monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Baldimo

Fri 18 May, 2018 12:18 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
You have a short memory-or maybe your right wing sources instructed you to not remember. When the Monica story first broke you could not turn on CNN for two months and go 5 minutes without hearing about Monica. Even when they had nothing new to report they kept talking about it.

I remember quite clearly, the difference is Clinton was in the WH at the time and Trump was a private citizen. I know it is hard for you to separate those facts, but those are the facts.

Quote:
As for Avenatti, why the hell sh0uldn't he talk about it? He's being paid to represent her-and boy is he ever kicking ass.

It's sad the the MSM has taken it to such a level. If Trump had been in the WH like Clinton, I would agree with you, but he was a private citizen and not a sitting politician. It's apples and oranges.
Baldimo

Fri 18 May, 2018 12:19 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
I love how you keep dodging the fact that Trump has filled his campaign and Administration with a pack of Putin-loving turncoats who keep meeting secretly with Kremlin officials and Kremlin-connected oligarchs and lying about it to the FBI and the Senate.

Trump derangement syndrome at it's best. I guess we will have to wait for the Investigation to be completed.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 18 May, 2018 12:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
It's sad the the MSM has taken it to such a level. If Trump had been in the WH like Clinton, I would agree with you, but he was a private citizen and not a sitting politician. It's apples and oranges.

Nope, it's apples and apples. Though the sex happened in 2006, the payoff by Cohen to shut up about the sex happened a few weeks before the election. By the president's own account on TV while on Air Force One, he said he didn't know anything about the payoff. That means the payoff to shut up about the sex might well constitute a campaign contribution of $130,000 which was not reported as such. Possibly illegal.

To add to the mix, Cohen created a shell company specifically to give the hush money to Stormy Daniels. In a few weeks, right after the election, a Kremlin-connected Russian oligarch deposited $500,000 in that same shell company. This would give the appearance that the hush money to Stormy was not only possibly an unreported campaign contribution, it was a campaign contribution originally fronted by Cohen but soon repaid to Cohen by a Russian. Which means a campaign contribution by a Russian national. Extremely illegal. Mueller has no choice but to get on this one fast.
Baldimo

Fri 18 May, 2018 12:50 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Nope, it's apples and apples. Though the sex happened in 2006, the payoff by Cohen to shut up about the sex happened a few weeks before the election.

Private citizen vs elected political figure... not apples to apples. Until they win the election they are still not elected politicians.

Quote:
By the president's own account on TV while on Air Force One, he said he didn't know anything about the payoff. That means the payoff to shut up about the sex might well constitute a campaign contribution of $130,000 which was not reported as such. Possibly illegal.

It was an NDA, stop reaching.

Quote:
To add to the mix, Cohen created a shell company specifically to give the hush money to Stormy Daniels. In a few weeks, right after the election, a Kremlin-connected Russian oligarch deposited $500,000 in that same shell company. This would give the appearance that the hush money to Stormy was not only possibly an unreported campaign contribution, it was a campaign contribution by a Russian. Extremely illegal. Mueller has no choice but to get on this one fast.

Yeah yeah yeah. You consider him taking a dump on the campaign trail and getting free toilet paper as a campaign contribution. I can't wait until this whole thing falls a part for the farce that it is.

revelette1

Fri 18 May, 2018 12:51 pm
@Blickers,
Talking about what ifs, what if it were Hillary in connection with everything coming to light concerning Trump/Russians/payoff/Trump tower meetings/ wanting to setup back channels to Russia...I mean these are real things, not fantasy conspiracy theories put out by whack jobs. How Giuliani can say there is nothing there is beyond me. I doubt Trump was the mastermind behind any of it, he might not have known about all of it, but he was/is the boss man in charge and the buck stops with him as they say.
Baldimo

Fri 18 May, 2018 01:04 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Talking about what ifs, what if it were Hillary in connection with everything coming to light concerning Trump/Russians/payoff/Trump tower meetings/ wanting to setup back channels to Russia...I mean these are real things, not fantasy conspiracy theories put out by whack jobs. How Giuliani can say there is nothing there is beyond me. I doubt Trump was the mastermind behind any of it, he might not have known about all of it, but he was/is the boss man in charge and the buck stops with him as they say.

If Hillary won, there would have been no investigation started by the Obama administration or their carry overs.

This whole Russia BS would have been laid at the foot of whoever beat Hillary, the DNC the MSM and Hollywood had a lot invested in her win and when she lost they couldn't figure it out. She was a bad candidate, plain and simple.
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 18 May, 2018 01:44 pm
Quote:
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
Did you know that Stormy Daniels lawyer spent 59 out of 60 days on CNN talking about an affair that happened before Trump was President. They never would have spent that much time talking to Monica Lewinsky when she was banging Bill in the Oval Office.
Quote Blickers:
You have a short memory-or maybe your right wing sources instructed you to not remember. When the Monica story first broke you could not turn on CNN for two months and go 5 minutes without hearing about Monica. Even when they had nothing new to report they kept talking about it.

It isn't really fair to compare the MSM with MSM now, but the MSM went for a good while without saying Monica's name. It was liberal talk show host Tom Leykis that first put her name out on the airwaves, because he was a big Clinton supporter and didn't believe the story was true. He thought he was outing Monica as a liar, and maybe a part of a rightwing ploy. I happened to be listening to his show when he did it, something I'll always remember.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 18 May, 2018 02:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
Yeah yeah yeah. You consider him taking a dump on the campaign trail and getting free toilet paper as a campaign contribution.
I can assure you, Mueller has no intention of investigating Trump's dumps unless Cohen or somebody paid off the other person in the room at the time to shut up about them on the eve of the election and did not report it as a campaign contribution. By now, everyone is well familiar with Trump's proclivity to mix together activities generally done in the bedroom and activities generally done in the bathroom. Unless campaign finance law or other item within the Special Counsel's mandate is involved, Mueller couldn't care less.
Baldimo

Fri 18 May, 2018 02:38 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
By now, everyone is well familiar with Trump's proclivity to mix together activities generally done in the bedroom and activities generally done in the bathroom.

This, is why people laugh at this investigation. You are still running with the pee story...
Below viewing threshold (view)
Blickers

Fri 18 May, 2018 02:48 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
This, is why people laugh at this investigation. You are still running with the pee story...

People aren't laughing at the investigation. They are laughing at Trump. And the "pee story" comes from a source that, while the author has admitted it was a "rough draft" that might contain errors, has yet to be proven wrong. Everything that has been capable of being checked out in the Steele dossier has been proven correct. While there is much in it that has not been able to be checked out yet-it did happen in Russia, after all-nothing has been checked out and found to be wrong.
Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Fri 18 May, 2018 03:16 pm
@Baldimo,
I only see the Hanity types laughing at the investigation. Most people want the investigation to continue. In fact, so did Trump (publicly) until just a couple weeks ago.
Baldimo

Fri 18 May, 2018 04:56 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
People aren't laughing at the investigation. They are laughing at Trump. And the "pee story" comes from a source that, while the author has admitted it was a "rough draft" that might contain errors, has yet to be proven wrong. Everything that has been capable of being checked out in the Steele dossier has been proven correct. While there is much in it that has not been able to be checked out yet-it did happen in Russia, after all-nothing has been checked out and found to be wrong.

You can't be serious?

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-dossier-one-year-later-what-we-know-777116
This is the latest article I can find on anything that is verified and or unproven. It seems like the things you want to be true haven't been proven and the things that have been verified are not related to the Trump Campaign but Russia alone.

Keep pushing that pee story though, it does give me a good laugh.

Baldimo

Fri 18 May, 2018 05:06 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I only see the Hanity types laughing at the investigation. Most people want the investigation to continue. In fact, so did Trump (publicly) until just a couple weeks ago.

There are more than the Hanity types though and I don't think as many people think the investigation is going to lead to impeachment. There are way to many issues with the whole thing from start to finish, it's primarily been a way for the left to keep Trump from doing anything, it's clear it was a scam from the start.
coldjoint

Fri 18 May, 2018 05:23 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
keep Trump from doing anything,

Trump has gotten a lot done. It has been a wicked fail for the Left(Progressives, Communists, Islamists).
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 18 May, 2018 11:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
You can't be serious?

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-dossier-one-year-later-what-we-know-777116
This is the latest article I can find on anything that is verified and or unproven. It seems like the things you want to be true haven't been proven and the things that have been verified are not related to the Trump Campaign but Russia alone.

Keep pushing that pee story though, it does give me a good laugh.

Your article simply backs up what I said before-everything in the Steele dossier that can be checked out has been proven true. Some things have not been checked out yet, because of the difficulties in checking things that happened in Russia, but nothing in the dossier has been checked out and found to be untrue. This, despite the fact that Steele himself said the dossier was a "rough draft" and might actually contain inaccuracies. After all this time and checking, no inaccuracies have emerged.

Given this fact, it's a better bet that the account of the young teenage hookers in the hotel room with Trump is true than betting it's not. Trump's denials cannot be taken seriously in light of his changing positions on so many things almost daily. While the "pee story" has not been independently verified, nothing in Steel's dossier has been proven to be untrue. Then there is the small matter of Trump in the past going beyond limits with young girls even publicly, as evidenced by his walking in on young contestants in his junior beauty pageants unannounced while they are dressing and proclaiming that he had the right to do it as owner of the pageant. So he's made it be known he's turned that way.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 19 May, 2018 12:12 am
I think it's time we start to understand that this investigation might not have anything to do with wrong doing by Trump, it might be an investigation about foreign entities or corrupt individuals attempting to shatter our democracy or subvert our government. Trump could come out of this smelling like a Rose. This investigation could prevent assignation attempts, or attacks on us or our allies. That's the nature of intelligence work. It might be difficult for Trumps ego, he has been paying hush money to women to shut them up......I don't care about his affairs....that's Melania's problem.

Everybody seems to forget that the FBI vets everyone nominated for cabinet positions, sensitive positions in the White House and virtually everyone who holds a security clearance. During my entire time with DOD I was subject to polygraphs, security clearance reinvestigations and later I had to submit yearly financials disclosure forms. I've been retired now for a few years but my husband still works for the Agency and I still have to submit all my financial information when he makes submits his disclosure forms. That means I have to declare my jewelry, my stocks, my flatware and any cars or boats or property I own. Well I don't own any boats so that's easy.

To me, scrutiny by the FBI is a normal part of federal intelligence employment. If you don't want to have your life under a microscope maybe government service isn't for you. But you can still be elected to Congress or the Senate and avoid scrutiny (unless you are on one the foreign intelligence committees)

0 Replies

blatham

Sat 19 May, 2018 03:29 am
https://dawm7kda6y2v0.cloudfront.net/uploads/2018/05/probe-600x500@2x.png
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 19 May, 2018 05:20 am
Quote:
China has for the first time landed bombers on disputed territory in the South China Sea, its air force said, prompting fresh US warnings that it is destabilising the region.

The long-range H-6K bomber was among those which took part in drills on islands and reefs to improve China's ability to "reach all territory".

The sea, a key trade route, is subject to overlapping claims by six countries.

China has been accused of militarising the sea to support its vast claims.

The latest move could provoke new tension in the region.

Beijing's defence ministry did not specify where the bombers landed but said the training involved simulated strikes against sea targets.

An H-6K pilot, Ge Daqing, was quoted in a statement as saying that the training "sharpens our courage and enhances our capabilities in a real war".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-44180773

That tough talk by Trump really is paying dividends.
0 Replies