) so, ethically, I can't give any details, but I can tell you this:

I know where three bodies of people murdered by Bill and Hillary Clinton are buried. Y'all best get to investigating.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:27 pm
@coldjoint,
72,000 cases of Obama ripping parents away from their kids, eh? Well, I guess it just goes to show you--even Saints have to make hard choices sometimes.

A lot of saints had to make the hard choice of refusing to complain about it, out of loyalty to Obama.
coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:30 pm
@layman,
Quote:
72,000 cases of Obama ripping parents away from their kids, eh?

Somehow the voices were not heard as the media buried the story. I do not recall this kind outrage. Do you?
layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:34 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
72,000 cases of Obama ripping parents away from their kids, eh?

Somehow the voices were not heard as the media buried the story. I do not recall this kind outrage. Do you?

Naw, I don't seem to recall that. I added a little to that post to show I'm not the only one who kept his mouth shut, though.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:44 pm
@coldjoint,
I haven't listened to it all yet (only about 15 minutes of it a while back) but I can tell this guy is good. He's left-leaning, he said, but he doesn't come off as partisan and seems to be making good arguments for his case.
Builder

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 09:29 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
What's your definition of fake news.......

Pretty-much anything in the mainstream media these days.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 09:37 pm
@layman,
WaPo wrote:
Trump advocates depriving undocumented immigrants of due-process rights

President Trump on Sunday explicitly advocated depriving undocumented immigrants of their due-process rights, arguing that people who cross the border into the United States illegally must immediately be deported without trial...

layman wrote:

I wonder how long it will take Wapo to retract this bogus article and fire the idiot who printed it?

Forever, maybe?

Getting there. That was 10-12 hours ago. I just checked, and they aint changed a single word yet.

Notice that the article is not even talking about asylum-seekers (not that it would matter if it was). There is nothing illegal about seeking asylum. The sentence quoted only talks about criminals who have entered the country illegally.

Still no retraction, though.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 09:56 pm
Quote:
Maxine Waters says 'the people' will 'absolutely harass' Trump staffers

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2018/06/24/maxine-waters-pushes-supporters-to-fight-trump-wh-says-people-will-absolutely-harass-trump-staffers/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/1862/1048/1529889287715.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Speaking on MSNBC, the California congresswoman said current administration officials who defend Trump “know what they’re doing is wrong” and said they soon won’t be able to peacefully appear in public without being harassed.

“They’re not going to be able to go to a restaurant, they’re not going to be able to stop at a gas station, they’re not going to be able to shop at a department store,” Waters said. “The people are going to turn on them, they’re going to protest, they’re going to absolutely harass them.”

She continued, “History will record that while he tried to step on all of us we kicked him in his rear and we stepped on him.”

These cheese-eaters just keep BEGGING for a beatdown, eh?

And, ya know what? They're gunna get it.

Good.

And hard.

P.S. Can anybody remind me how to cut down that image size? I used to know, but I seem to have clean forgot now.
Builder

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:08 pm
@layman,
Image size is fine on the laptop.

Much butthurt I sense in this image.
layman

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:38 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Image size is fine on the laptop.

Much butthurt I sense in this image.

Heh. Yeah, Builda. Lookin at THAT aint nuthin nice, eh?
Builder

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:39 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Lookin at THAT aint nuthin nice, eh?

They done had they gravy train derailed, I reckon.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:42 pm
@layman,
Keep watching he pokes a huge holes in quite a few things we hear all the time.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:53 pm
For the record, this is how this conversation has appeared on my screen for the past few hours. Take it for what it's worth.

https://i.imgur.com/ZrSjpC3.jpg?1