monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:33 am
@maporsche,
Sounds sort of like Bookstores like Books-a-million. They have little couches and chairs in little nooks set up everywhere. Conceivably you could sit and read a whole book in there. I've never tried it, don't have one in my area but went to Evansville and stopped in there. I liked the atmosphere.
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:34 am
@blatham,
I know you are 100% correct, I am just saying what I would rather not go through again. The last election still lingers, it was brutal.
blatham

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Lovely to read your account of events/persons without offering up the source of your information. Also lovely to see your speedy digestion of some sizzling hot and tasty right wing nomenclature ("social justice warrior")
coldjoint

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:37 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'll ask you this question next time something comes up in the Mueller investigation or any future legal issue you choose to opine on.

Did I ever say I was a legal expert? This witness is the judge and jury?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:42 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I picked that issue up on my way to meet blatham, lola, walter, noddy, kickycan and others in nyc
Delightful meetup. Actually, georgeob was going to attend as well but decided he didn't have the time to get from where he was to our place.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:48 am
@revelette1,
Understood
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 11:51 am
Here's a perfect example of why I despise Rubio
Quote:
After Donald Trump nominated Jim Bridenstine to lead NASA, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) had the right instincts and opposed the nomination. Bridenstine was obviously unqualified, and the Republican senator said it “could be devastating for the space program” if the far-right Oklahoma congressman led the agency.

And then Rubio changed his mind and helped confirm Bridenstine to the post. Yesterday on the Senate floor, he explained why.

Quote:
“My view of it is … that we give great deference to the president on choosing qualifications. It is my view that, the more important the job, the more discretion the president deserves.”

This is a terrible argument. The more important a position, the more the Senate should rubber-stamp a president’s nominee? The significance of the Senate’s advise-and-consent role is diminished when members are considering nominees of great import? All of this seems entirely backwards.

In fact, at a certain level, Rubio knows how absurd this is – because he made the opposite argument last year:

Quote:
“My view is that the president deserves wide latitude in their nominations, but the more important the position is, the less latitude they have.”

Complicating matters, of course, is the fact that Rubio reflexively opposed many of Barack Obama’s nominees for cabinet and other high-ranking posts – even when the Floridian knew they’d be confirmed anyway – because he had no interest in presidential “deference” or “discretion.”
Benen
coldjoint

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 01:22 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

Why such vitriol all the time? Who wants to listen to someone like you, I don't, and can't fathom why anyone would want to. Why do we have to HATE political opponents? It is about time you answered.
maporsche

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 01:56 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Why such vitriol all the time? Who wants to listen to someone like you, I don't, and can't fathom why anyone would want to. Why do we have to HATE political opponents? It is about time you answered.

Do you entertain that idea that people enjoy reading your posts? I can't fathom why anyone would want to. It's about time you answered.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:01 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Do you entertain that idea that people enjoy reading your posts? I can't fathom why anyone would want to. It's about time you answered.

I do answer, he does not. Have you called him on his obvious hatred? He has wished a number of people dead.(hate)

As far as people enjoying my posts I don't wish people dead, maybe that is what they want to see? Blatham seems popular.
oralloy

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:11 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Do you entertain that idea that people enjoy reading your posts? I can't fathom why anyone would want to.

I enjoy reading Coldjoint's posts.

I tend to follow threads and not posters, so if he posts in a thread that I'm not reading, I probably won't see it.

But I enjoy his posts in those threads that I do read.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:12 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Blatham seems popular.

Not with me. I prefer more thinking and less namecalling.
farmerman

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:18 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I prefer more thinking and less namecalling
see how smarmy the passive aggressivists sound here?
"I dont believe in namecalling like these non thinkers" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
coldjoint

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:20 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I prefer more thinking and less namecalling.

He just cuts and pastes articles he probably doesn't even read. But that does not stop him from insulting or hating anyone with a different view, It speaks very loudly to the progressive intolerance demonstrated here and in all media.
oralloy

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
see how smarmy the passive aggressivists sound here?
"I dont believe in namecalling like these non thinkers" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I just prefer informed civil debate over the namecalling and the "Look everyone! I thinks what that guy thinks!" that a certain other poster offers.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
"I dont believe in namecalling like these non thinkers"

You realize that makes you a non-thinker. No worries there. Laughing
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:42 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
He can't do it and starts floundering badly, and then he really resorts to namecalling.

He has yet to reply to me. Granted, he could have me on ignore, but I think the reason is more in line with your evaluation that he actually knows very little about politics. Maybe jumping up and down with poms poms while spewing hate is just his style.
oralloy

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:58 pm
@coldjoint,
It is indeed his style. I prefer posters who do more thinking and less namecalling.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 20 Apr, 2018 04:18 pm
@blatham,
If I could provide the source I would.

Unfortunately, I don't bookmark everything I read online or seek transcriptions of everything I hear on the radio and TV. If you do, well that's just what makes you so special.

As for your last comment, it's infantile.