monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Real Music

Fri 25 May, 2018 05:47 pm
http://i3.cpcache.com/product/37919995/trump_2020_sticker.jpg?color=White&height=630&width=630&qv=90
Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Fri 25 May, 2018 07:05 pm
tRump has been clocked fast approaching 4000 lies (truthful hyperbole) since taking office.He is lying at a rate of 9 times a day. You can liken his ease of lying to a person applying perfume. The person becomes immune to the smell and just keeps applying more, totally oblivious to the stench that surrounds their presence. Laughing
Real Music

Fri 25 May, 2018 07:13 pm
https://i.imgflip.com/1sy3su.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 25 May, 2018 11:32 pm
https://i.imgflip.com/1s9dvm.jpg
Brand X

Sat 26 May, 2018 05:13 am
@Real Music,
Plus, Obama told him to stop.
revelette1

Sat 26 May, 2018 07:44 am
@Brand X,
And slapped sanctions on him and closed two estates which were suspected of being used for intelligence gathering.

Obama Strikes Back at Russia for Election Hacking
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 26 May, 2018 08:59 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
When did Government become the Good Guy?

When Obama was elected? It sure seems so.
In the modern mind, the government has played the Good Guy many times. I think most Americans think the government played the Good Guy during WWII, when they instituted Social Security, when they instituted polio vaccine in the schools, when they instituted Medicare, when they came up with all the civil rights legislation that all the "states rights" boys were denying people, when they instituted and updated minimum wage. Contrary to your side's rhetoric, the government is not The Enemy all the time, except when the military is throwing fancy parades to celebrate how great the President is.

Quote Finn:
Quote:
When did the CIA and FBI become the unquestionable Good Guys?

When Trump was elected? It sure seems so.
Most Americans think the FBI and CIA have a legitimate function in keeping the country free from takeover and infiltration from hostile foreign powers. When your soon-to-be national security advisor, (Flynn), is on the phone to the Russian ambassador telling him don't worry, as soon as Trump takes office Trump will get rid of the anti-Russian sanctions that Putin wants removed, that's something for national security agencies to be concerned about. Also, the same national security advisor lying to the FBI.

Also, a different Trumpian national security advisor, (Carter Page), hanging around with a later convicted Russian spy ring for months and continually texting them like they're his best buddies in the world is also a legit concern for national security agencies. And Paul Manafort. And many, MANY more examples of Russian contact on the part of Trump's campaign and Administration appointments.
Real Music

Sat 26 May, 2018 12:39 pm
https://www.askideas.com/media/48/Funny-Donald-Trump-Meme-Wanna-Hear-A-Racist-Joke-Donald-Trump-Image.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 26 May, 2018 01:53 pm
@Blickers,
So when you or your parents or older associates were prtotesting the Vietnam War and the drafts, segregation and Jim Crow, CIA backed coups and asassinations,the abuses of Hoover's FBI etc etc etc you were all saying and thinking "Gee Golly this is wrong but let's not get carried away, because Government is really the Good Guy?" - Yeah right.

I don't know who you think occupies "my side," but I don't see Government as The Enemy (and only a total idiot would do so because of a military parade). It can do good and it can do evil, and the minute we all think it is incapable of the latter and accept bad actions because it serves our silly tribal interests, it will eventually become The Enemy.

Even if we accept all the claims about Trump, Trump Jr, Flynn, Page et al do you really see that as worse than sending 60,000 American kids to their deaths in a war in SE Asia we refused to win? How about 4,500 kids killed, and 31,000 wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan? How about the 43 killed in Somalia, and the 30 killed in Bosnia/Kosovo?

My bet is that you were livid about the the deaths of Americans in wars in which Republican presidents engaged our nation, but when a Dem president was the CIC, not so much.

The CIA and FBI of course have a legitimate function, and the men and women who make up the career rannk and file, overall, perform as heroes, but none of them made the decision to support Central American Death Squads, overthrow democatically elected govermtents in Chile and Iran or spy on attempt to blackmai clivil rights leaders. Those decisions were made like men like James Clapper who lied to Congress about the extent of NSA spying on Americans, John Brennan who lied about spying on the congressional oversight committee charged with wathdogging the CIA and James Comey who is a lying, sanctimonious bag of **** who has only ever cared about his own career and image. You know, the ones who you believe 100% because it suits your tribal interests.

I'm not terribly worried about our government morphing into a tyrannical police state like NK or China, but it isn't because I don't think our political leaders (including political appointees) are all Good Guys, but because I don't believe the men and women in the rank and file of the Millitary, CIA, FBI etc will go along with it.

What I am terribly worried about is how these corrupt individuals can damage our freedom with their sinister scheming. They always rely on Useful Idiots on the Left & the Right. People like you who are willing to turn a blind eye because of some pathetic sense of partisan achievment.

Real Music

Sat 26 May, 2018 02:03 pm
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 26 May, 2018 02:10 pm
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 26 May, 2018 02:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
What I am terribly worried about is how these corrupt individuals can damage our freedom with their sinister scheming. They always rely on Useful Idiots on the Left & the Right. People like you who are willing to turn a blind eye because of some pathetic sense of partisan achievment.

The Left has no respect for our Constitution. The Right used to count on law enforcement at any level. Now it turns out someone abused their power, beyond reason, and tells you it is legal and declines to prove it is anything else than sedition with any sort of evidence. How does that work?
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 26 May, 2018 02:56 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d6/77/03/d677036fc6e2ca091297a9ee7aa4d596.jpg