monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

firefly

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:11 am
@georgeob1,
It is not illegal to request asylum.

And the numbers seeking asylum stem from deplorable and life-threatening conditions of violence, crime, and corruption in several Central American countries. It is not difficult to see, and empathize with, why these deperate people flee with their children seeking a place of sanctuary.

An isolationist position, and a gigantic wall, will not help tje U.S. confront that problem at our Southern border. We need to help find solutions that will make the lives in those countries endurable, and safer, so that desperate people aren't fleeing in such large numbers. It is in our own best interest to do that, but it is also something we can't do unilaterally, and
while our President believes in bullying and manipulating people into

"deals" , he has seemingly no capacity for the negotiated compromises of true diplomacy.

As far as the iilegal stream of drugs coming in, blame the drug users that. consume them. It's the demand that creates the supply.
blatham

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:13 am
Item # 1
Sean Hannity lets Roger Stone promote Infowars on Fox News
Roger Stone: "I was appearing once a day on Infowars, where we're fighting a terrific war against net censorship"

Item # 2
Alex Jones: The Pentagon has "weaponized perfumes" that make men gay to prevent them from having kids

Some might make the suggestion that the quality of the modern conservative mind has a close relationship to the quality of right wing media.
coldjoint

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:22 am
@layman,
Quote:
Most voters blame the parents of the separated children at the border for the latest illegal immigration crisis

That is where the blame belongs. The Left has a way of transferring blame. Rioters are not blamed for riots, they manage to blame the police. Islam is not blamed for the terror and hate it inspires. Instead it is blamed on colonialism that vastly improved the standard of living and never interfered in the religion.
Or the dreaded white supremacist, not because of what they might think but by the color of their skin. The very thing they say they oppose.

The hypocrisy and just outright lies and omission of basic facts is what they have. Why it is still effective is a mystery to anyone capable of thinking for themselves. The Left clearly has no original or individual thoughts.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:23 am
@firefly,
Quote:
It is not illegal to request asylum.

It is also not illegal to refuse asylum.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:24 am
@blatham,
Hmmmmmm. Roger and Sean, brilliant minds that discovered and revealed the dastardly plan to weaponize perfume. What’s next, proof of the genetic bomb?
blatham

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:30 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
What’s next, proof of the genetic bomb?
Actually, it's condoms designed to make white males' penises even smaller.
Brand X

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:31 am
@glitterbag,
Hopefully it's wafting in the White House.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:32 am
@blatham,
Oh the humanity!
coldjoint

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:32 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Actually, it's condoms designed to make white male's penises even smaller.

Most likely another expert opinion based on a lifetime of experience.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:34 am
Quote:
President Trump appeared at an event Friday with family members whose relatives were killed by immigrants in the country illegally, with the family members holding images of their loved ones that had apparently been signed by Trump.

The event at the White House featured 14 relatives of angel families standing on stage against a backdrop emblazoned with the phrases "Protect Our Communities" and "Secure Our Borders" over an American flag.

Trump spoke about the relatives who died at the hands of immigrants in the U.S. illegally, saying they had been "permanently separated" from their family members.

Each of the 11 photos of deceased relatives held by the family members on stage during the event featured Trump’s signature in black ink, CNBC noted.

This may seem harsh but I think it would be a fine thing if everyone who still supports this sociopath were to suffer a cardiac arrest before sunset today.
blatham

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:36 am
@glitterbag,
I like that. An allusion to the world's greatest phallic tragedy.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:47 am
@blatham,
Quote:
This may seem harsh but I think it would be a fine thing if everyone who still supports this sociopath were to suffer a cardiac arrest before sunset today.

Back to your old tricks, wishing people misfortune or death. Where do I sign up to learn to be as tolerant as you?
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:58 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
75 Percent of Americans Say Immigration Is Good for Country,

Coldjoint replied:
Quote:
Legal immigration. Why leave that part out?

I would have check the poll, but I am not sure if the term "legal" was mentioned in the question.

Considering past polls favored giving illegal immigrants a pathway to citizenship, it is a fair assumption most of the country don't care about illegal immigration except how the laws affect those illegals once they cross the border.
georgeob1

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 10:59 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I don't think your statement was harsh at all: merely fatuous.
coldjoint

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 11:00 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
I would have check the poll, but I am not sure if the term "legal" was mentioned in the question.

So not knowing what the poll really says you post it anyway?
Walter Hinteler

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 11:05 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Coldjoint replied:
Quote:
Legal immigration. Why leave that part out?

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/sl9FBeAl.jpg
coldjoint

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 11:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Without the word legal it is a useless poll.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
@coldjoint,
Actually, you wrote that rev had left it out ...
blatham

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 11:19 am
@georgeob1,
Yeah, I don't do harsh very well, I confess. But as penance, let's do this...

When you have a close family member die in a bloody auto wreck, send me their photo and I'll do a likeness on black velvet and autograph it for you.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 23 Jun, 2018 11:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Actually, you wrote that rev had left it out ...

She is the one that posted it. You are nitpicking again Wally.
0 Replies