monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 02:30 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I’m actively helping progressive Democrats get elected.

Cut that out. Very Happy
Lash

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 02:34 pm
@coldjoint,
Don’t lose too much sleep. It’s an uphill slog. The Dems are fighting us harder than you are.

0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 02:48 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I’m actively helping progressive Democrats get elected.

Great!!! (are you sure you're doing this? cause you seem to be doing the opposite, looking to depress left leaning voters which will keep them from the polls)

What about the ones that agree with you on like 85% of the issues but don't meet your "purity standard" (which, I'll point out, you don't even meet for most progressives...you know with your anti-union and pro-gun views).

Guys like Conner Lamb (whom you praised not to long ago) are democrats who agree with you less than Hillary does.
Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 02:55 pm
@Lash,
No longer....as of like the last 7 months?

Your views change a lot...did you know?
blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 02:58 pm
@ehBeth,
Holy poop! Double digits even. And it would be sooooo nice to see Blackburn return to the loving bosom of her family (though they too may not want her)

If these trends continue...
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Does he not know that "trade wars are easy to win"?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:11 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:

That means she listens, and reads. I see nothing wrong with that.
blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for the link, Walter. He is not very bright, is he?
Quote:
So, the promos are effective marketing tools, according to Smith, but that does not make them journalistically sound. This is a point that makes Sinclair appear more invested in public relations than reporting.

Winner of today's No ****, Sherlock! award.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:14 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

That means she listens, and reads. I see nothing wrong with that.

It doesn't necessarily mean that. If that change happens honestly and through careful examination and thought then I can't see anything wrong it either (I find it funny though that in her mind politicians, like Clinton, aren't allowed to change their minds on things they said 30 years earlier though).

Her views seem to change to fit whatever particular argument she seems to be trying to win at the time.
coldjoint

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:17 pm
@maporsche,

Quote:
Her views seem to change to fit whatever particular argument she seems to be trying to win at the time.

I will leave it up to Lash to ask you for an example.
maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:21 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm not going to waste my time proving what is obvious to others.

Although I did post a thread that suggested (if not outright proved) that Lash was against unions just as of last September during a different argument.

Now, in this argument she's just peachy with them. As if she just now discovered that larger companies sometimes treat their employees like crap and underpay them. Although, so far, she thinks it's just companies that have left-leaning owners...and just the ones that Trump tweets about.
maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:23 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I’m no longer anti-union in the face of neoliberal **** like Bezos and other oligarchs are perpetrating on our society.

I support common sense gun laws, do ONCE AGAIN, you lie about my views.

You didn't comment on the rest of my post, I wonder if you would.

Also, I didn't say you were anti-common-sense gun laws. I said you had pro-gun views, which is true. Definitely more pro-gun than Sanders, the majority of Democrats, and of course progressives.

Sanders on an assault weapons ban (he's for it)
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-guns_us_5a89ad60e4b004fc31934edb

The website Progressive.org is also for an assault weapons ban.
http://progressive.org/op-eds/lets-ban-assault-weapons-altogether-180308/

Kamala Harris is for an AWB.
JILL STEIN is for an AWB.

So please, you weirdo, tell me how I just lied about your viewpoint on guns.
blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:24 pm
I love this man. He's really the perfect example of a dedicated and selfless representative of the people.
Quote:
Several weeks after taking the helm of the Environmental Protection Agency, Administrator Scott Pruitt was running late and stuck in Washington, D.C., traffic. Sources tell CBS News that he wanted to use his vehicle's lights and sirens to get to his official appointment, but the lead agent in charge of his security detail advised him that sirens were to be used only in emergencies.

Less than two weeks later that agent was removed from Pruitt's detail, reassigned to a new job within the EPA.
CBS
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:31 pm
Only The Best People - Episode 372
Quote:
InsideEPA, an EPA trade sheet, reports that Scott Pruitt’s downfall is the work of disgraced former White House aide Rob Porter, who leaked damaging information about Pruitt to retaliate against a former girlfriend who told White House officials about Porter’s history of domestic violence.

As was basically reported at the time, Porter’s downfall seems to have started when a former girlfriend, Samantha Dravis, went to White House officials and told them what she knew about Porter’s past, particularly his abuse of two ex-wives. Dravis was a top aide to Scott Pruitt, the EPA Administrator.

It was never explicitly clear whether Porter had also abused Dravis. But she seems to have been a key reason why his past came to light. InsideEPA is reporting that in retaliation, Porter started leaking information about her boss, Pruitt. From the article: “Rob Porter, a top former aide to President Donald Trump who was fired earlier this year over domestic abuse allegations, is reportedly a source of information about EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt’s ethical transgressions that are threatening his future at the agency, after Porter’s relationship with a top former Pruitt aide soured, sources say.”

Dravis’s resignation was announced earlier today.
TPM
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:34 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time proving what is obvious to others.

I am not going to waste my time listening to someone who speaks for others unless you wish to confirm that "group think" is a better word for it, which would enable you to do that.
maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:44 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm not asking you to listen to me. Do whatever you want.

But if you read the rest of my post (the part you didn't quote), I laid out an example of my point.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 03:56 pm
Only The Best Supporters - Episode 1,358
Quote:
Trump Devotee Charged With Terrorist Plot Texted Undercover FBI Agent About Muslim 'Cleanse'
Patrick Stein, a Kansas militiaman whom the feds say planned to slaughter Somali refugees, opened up to a man he thought was an arms dealer.
HP
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 04:19 pm
@ehBeth
Great piece by Charles Pierce on Marsha Blackburn and the poll you noted
Quote:
...There is a real problem in sharp relief here. Bredesen is a former mayor and governor and a fairly standard Democratic candidate. Blackburn is a Tea Party loon and she is the most likely nominee the Tennessee Republican Party could find to hold onto a seat to which Corker was first elected in 2006. This has the potential of turning the Republican side of an important campaign into a real carnival. Blackburn launched her campaign with an announcement video that was so nutty on the phony issue of the sale of "baby parts" that Twitter 86’d it almost immediately. This allowed Blackburn to bleat—on Twitter, natch—about how the liberals who run “Silicon Valley” were out to squash her proud conservatism.
Esq
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 04:23 pm
Only The Best Political Advisors - Episode 666
Quote:
In a bizarre series of events, a high-profile political adviser from Nevada, who has worked on prominent Republican congressional and presidential campaigns, is being sought by police for domestic violence and for allegedly making his ex-fiancee his “slave,” The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

According to police reports and an interview with the ex-fiancee, who the Review-Journal did not name, the Republican consultant Benjamin Sparks evaded police after they were called to his residence on March 29 following a domestic dispute. The fight allegedly started because Sparks’ ex-fiancee, a 46-year-old woman, refused to comply with his demand that she have sex with other men in front of him, the ex-fiancee told the Review-Journal.

Sparks — a 35-year-old who worked on Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential bid and has coordinated campaigns for Rep. Cresent Hardy (R-NV) and State Rep. Yvette Herrell (R-NM) — was fired as political affairs director for RedRock Strategies over the dispute with his ex-fiancee and reportedly fled to Texas in recent days without any of his belongings.
TPM
0 Replies