monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:40 am
@ehBeth,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTDwXmiUcAAPCNL.jpg
Let's play "Dress Up". Laughing Laughing Laughing
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/11/05/justin-trudeau-paper-doll_n_8479430.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:41 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Trump reverses course, says he will put an end to family separations on southern border

President Trump abruptly reversed course Wednesday, saying he would sign an executive order ending family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border after a public uproar over his administration’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy.

The plan, as described by administration officials, would keep families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution for illegal border crossings, potentially violating a 1997 court settlement limiting the duration of child detentions.

“We have to be very strong on the border but at the same time we want to be very compassionate,” Trump said at the White House during a meeting with lawmakers that was opened to the media.

Trump had repeatedly defended his immigration crackdown, including forcibly separating migrant children from their parents after they crossed the border. But images of young children in tears, housed in metal cages, set off an international outcry.
WaPo
layman

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:42 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Last, what about the families who have already been deported during this zero tolerance law? The executive order will not help that in the least.

Yeah! And what about the thousands of kids who suffered when this same separation law was followed by Obama?! I WANT EVERY BIT OF THAT DAMAGE UNDONE!! NOW!! I'M GOING TO KEEP SCREAMING UNTIL IT IS. THAT WILL DO THE TRICK, I'M SURE!!
coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,

Quote:
Trump had repeatedly defended his immigration crackdown, including forcibly separating migrant children from their parents after they crossed the border. But images of young children in tears, housed in metal cages, set off an international outcry.

How about migrant(Islamic) children in Europe terrorizing citizens? Why no international outcry? There is, but you will not see it on the MSM.

Clean your own house Wally, we've got this.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:47 am
Quote:
NOTHING but class: Dem congressional intern shouts ‘F**K YOU’ while Trump walks through U.S. Capitol

Enough said.
http://dougpowers.com/2018/06/20/nothing-but-class-dem-congressional-intern-shouts-fk-you-while-trump-walks-through-u-s-capitol/
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:53 am
@coldjoint,
What is wrong with you?

I am referring to children, infants as well, who have been separated from their parents. It is chaos right now between the parents and the children; trying to connect children with their parents. And some parents have been deported without their children against their will.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621065383/what-we-know-family-separation-and-zero-tolerance-at-the-border
oralloy

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The plan, as described by administration officials, would keep families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution for illegal border crossings, potentially violating a 1997 court settlement limiting the duration of child detentions.
If sending kids to jail alongside their mothers is all it takes to make liberals happy, we should send children to prison alongside their mothers post-conviction as well. That should make liberals even happier yet.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I am referring to children, infants as well, who have been separated from their parents. It is chaos right now between the parents and the children; trying to connect children with their parents. And some parents have been deported without their children against their will.

Get real. It is their own fault. We have laws.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm
@coldjoint,
I have to admit that we placed many of the more than 12 million refugees in tents as well ...

https://i.imgur.com/NbBWmTEl.jpg

... but the children could at least play between the walls

https://i.imgur.com/fqTT60Jl.jpg

Oops - that was in the late 1940's. (We had had a Federal Ministry of Displaced Persons, Refugees and War Victims between 1949 and 1969)
coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I have to admit that we placed many of the more than 12 million refugees in tents as well ...

If you wish to broadcast the stupidity of the German government it is up to you. Remember you started the war.
revelette1

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:03 pm
@layman,
Those were unaccompanied minors in 2014. They were kept there for three days. They were not little children being ripped from the adults who accompanied them.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621065383/what-we-know-family-separation-and-zero-tolerance-at-the-border
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Now you are blaming the refugee children for the situation they are in, and the separation from their parents? Do you realize that includes infants and toddlers?

Are their rights being adequately protected? Do they have legal representation and advocacy?

Or don't you even care?

You are right, we have laws, and those laws should be protecting those children.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:08 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Remember you started the war.
I was born after 1945, but served as a conscript during the cold war (and later as a reserve officer in a kind of stand-by unit).
layman

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:09 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

...we should send children to prison alongside their mothers post-conviction as well. That should make liberals even happier yet.

Yeah, Roy. I hear that thousands of cheese-eaters are marching on the Chicago City Hall right now, demanding that thousands of their children be immediately imported into the Cook County jail.

It's possible that I have been misinformed, but I doubt it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:14 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Now you are blaming the refugee children

No, I am blaming the parents. Especially the ones that sent their children alone.
Quote:
Do they have legal representation and advocacy?

They sure do, the border is full of useful idiots ready to defend them.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:15 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I was born after 1945,

Again, totally irrelevant. These are not refugees from war.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:21 pm
Democrats comparing the facilities holding children to concentration camps hear from a survivor. Not that they are listening.

Quote:
When asked to compare these detention centers to actual concentration camps, Tuck responded, “This is a country club.”

“I was given a piece of bread in the morning. A piece of bread in the evening,” Tuck said, “I had to survive with my life. I have a number on my arm to prove it — from Auschwitz.”

The Holocaust survivor went on to explain the rigorous process he had to follow in becoming a legal immigrant to the United States, including “five years of recuperation, paperwork and applications.”

In other words, he didn’t just cross the border.

“They want to come to America. So did I,” Tuck explained to advocates of illegal immigration. “But you have to know who is coming in. It is wrong to separate the kids from the parents. But to call it a concentration camp? That is wrong. It’s a country club.”

Of course the Democrats know better than an actual survivor, again, enough said.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/democrats-invoke-holocaust-survivor-slams/
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:25 pm
@coldjoint,
You may be blaming the parents, but it's Trump's zero tolerance policy that has accounted for the 2300+ separations since its inception.

Trump is responsible for this hideous abuse of those innocent children. His policy has created this situation, and it has not even stemmed the tide of those refugees seeking to enter the U.S.

Cruel, expensive, and essentially ineffective, but it is still a policy you champion. Logic isn't your strong suit...

And the legal rights of all 2300+ children are not being adequately protected. Do you expect a toddler to request a lawyer?. Do you think they can locate their mother if they don't even know their own last name.?

Are you anything other than a partisan troll who mindlessly parrots Trumpet talking points?
coldjoint

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:31 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Trump's zero tolerance policy that has accounted for the 2300+ separations since its inception.

Zero tolerance is used in our schools, that being said, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is responsible for the separations.
Quote:
hideous abuse of those innocent children.

What hideous abuse? You are talking nonsense. I have seen only one story of an abusive Border agent. The NYT ran it( I wonder why) and Wally posted it. I expect some horror stories to back up what you said. Should I wait?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:38 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
Sounds like ole Steve [Schmidt] is working hard to please his new employers at MSNBC.

They're not new. Schmidt has been working at MSNBC for over six years, and until the last year has shown no signs of moving away from the GOP.

So ???? And that tells us what?