cicerone imposter

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 06:32 pm
@blatham,
Thank you.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 06:46 pm
@catbeasy,
People go to meetings, and he got there to the hospital soon, re timing.. it's a family story. I have no idea if he knew she was in labor; I highly doubt it, knowing him.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 07:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I don't think you're a good judge of Obama's presidency. His rating is over 50%. It simply means the majority believes he's done a better job than not.

I think we all fall short on judgement calls at times.

Quote:
In a world economy where most countries struggled, the US continued to grow. If you understand macroeconomics, you should understand that Obama did pretty well under the circumstances. Our economy remained the strongest in the world growing to over $18 trillion.

I wonder what percent of this is from the contribution of labor in foreign countries.

How would you judge this short video about Libya?

0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 07:52 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C17rU8UVQAAsR7I.jpg:large
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:20 pm
@tony5732,
But if it is something bad about Clinton, proven or not you and Layman Guey and Mc, im smarter than you, you eat it up. If its about the Donald you just reject it out of hand. At least read it. It came from a british m15 agent.
RABEL222

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:45 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Steve Benen points to the important element of the unverified news of the last 24 hours. It ain't the sex element.

The conservatives dont care because it beat Clinton and got them a republican president and congress, which they refuse to admit to any of this. Deny, deny, deny and in a few months it will go away. They hope.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:55 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

This man is ill. And presently, far far too few conservatives are facing up to how unstable he is and how authoritarian his impulses are. Unless some huge embarrassment or continuing series of them arise that make senior GOP members realize the dangers of continuing to support this guy are, it is going to fall to everyone else to do whatever is possible to limit the near certain damage Trump will wreak.

On the contrary I thought he was cool, decisive and in complete control of himself throughout. I believe you are merely overreacting to his blunt talk and forward, bold manner. OK if that is not your cup of tea, and you don't like it, but it is not at all an indicator of mental derangement or personality disorder. I know and have known several very competent, capabile and highly effective people people with those characteristics who performed very well in positions of great respoinsibility and stress.

I'll agree the contrast with Obama is rather stark, but that says as much about Obama as it does Trump.
layman

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:02 pm
@georgeob1,
If you want to listen to the commie-ass cheese-eaters, then anyone who questions the alarmist claims about climate change is "insane." Of course they are also "criminals" who should be jailed for their beliefs, according to some.

It seems that many are finally wising up, and that all of the glib and specious allegations of mental imbalance, racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. may cease to pay dividends for the sleazy commies. What are they gunna have then? Poor things.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:02 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Perhaps we can dismantle the "dark money" control of our government and our welfare and,

I think not. We blew it in electing tRump as president because we are going to have a republican Supreme Court for the next 20 years. I dont see the electorate waking up until we are a dictatorship.
cicerone imposter

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:33 pm
@RABEL222,
Do you think that a Trump led tyrannical government for 4 years would destroy the Republican Party?
cicerone imposter

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 09:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The problem with Trump is the narcissism which is the core of his character. It has been a feature of his life as a businessman, a celebrity and human being. It appears to blind him to the possibility that he might be wrong. It prevents him from thinking that others might know more about something than he does. It means that he views all events and circumstances for how they impact upon him personally.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I dont know CI. The electorate couldent see through the BS this time so I fear that we may be stuck with him for eight years. A president has to screw up something fierce to lose the presidency. If Bush 43 couldent do it than no one can.
cicerone imposter

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 10:56 pm
@RABEL222,
I was surprised by his win because his personality flaws were well known. I guess from now on, you just need to be a rich, woman grabber by the crotch, racial bigot, scammer to become president of this country.
I wonder how many will qualify in the future.
glitterbag

Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think Trump is the result of a downward rapid coarsening of society. Somewhere along the line we became enamored of crude and loud behavior.....but we like to call it 'assertive' or 'spunky'. I'm not a big fan of traditional soap opera...to me it's just a lot of well dressed, attractive actors portraying people who lead selfish and desperate lives. But, the new realty shows have lowered the bar considerably. Now, TV offers us an opportunity to watch people pretend to be dumb as a box of rocks while they trample on friendships, family and what used to be thought of as responsible lives.
Then Trump comes along with his bullshit show with a bunch of 3rd rate celebrities who compete for Trumps approval in effort to create something creative out of nonsense. It's perfecto, watch Trump furrow his brow, watch Trump look like he's performing some wise business move....utter garbage.

And now we have the biggest celebrity of all time, famous for being a piggish man with no respect for anyone else, the prime character in a dreadful show call an actress getting a lifetime achievement award a greatly over rated actress.....

Now it seems that a man with probably the most stunted vocabulary of any 'public' speaker I've ever seen, a man who is a terrible loser and an even worse winner, a man who never lets go of a slight and makes it his mission to ruin others has just been catapulted into the highest office in the land.

Less than half of the American people think this man of limited ability will be the best thing to come along and he will make America great. I hope he can do a lot better than i think he can. I can abide being the laughing stock of the world, but i cannot abide our enemies planning to divvy up our country because they suspect we elected an imbecile with delusions of world dominance,
Builder

Thu 12 Jan, 2017 01:40 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I think Trump is the result of a downward rapid coarsening of society.

The crap education system, and even crapper water supply, coupled with widespread drug dependency, can't possibly be the problem.

Quote:
Somewhere along the line we became enamored of crude and loud behavior.....but we like to call it 'assertive' or 'spunky'.

Really? Americans?

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of traditional soap opera...to me it's just a lot of well dressed, attractive actors portraying people who lead selfish and desperate lives.

And politics is just acting for ugly people. Right?

Quote:
Then Trump comes along with his bullshit show with a bunch of 3rd rate celebrities who compete for Trumps approval in effort to create something creative out of nonsense. It's perfecto, watch Trump furrow his brow, watch Trump look like he's performing some wise business move....utter garbage.

The DNC is reponsible for Trump. Who ya gonna call now? The Ghostbusters?

Quote:
And now we have the biggest celebrity of all time, famous for being a piggish man with no respect for anyone else....

He's a running joke. Never was a celebrity, and never will be. Where was your head when you typed that tripe?

Quote:
Now it seems that a man with probably the most stunted vocabulary of any 'public' speaker I've ever seen,

Make up your mind, GB. He can't be the this and that. Geebus. Your fan base is not that clever either.
blatham

Thu 12 Jan, 2017 04:14 am
Another WTF? anecdote:

Yesterday my twin brother bumped into a teacher who'd worked in his school who had just returned from a holiday in Mexico where she'd met a lady from Arkansas. Out of curiosity, the teacher asked the lady what she thought of the recent election. The lady said she was delighted and was excited about some news that was about to be revealed - that Obama was gay, Michelle was trans-gender and the kids adopted.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 12 Jan, 2017 04:42 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I believe you are merely overreacting to his blunt talk and forward, bold manner.

What you call his style of "blunt talk and forward, bold manner" - the way in which he presents himself and speaks of others, his grandiosity and self-promotion, his constant disregard for the truth, his punitive and vengeful tendencies, and his petulance - have their real comparison in individuals like Mussolini or Duarte or Stalin or Putin or Hitler.

Not Lincoln. Not Eisenhower. Not MLK. Not Reagan. Certainly not Pope Francis.
Frugal1

Thu 12 Jan, 2017 06:40 am
@blatham,
Quote:
the way in which he presents himself and speaks of others, his grandiosity and self-promotion, his constant disregard for the truth, his punitive and vengeful tendencies, and his petulance - have their real comparison in individuals like Mussolini or Duarte or Stalin or Putin or Hitler.

You know 0bama well.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 12 Jan, 2017 06:47 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

But if it is something bad about Clinton, proven or not you and Layman Guey and Mc, im smarter than you, you eat it up. If its about the Donald you just reject it out of hand. At least read it. It came from a british m15 agent.

LOL hahahaha...Don't you and CNN feel STUPID!
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 12 Jan, 2017 06:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Do you think that a Trump led tyrannical government for 4 years would destroy the Republican Party?

Wrong question. The right question is did 8 years of Obama destroy the Democratic Party?

Answer: You bet your ass!
0 Replies