monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

jcboy

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 11:44 am
This is just because Angela Merkel has a bigger dick than he does.

Trump reportedly wants to ban German cars from America

Quote:
President Donald Trump is reportedly threatening to ban German cars from US roads.

Trump reportedly told French President Emmanuel Macron in April that he wanted to banish all German cars from American roads. Germany is currently the top European auto exporter, with more than 650,000 vehicles being imported to the US in 2017. A report from Germany's Wirtschaftswoche magazine cited several unnamed European and US diplomats familiar with these alleged plans, according to Automotive News.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAy49ZZ.img?h=180&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=360&y=100
coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 11:50 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
This is just because Angela Merkel has a bigger dick than he does.

That is fine, Trump's balls are much bigger.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 12:10 pm
@georgeob1,
Monica Lewinski was 21, not a minor and it is not a crime to have an affair in the office even if it is in the Oval office. In my opinion since it first come up he should have said it wasn't anybody's business and saved us all a lot of trouble. As for Paula Jones, it could have been legit, but there is room to think it also could have been political. As far as Whitewater and all rest, give me a break.
coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 12:16 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Monica Lewinski Paula Jones,

Why did you leave out the woman he raped? She does not count? You are defending a predator, in case you do not realize it. Why is Clinton thought about in any other way, considering anyone else who did anything close has been vanquished from the public arena?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Monica Lewinski was 21, not a minor and it is not a crime to have an affair in the office even if it is in the Oval office. In my opinion since it first come up he should have said it wasn't anybody's business and saved us all a lot of trouble. As for Paula Jones, it could have been legit, but there is room to think it also could have been political. As far as Whitewater and all rest, give me a break.

I'm pretty sure that Federal Regulations prohibit sexual relations between Federal employees and officials and those who report to, and are subordinate to them, particularly if carried out in Federal offices during working hours. Even in the private sector such behavior would be actionable under civil law.
maporsche

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 12:59 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Even in the private sector such behavior would be actionable under civil law.

That behavior may be questionable and there may be company rules that have been violated, but criminally actionable (if consensual and all parties of age)?? Not likely.

Where I work, I know several people who have married and had relationships with subordinates. All that usually happens is that they inform HR if they are in a relationship and one of the employee gets moved to another team if possible...and if not possible, then the subordinate reports to another manager (even if on the same team).

Walter Hinteler

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 01:03 pm
Trump’s Lawyers, in Confidential Memo, Argue to Head Off a Historic Subpoena
Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump’s lawyers have for months quietly waged a campaign to keep the special counsel from trying to force him to answer questions in the investigation into whether he obstructed justice, asserting that he cannot be compelled to testify and arguing in a confidential letter that he could not possibly have committed obstruction because he has unfettered authority over all federal investigations.

In a brash assertion of presidential power, the 20-page letter — sent to the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, and obtained by The New York Times — contends that the president cannot illegally obstruct any aspect of the investigation into Russia’s election meddling because the Constitution empowers him to, “if he wished, terminate the inquiry, or even exercise his power to pardon.”

>Letter here<

Mr. Trump’s broad interpretation of executive authority is novel and is likely to be tested if a court battle ensues over whether he could be ordered to answer questions. It is unclear how that fight, should the case reach that point, would play out. A spokesman for Mr. Mueller declined to comment.

“We don’t know what the law is on the intersection between the obstruction statutes and the president exercising his constitutional power to supervise an investigation in the Justice Department,” said Jack Goldsmith, a Harvard Law School professor who oversaw the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel during the Bush administration. “It’s an open question.”

Hand-delivered to the special counsel’s office in January and written by two of the president’s lawyers at the time, John M. Dowd and Jay A. Sekulow, the letter offers a rare glimpse into one side of the high-stakes negotiations over a presidential interview.

[...]

coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 01:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Mr. Trump’s broad interpretation of executive authority is novel

And Obama's was not? 27 times he said he did not have the authority to do anything like DACA, and he did it anyway. Why weren't we in a tailspin then? More bullshit everyday. Trump is still winning and is still and will be president, hopefully until 2024.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 01:32 pm
Quote:
A Clapper Postscript

Quote:
When asked why he didn’t tell Donald Trump or his campaign manager about the alleged threat to his campaign posed by the Russians that was then under investigation, Clapper said:

It wasn’t my place to do that. I was reporting to the then-government…the executive branch policymakers.

So whether to tell the Trump campaign about the Russians’ alleged threat to that campaign, and the Obama administration’s investigation, was a policy decision to be made by Clapper’s superiors.

Clapper was Director of National Intelligence at the time, which means that he reported directly to the president, Barack Obama. His statement implies that President Obama knew about the investigation of the Trump campaign, and it was his call whether to keep candidate Trump in the dark. There is no one else in the executive branch to whom Clapper reasonably could have deferred on this obviously important question.

Well? It does sound like Obama knew. Shouldn't Obama be asked to testify? He is no longer the president.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/06/a-clapper-postscript.php?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sw&utm_campaign=sw
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 01:54 pm
Quote:
The Trump effect…
CNN’s ongoing ratings crisis has now reached the point where the far-left anti-Trump channel was unable to place a single show in the top 25 throughout the month of May.

Looks like social media will be the main driver behind the hate Trump movement, people are not watching it on TV anymore. At least nowhere near to networks that support Trump's policies.

So keep the hate going anyway you can, because it is dying on the vine while we speak.

https://100percentfedup.com/veryfakenewscnns-ratings-crisis-not-one-single-show-placed-in-top-25/
coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 03:19 pm
These people have no memories or just want to reinforce the double standard of the Left even more.
Quote:
Remember the Media Outrage Over Obama’s Early Release Jobs Information? I Don’t Either

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-obama-economy-jobs-sb/obama-another-dismal-jobs-report-is-likely-idUSTRE5145P720090205
Quote:
Let’s compare and contrast. Trump teases a good jobs report an hour before markets open and the media befouls itself. Obama predicts a terrible jobs report the day before the release and we have crickets. And if Larry Summers can find an investigation either demanded or conducted because of this “outrage” by Obama, I’ll kiss his fat butt at high noon at a place of his choosing and give him an hour to draw a crowd.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/06/02/remember-media-outrage-obamas-early-release-jobs-information-dont-either/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=remember-media-outrage-obamas-early-release-jobs-information-dont-either&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
0 Replies

thack45

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 03:35 pm
@coldjoint,
To me, CNN – and all TV news really – has been trash for a long time. Same for social media. Yet despite all that, I've had no trouble generally hating Trump.

Do you find it frustrating that you're forced to choose between news that supports Trump and news that opposes him? Is there really not a space for no narrative, non-editorialized news where they just say, "Hey, here's all the **** that happened today, and here's the transcripts."?

Still, I think those looking to have their hate for Trump confirmed ought to have little trouble even without CNN. There's always Vox, the Atlantic, Slate, Salon, the Daily Beast, Think Progress, Vanity Fair, the New Yorker, New York Magazine, Time, MSNBC... and a slew of other sites that essentially regurgitate the already regurgitated.
Lash

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 03:37 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

revelette1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Federal Regulations prohibit sexual relations between Federal employees and officials and those who report to, and are subordinate to them, particularly if carried out in Federal offices during working hours. Even in the private sector such behavior would be actionable under civil law.

Yes. Monica Lewinski herself admitted that as young as she was, and as heady as the experience was to have an affair with the most powerful man in the
world, it took her years to come to terms with the fact that the power dynamic in the relationship was abusive to her.

But Bill fanatics turn a blind eye to the reality, making their defense of what was practically statutory rape, meaningless.

How many CEOs and managers lost their jobs due to ‘consensual sex with workplace subordinates? Plenty.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 03:39 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
I've had no trouble generally hating Trump.

Why? What has he done that effects you or people you know?
0 Replies

roger

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 03:44 pm
@thack45,

thack45 wrote:

Do you find it frustrating that you're forced to choose between news that supports Trump and news that opposes him? Is there really not a space for no narrative, non-editorialized news where they just say, "Hey, here's all the **** that happened today, and here's the transcripts."?

Nope! They would still get to select today's ****. Could be an accurate and unbiased story, but selected to reflect a specific viewpoint.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 03:49 pm
Quote:
Italy Challenges the Postwar Order

Trump will have to deal with this sooner or later. The EU is a globalist entity. I think Trump will back Italy because it is now "Italy First".
They know that in Italy and some Eastern European countries. Now they are letting others know.

Quote:
In another traditionalist initiative, the Five Star–League program seeks to reverse Italy’s plummeting birth rates. “It’s necessary to provide family welfare,” the program says. The program proposes measures to help women manage their motherly and professional roles by providing free child-care facilities, thus addressing one of the main reasons for the declining birthrate: the financial penalty imposed by childbirth. The case of Valeria Ferrara, a mother who was denied a Sunday per month to spend with her family by the multi-national Calvin Klein, Inc., is exemplary of this crisis. Both Five Star and the League have, in the past few years, proposed to end Sunday labor. Luigi Di Maio, the leader of Five Star, said, “unrestrained liberalization is making us poorer.”

The Five Star–League program also states that it will oversee the deportation of 500,000 illegal migrants currently living in Italy. Matteo Salvini, the head of the League, who holds the strongest position on immigration, will become minister of the interior under the new government. But even Di Maio, the head of Five Star, has indicated his opposition to mass migration. Last summer he said that the center-left government that has ruled Italy for the past five years had transformed the country into “Europe’s biggest port” for migrants. Di Maio also criticized the activities of NGOs operating in the Mediterranean and transporting migrants to Italian shores: “The EU doesn’t care about saving migrant lives, they just want the money.” The Five Star–League program has accordingly promised to “stop the business of smuggling” and take down “criminal organizations responsible for human trafficking,” which have caused “countless deaths in the Mediterranean.” As for financing the deportation of illegal migrants, the government would accomplish this by “directing funds used for hospitality towards repatriations.”

Stay tuned. The EU is.
https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2018/06/italy-challenges-the-postwar-order

0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 04:06 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:

Show me the Federal Regulation in place at the time Bill Clinton had his fling with Monica Lewinsky. If you won't or can't, then at least admit it, please.

I am pretty sure it was consensual, I mean, she flashed the straps of her thong underwear to him and that is when the first encounter took place soon after in Oval office. A pretty big come hither on Lewinsky's part. I am not aware of her saying she tried to deny him or anything else, nor did she ever say there was any sexual harassment involved; nor was there any charges made of sexual harassment between Lewinsky and Clinton. They only charged him with lying at his grand jury. Like I said, he should have just admitted to the affair and that would have been the end of it. Unless of course some right wing nuts could have gotten ahold of her and convinced her to bring a suit against him...

Quote:
Nov. 15: During the government shutdown, Clinton visits the chief of staff's office for a birthday party. Lewinsky lifts her jacket and shows him the straps of her thong underwear. Then he invites Lewinsky to his private study, where they kiss. Later that evening, they have a more intimate sexual encounter during which he takes a call from a member of Congress.

source

Lash

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 05:10 pm
@thack45,
I think we should have a whoooole lot less Trump hate and a whole lot more Puerto Rico, Flint water, climate change, oversight of ALL elected officials and their votes... things that matter to real people.

We are being completely groomed by oligarch-funded and -directed narratives.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 05:16 pm
@georgeob1,
Monica speaks out about Clinton’s gross abuse of power.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/27/monica-lewinsky-says-bill-clinton-affair-was-gross-abuse-of-power

Her own words:

Monica Lewinsky says Bill Clinton affair was ‘gross abuse of power’
Former intern says she suffered from PTSD after relationship and praises #MeToo movement

Associated Press
Tue 27 Feb 2018 11.49 EST Last modified on Tue 6 Mar 2018 07.30 EST

This article is over 3 months old
The former White House intern Monica Lewinsky has said the affair that led to impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton was not sexual assault, but “constituted a gross abuse of power”.

Writing in the March issue of Vanity Fair, Lewinsky also said she was in awe of the sheer courage of women who have been confronting entrenched beliefs and institutions.

She said she had recently been moved to tears when a leader of the #MeToo movement told her: “I’m so sorry you were so alone.”

Lewinsky said she had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress as a result of being “publicly outed and ostracised”, and lauded the #MeToo movement for providing “the safety that comes from solidarity”. “There are many more women and men whose voices and stories need to be heard before mine,” she wrote.

“There are even some people who feel my White House experiences don’t have a place in this movement, as what transpired between Bill Clinton and myself was not sexual assault, although we now recognise that it constituted a gross abuse of power.”

From Monica Lewinsky to Tonya Harding, 90s outcasts are finally getting their due

The former US president initially denied the affair before admitting to it in 1998. His representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.

“Now, at 44, I’m beginning … to consider the implications of the power differentials that were so vast between a president and a White House intern,” Lewinsky said.

“I’m beginning to entertain the notion that in such a circumstance the idea of consent might well be rendered moot, although power imbalances – and the ability to abuse them – do exist even when the sex has been consensual,” she wrote.

“But it’s … very, very complicated. The dictionary definition of ‘consent’? ‘To give permission for something to happen.’ And yet what did the ‘something’ mean in this instance, given the power dynamics, his position, and my age? Was the ‘something’ just about crossing a line of sexual [and later emotional] intimacy? An intimacy I wanted – with a 22-year-old’s limited understanding of the consequences.

He was my boss. He was the most powerful man on the planet. He was 27 years my senior, with enough life experience to know better. He was, at the time, at the pinnacle of his career, while I was in my first job out of college,” she said.
0 Replies

firefly

Sat 2 Jun, 2018 06:08 pm
The last time Melania Trump was seen in public was May 10th.

So, she's been out of sight for 22 days, so far, with no real explanation for why this is occurring.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/02/melania-trump-unseen-public-22-days-skips-camp-david-trip/

Melania, where are you? Come out, come out, wherever you are.