monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Tue 29 May, 2018 12:42 pm
@coldjoint,
She's definitely correct about Americans insofar as they are reflected by your posts here.
Blickers

Tue 29 May, 2018 01:26 pm
Amazing. Roseanne Barr actually managed to beat out Bob for being the craziest Barr in the public view.

maporsche

Tue 29 May, 2018 01:40 pm
@coldjoint,
Oh sure CJ and when famous people on the left do something stupid and get their shows cancelled, you righties just let it die quietly, don't you?

I'm happy this happened. It's like yesterday when I was driving home from my vacation, there was this idiot in a black Dodge Charger weaving in and out of heavy traffic like a complete jackass.

He almost hit me and another car trying to weave in between us at upwards of 85+mph (I was going 75 and he blew by me).....anyways, not more than 10 minutes later I see him pulled over on the side of the road.

Big smile crossed my face, just like now.
jcboy

Tue 29 May, 2018 05:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Today’s tweets aren’t even the first time Barr has called an African American women an ape. In 2013, she called Obama National Security Adviser Susan Rice “a man with big swinging ape balls.”

https://image.ibb.co/fCeMoJ/r.jpg
thack45

Tue 29 May, 2018 05:46 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't think this qualifies as facism. ABC has as much a right to pull a show as the NFL has to make rules that personnel may not kneel during the national anthem.

Personally I think ABC saw an opportunity for a clean break. Yes the ratings were bananas, but the show is really really bad, and the nostalgia would wear off soon enough.

But it is a win for the combative right, as the playbook would dictate this is obvious evidence for the case of yet another assault on conservatism by the liberal elite.
coldjoint

Tue 29 May, 2018 06:20 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
I don't think this qualifies as facism.

You are right, if the government did it, it would be. Look at the UK.
Quote:
as the playbook would dictate this is obvious evidence for the case of yet another assault on conservatism by the liberal elite.

Most conservatives think the right decision was made.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 29 May, 2018 06:22 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Rice “a man with big swinging ape balls.”

Probably because Obama acted like a little girl. Can you produce the tweet to see the context? Until then you are speculating.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 29 May, 2018 06:37 pm
@jcboy,
About your meme..... would you forgive Roseanne after a severe liberal indoctrination and bias training?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 29 May, 2018 08:05 pm
Quote:
Judge Rules Mueller Must Divulge Media Contacts

That should be interesting. How will the MSM handle that two months before the midterms?
Quote:
Mueller has not produced a shred of evidence against Trump after a year of investigating, and this lawsuit could fully expose the liberal media hacks who are spreading lies and misinformation to harm the president.

It get worse for Mueller daily.
https://conservativedailypost.com/judge-rules-mueller-must-divulge-media-contacts/
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 29 May, 2018 11:36 pm
Trump Asked Sessions to Retain Control of Russia Inquiry After His Recusal.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — By the time Attorney General Jeff Sessions arrived at President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort for dinner one Saturday evening in March 2017, he had been receiving the presidential silent treatment for two days. Mr. Sessions had flown to Florida because Mr. Trump was refusing to take his calls about a pressing decision on his travel ban.

When they met, Mr. Trump was ready to talk — but not about the travel ban. His grievance was with Mr. Sessions: The president objected to his decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. Mr. Trump, who had told aides that he needed a loyalist overseeing the inquiry, berated Mr. Sessions and told him he should reverse his decision, an unusual and potentially inappropriate request.

Mr. Sessions refused.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-asked-sessions-to-retain-control-of-russia-inquiry-after-his-recusal/ar-AAy02kV?ocid=UE13DHP
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 29 May, 2018 11:50 pm
Trump rips McCain at political rally.

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — President Donald Trump slammed frequent foe Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who is battling brain cancer, for having voted against one of the measures that would have repealed Obamacare last year.

Speaking at a rally here, and referring to McCain without using his name, Trump said his efforts to scrap President Obama's signature health care law were frustrated by the Arizona senator's decision to give a thumbs-down to the bill on the Senate floor in July.

"We had it done folks, it was done, and then early in the morning somebody turned their hand in the wrong direction," Trump said. "The person that voted that way only talked repeal and replace. He campaigned on it."

The rhetorical jabs were Trump's first public comments about McCain since it was reported earlier this month that White House press aide Kelly Sadler had privately told colleagues there was no reason to worry about the Arizona senator's antipathy toward a Trump nominee because McCain is "dying anyway." That remark infuriated lawmakers, including many of McCain's fellow Republican senators, but Trump has shown more concern about the leaking of the conversation than about the disrespect shown to McCain.

Sadler remains in her job.

There's no love lost between McCain and Trump — McCain allies have told the White House Trump is not welcome at the senator's future funeral — but Trump had not attacked the senator for some time before Tuesday night. Their feud dates back at least as long as the early days of Trump's 2015 presidential campaign, when McCain called Trump supporters "crazies" and Trump questioned McCain's valor in Vietnam.

Back then, Trump called McCain a "loser" and ridiculed him for the years he spent in a Vietnamese prison camp after his plane was shot down.

"He is a war hero because he was captured," Trump said. "I like people who weren't captured."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-rips-mccain-at-political-rally/ar-AAy07Yc?ocid=UE13DHP
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 30 May, 2018 07:46 am
@coldjoint,
I pity you and your fear.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 30 May, 2018 07:48 am
Bill Maher about Roseanne from a month ago.

revelette1

Wed 30 May, 2018 08:27 am
@Blickers,
I am not sure she was sane back when the episode was on the first time, but seems to be half crazed and definitely racist now. She would have kept up a constant stir on twitter etc.. which would have continued to cause problems for ABC. Personally I admire ABC for making such a money losing decision so timely.
maporsche

Wed 30 May, 2018 08:32 am
@revelette1,
I do wish they'd just have fired Roseanne and maybe replaced her with someone else or killed off her character.