monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 05:13 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
the sudden silence from tRumpers who defended family separation. The silence is deafening!
Perhaps I don't count as a defender of the policy. But I certainly haven't been silenced.

Of course, I generally respond to others' posts, and if other people have stopped posting about it, there will be little for me to reply to.
firefly

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 05:28 pm
https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/lk012717dapr.jpg?w=620
Below viewing threshold (view)
MMarciano

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 06:14 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

if other people have stopped posting about it, there will be little for me to reply to.

I doubt that, you've been rambling on with dementia for years!

And on another note, it is just so unbelievable that there are so many heartless Americans in this Country that agree with the policy of taking these Children away is acceptable. it saddens me the lack of human compassion that is being shown in these days. Trump has truly pulled out the ignorance and hate in some Americans.

America has become a country hated.

Who will come to our aid if we are ever attacked, we have turned into the kind of country that we use to condemn .
McGentrix

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 06:25 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Have you ever taken a Child Psych course? The deliterious effects of separating young children from parents is very well documented.

Try educating yourself more, and verbalizing meaningless, uninformed gibberish less.

And get with reality--Trump just admitted the practice of separation was wrong and harmful---that's why he is now trying to look like a hero by stopping it.

What is the deleterious effects of dragging your children from home, having them watch mom get repeatedly raped by one criminal after another while their possessions are stolen from them as they travel across the lovely country of Mexico?

How does that compare to a bed, food, medical care, education and safety?

Explain to us how you find the later so much worse?
Blickers

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 06:43 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
What is the deleterious effects of dragging your children from home, having them watch mom get repeatedly raped by one criminal after another while their possessions are stolen from them as they travel across the lovely country of Mexico?

How does that compare to a bed, food, medical care, education and safety?

It's a dangerous journey, but not all women get raped on the way. And it's indicative of the Trump defenders that they would use the ordeal these people went through as a justification for the US government to practice cruel and inhumane treatment to those coming here.
georgeob1

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 07:10 pm
@Blickers,
True not all women immigrants are raped by the coyotes who are paid by them to get to and across the border, however enough do to be a real human problem. Increasingly the coyotes are controlled by the drug cartels in Mexico, perhaps the most cruel and deadly organized crime syndicates in the world. The point remains that many would be immigrants are victims of the traffickers who make their money exploiting our unprotected borders and lax treatment of illegal immigrants. A border wall and real enforcement of our long standing immigration laws would quickly end the easy opportunity we foolishly give them.

We have evaded both enforcement and needed revision of our immigration laws for several decades because previous administrations were afraid to face the political issues involved. Meanwhile the situation became worse and worse both for the country and the deserving immigrants. We are foolishly rewarding the wrong people and behaviors, and it will get far worse if we don't act on the matter. Happily we have a President who is willing to face and deal with the situation as it is.
layman

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 07:43 pm
The 'zero tolerance" policy of Trump is absolutely necessary to change the incentives for smugglers of children who are not theirs, and for the welfare of their victims, who are often forced into virtual slavery for labor and sexual exploitation after they, and their captors, are released into the States

The "catch and release" policy of Obama was a dismal failure. The smugglers all knew that if they brought some kid in with them, even one they kidnapped, and claimed to be the parent, they would NOT be arrested or detained.

Instead they would just be given a notice to appear at a civil hearing. As little as 3% ever showed up, I hear. They would just head for a sanctuary city and start pimping out their captive kids.

Liberals loved it! Even today they (e.g., Kamala Harris) are saying that that Trump should prevent all arrests of anyone with children. They want open borders, pure and simple, and have no real concern for the children. Children are much better off in state foster homes than with the criminal kidanppers who often bring them in.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 08:08 pm
I guess folks on the right side of the peanut gallery haven't been keeping up.

Trump signs order stopping his policy of separating families at border.

You'll want to revise your pomposity to fall in line with President Plump, and pretend that the compassionate policy was your moral stance all along.
neptuneblue

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 08:28 pm
@layman,
It's interesting the same 3-4 defenders of the President keep posting to any one, every one who may have a difference of opinion. Bully tactics such as "so what" "they did it first" "my rights trample all others" and what-cha-gonna-do-about-it" seem to have the spot light.

I reserve my right to not engage in useless rhetoric when it leads to nothing.

Except, I'm still here, fighting the good fight. And so, so many others are right there with me.
layman

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 08:31 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I reserve my right to not engage in useless rhetoric when it leads to nothing.

Maybe you should tell your homeboy, Chuck E. Schumer, to do the same, eh?
coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 08:31 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Except, I'm still here, fighting the good fight. And so, so many others are right there with me.

What is the "good fight'" I hope you can elaborate on that.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 08:33 pm
@layman,
Or,

I could tell you.

Same difference.
0 Replies