monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Wed 30 May, 2018 08:34 am
Quote:
Analysts said that Ms. Choe and Mr. Kim were likely to work on drafts of a potential declaration that could be issued at the summit meeting, with wording from North Korea about getting rid of its nuclear weapons and a guarantee from the United States that it would not interfere with the North’s regime or demand redress for human rights abuses.

“Ms. Choe is probably asking for nonaggression and even the stopping of joint military drills between the U.S. and South Korea because the North feels threatened by it,” said Chon Hyun-joon, a visiting professor at Woosuk University in Jeongju City. “The North Koreans are very good at getting what they want at the last minute, while it seems Trump is a little more impatient.”

Ms. Choe was an interpreter for the North Koreans during previous nuclear negotiations known as the six-party talks, which started in 2003 and eventually broke down in 2009. She is likely to have previously met Sung Kim at conferences in Europe as well.

NYT

If the above analyst is correct, then my question of the other day what the NK want in exchange to denuclearize is answered.

I guess now I am going to look up at why the talks broke down in 2009 to find out what became the sticking point.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 30 May, 2018 09:13 am
@maporsche,
True, wonder if they still can? Roseanne without Roseanne, not sure it would work, but would be interesting.
Region Philbis

Wed 30 May, 2018 10:09 am
@revelette1,

i feel bad for the rest of the cast and the crew, who all lost their jobs over that stupidity...
ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2018 10:48 am
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/roseanne-barr-blames-ambien-racist-tweet-show-cancelled-1.4683614

Quote:

Sanofi US

@SanofiUS
People of all races, religions and nationalities work at Sanofi every day to improve the lives of people around the world. While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication.

9:57 AM - May 30, 2018

that they even have to say this
ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2018 10:49 am
I wonder who owns the show. A cancellation by ABC, if they don't own the show, means it could show up on Fox or Netflix or something. If any of the cast and crew would stick with her now.
coldjoint

Wed 30 May, 2018 10:55 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that they even have to say this

They have to say it to keep racism alive. It is something the Left can bitch about for eternity. Remember the person it was aimed it is fine with it and has already used it to broadcast just how virtuous she is.

Jarrett is a Communist and with Obama tried, and are still trying, to destroy this country by the division they caused.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 30 May, 2018 11:02 am
Quote:
ABC ‘Values’: Jimmy Kimmel in blackface

Time to fire Jimmy?
Quote:
Let’s example some more of ABC so called “values” they claimed they had when they cancelled the Roseanne show today. We’ve already discussed Keith Olbermann (who ABC rehired again) and Joy Behar. Now let’s look at racist Jimmy Kimmel, in blackface, posing as an NBC basketball player. Since the whole charade today by ABC is about “racism,” how does ABC explain Jimmy Kimmel in blackface, actually mocking black people? Oh right, Jimmy Kimmel is a liberal comedian, so it doesn’t matter or something.

People know where the Left is coming from, disingenuous bastards, that is why their popularity is declining.
http://www.pacificpundit.com/2018/05/29/abc-values-jimmy-kimmel-in-blackface/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2018 11:03 am
@ehBeth,
https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/5/29/17406210/roseanne-canceled-abc-valerie-jarrett-roseanne-barr

Quote:
ABC doesn’t directly own Roseanne, which means that it doesn’t control all the eventual revenues from the program from sales to streaming companies, to international broadcasters, and so on. (You can read more about how this works here.)

Instead, the show is produced by the Carsey-Werner Company (its original production studio in the show’s 1988-’97 run) and Jax Media (which also produces Broad City, among others). Even if ABC got a cut of the show’s profits (as many broadcast networks do nowadays for shows their parent companies don’t technically own), it would be a small one. That’s an acceptable trade-off when the ratings are so huge that you know you’ll be making tons of money from advertisers, but it’s not when those ad dollars aren’t assured. (Because of this ownership situation, it’s not impossible that Roseanne could be revived elsewhere, but it would require such a specific set of circumstances that it seems incredibly unlikely.)
ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2018 11:04 am
@ehBeth,
from the same link

Quote:
When the show goes from the much more nebulous target audience of “people interested in considering the political divide in the Trump era” to the target audience of “hardcore racists,” what’s the damage not just to the show but to your network as a whole?

yup

that'd be it
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Wed 30 May, 2018 12:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Re roseanne sometimes assholes get what they deserve.

Ragman

Wed 30 May, 2018 12:56 pm
@coldjoint,
If this is the case, why would you hang out here and post daily for yers?
revelette1

Wed 30 May, 2018 01:54 pm
@Region Philbis,
Wanda Skyes quit yesterday in response to the tweet.

Inside Roseanne Barr’s Friendship with Wanda Sykes, Who Quit Her Sitcom After Racist Tweet

Of course the guy in WH has to get in on the action. I don't think he can stand not being in the middle of any spat.

Where's my apology?

For what?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 30 May, 2018 03:19 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
If this is the case, why would you hang out here and post daily for yers?

What does it look like? Remember, I have not been here for years, I was suspended for about 3 years. Someone has to let people know they are ridiculous. But I see it has not changed, and what I do, or post, can be ignored. Give it a try. I realize you, and others, are above the fray you put everyone else in.

Get over yourselves.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 30 May, 2018 03:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Re roseanne sometimes assholes get what they deserve.

Obama should be finding that out. Soon I hope.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 30 May, 2018 03:35 pm
Quote:
President Trump Signs ‘Right to Try’ Act, Keeping Another Promise to the American People

Quote:
“With the Right to Try law signing today patients with life threatening illnesses will finally have access to experimental treatments that could improve or even cure their conditions,” explained President Trump. “These are experimental treatments and products that have shown great promise, and we weren’t able to use them before — now we can use them.”

Keeping promises will keep Trump in office.

http://www.oann.com/breaking-president-trump-signs-right-to-try-act/
coldjoint

Wed 30 May, 2018 03:53 pm
Quote:
Benghazi Survivor Kris Paronto Comes to Roseanne’s Defense

Quote:
Paronto ran down a list of things on Jarrett’s resume which makes her an infinitely worse human being than Roseanne. Reprehensible actions, not reprehensible words.

Looks like Roseanne knew Jarrett was and is a traitor to what Americans hold dear. She is American in name only. AINO?

Quote:
Judicial Watch released documents in 2015 which demonstrate the Jarrett family’s ties to communism, in which the watchdog group then addresses the Muslim Brotherhood.

“It’s been well documented that Valerie Jarrett, a Chicago lawyer and longtime Obama confidant, is a liberal extremist who wields tremendous power in the White House,” they wrote. “Faithful to her roots, she still has connections to many Communist and extremist groups, including the Muslim Brotherhood.”

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/kris-paronto-roseanne-defense/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 30 May, 2018 05:09 pm
@coldjoint,
The prpb;em here is that the promises Trum[ made, he made to 1/3 of the country. The other 2/3 thinks those pfromises suck. Every time he keeps a promise he further alienates 2/3 of the country. Not good math on his part. Vote Trumpists out in November.
coldjoint

Wed 30 May, 2018 05:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
The other 2/3 thinks those ositions suck.

The MSM tells you that. Try going outside. And get a new keyboard or some tutoring.
jcboy

Wed 30 May, 2018 06:03 pm
@Ragman,
I've had her on ignore for years now and I never look at user ignored. The only time I see a post from her is when someone quotes the pink font Cool