monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:04 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
A 2/3's margin

There is not a chance in Hell of that when it comes to immigration. You are correct, though. Funny how the law works. I bet you would want that one enforced.
oralloy

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:09 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Um, no it isn't. A 2/3's margin of a vote from both House and Senate overriding a presidential veto can set a law into place. Your civics lesson for the day...
As if the Democrats controlled 2/3 of both bodies?
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:11 pm
@coldjoint,
The President doesn't make laws nor enforces them. Our elected officials do. And if they want to keep on being elected, they should listen to the majority of their constituents. Unfortunately, the President's base is sadly at a minority hovering around 30%. That means we'd only have to flip 5%.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:11 pm
With things as they are I have to inject the possibility Strzok could end up dead or in a coma. Maybe too many 007 movies, maybe not.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:15 pm
Just like a cheese-eater to think that a majority of American voters are going to elect someone whose main "issue" is promising to coddle criminal invaders, eh?
neptuneblue

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:24 pm
@layman,
What's up with the "cheese-eater" comments? Is that supposed to be a credible retort? A government surplus put down? Weak, very weak.

All the people of Wisconsin are now going to throw away perfectly good hats, all because of YOU.

Gouda, pleasssse.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:24 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
The President doesn't make laws nor enforces them.

Oh yes he does. He does enforce the laws. Look at your Constitution and get back to me.
georgeob1

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:27 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Trump's cruel separation policy has succeeded in solidifying Democratic support for legislation that will prevent children from being removed from their parents without sufficient reason.
At least he's helping to unite the Democrats. šŸ˜

That's laugh. He united them in opposition to his administration the moment he was elected. So far the only thing they can agree on is TDS. The leadership of the party is in disarray - Pelosi and Schumer are public liabilities, long past their political lifetimes, and their far left alternatives are unelectable.
neptuneblue

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:28 pm
@coldjoint,
He can try to control Congress, but the Override function guarantees he may not actually be successful at it. Therefore, he cannot actual "enforce" much of anything.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:35 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
He can try to control Congress

He is not trying to control Congress, he is telling them to do their job on something kicked down the road by many administrations because of the establishment uniparty.

Again, one DACA is enough.

BTW, Trump delegates the enforcement of laws by appointing people who see it gets done.

firefly

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
all 4 living former first ladies are on the same side - and have now gone public about it - Mrs. Bush at the front

Actually, we have 4 living former First Ladies, plus the current First Lady, and all of them have now come out against Trump's family separation policy.

This rather striking unity again reinforces the view that this separation policy is not, and should not be, a partisan issue--it is a humanitarian and ethical issue.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:54 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
-it is a humanitarian and ethical issue.

Put a sock in it. It is to turn this country upside down. Nothing else but a blatant excuse for the powers that be to import voters destined to end up on government assistance. To keep wages down and burden the taxpayer to support them and our own poor it will create. It is a uniparty push and it has lost its momentum. In fact it has hit a wall. Put up or shut up.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Yeaah...

How's that working out for ya?
coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:58 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
How's that working out for ya?

What part of it?
neptuneblue

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 07:59 pm
@coldjoint,
Pick one.

coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 08:01 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Pick one.

You asked. Got nothing, huh?
neptuneblue

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 08:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Oh, I have plenty.

The point is, I want to know how you think you've fared in the past two years compared to say, the last 20, if you're old enough (cuz I have no idea how old you are.)

0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 08:09 pm
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-v68GMkHrKao/WyeP5K0DDYI/AAAAAAABuJc/tKKEXoQnJEkWeq4bqwGm-b5BhCXiq_F7wCHMYCw/s1600/dilley%255B5%255D

Quote:
ā€œSurrounded by high fencing, the South Texas Family Residential Center, as it is officially known, has a basketball gym, a school for the children, a state-of-the-art medical clinic and a beauty salonā€¦ ā€˜I would be lying if I said they didnā€™t treat us well,ā€™ said Y.G.G., a 27-year-old woman who has been at the camp here since February.ā€ ā€“ NYT

Boy that looks like a concentration camp if I ever saw one.
http://www.michellesmirror.com/2018/06/hyperbole-official-language-of.html#.Wye5seWVJlw.twitter
neptuneblue

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 08:12 pm
@coldjoint,
Answer the question.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Jun, 2018 08:15 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Answer the question.

I do not have to.