monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:07 am
@maporsche,
That fits the bill and is pretty much exactly what one would guess to be her political stance on unionism. An investigation of her family tree might well place her as a tenth cousin of Bernie Sanders while being a first cousin of Scott Walker.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:17 am
@ehBeth,
Some of it I understand, I mean we all discuss the news of the day to a degree, but these posters take it to a whole new level.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:17 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Quote:
maporsche wrote:
You’ve got to see that this is happening, where were your posts on amazon 3+ weeks ago?
You’re being played

this is totally on point

She/they are being played. Unfortunately, they are being played very effectively. We likely have to consider these people a lost cause.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:24 am
When you see a tanker truck with a big sign on the tank, "Honest Don's Drainage" pulling up to a swamp, then unrolling a 24" hose and dropping it into the swamp, and then unloading all the stinking-like-goose-**** contents of the tank into the swamp.
Quote:
Rex Tillerson's $12 million army of consultants
The cost-cutting former Secretary of State had grand ambitions for a department ‘redesign,’ but its clearest impact is a huge bill for consultants, some of whom charged more than $300 an hour.
Politico
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:29 am
This is a must read.
Quote:
How Bill O’Reilly Silenced His Accusers

Settlement agreements between Bill O’Reilly and two of his accusers — made public for the first time on Wednesday — filled in previously unknown details about tactics employed by the former Fox News host to silence women who came forward with sexual harassment allegations against him.

The documents show that two women who reached settlements, Andrea Mackris and Rebecca Gomez Diamond, were required to turn over all evidence, including audio recordings and diaries, to Mr. O’Reilly. In addition, Ms. Mackris was required to disclaim the materials “as counterfeit and forgeries” if they ever became public.
NYT
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:40 am
This story was covered in our local press here two days ago. It is guaranteed hilarious, I swear.
For the mess he and a flock of seagulls left behind years ago, a man begs forgiveness
blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:55 am
Lying through her toothies. Nothing new for this lady.
Quote:
At the same White House briefing, the cabinet secretary was asked why the administration is dispatching National Guard troops to the border now, since there's no obvious need. It led to this exchange:

Quote:
Q: I was wondering, I'm not sure I understand what the urgency for this is. It seemed like it ramped up, you know, just over the last several days and since the weekend, in fact. The House is not here; the Senate is not here. Why is this such an urgent priority right now for the President to sign?

NIELSEN: I think, you know, what I would say is that the numbers continue to increase. April, traditionally, is a month in which we see more folks crossing the border without a legal right to do so. So partly it's modeling, partly it's anticipating.

The Washington Post reported soon after, "April is generally when illegal border crossings start to decline, according to data from Nielsen's own department."
Benen
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 08:59 am
Absolutely the perfect analogy for a GOP candidate to use when talking about following Trump into battle
Quote:
Rep. Kevin Cramer (R), who's taking on Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D), went a little further, telling a conservative radio host this week that he sees voting against Trump's wishes as being comparable to adultery. CNN reported yesterday:

Quote:
"Here's the good news about Donald Trump: Most of the time, he's for North Dakota, and that's my point where I've heard her say, 'Gee, I voted with him 55% of the time,'" Cramer said.

"Can you imagine going home and telling your wife, 'I've been faithful to you 55% of the time'?"
Benen
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:00 am
@maporsche,
I don’t enjoy Roseanne.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:03 am
@Real Music,
You’re correct on 1-3, incorrect on 4 and 5.
revelette1

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:04 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Authoritarianism isn’t on our doorstep. It’s in the foyer, making its way toward the living room.

Quote:
Sinclair broadcasts must-run segment praising Trump’s tariffs

The segment features former Trump adviser Boris Epshteyn reciting the president's talking points about the impending trade war.

Sinclair-owned news stations promoted a pre-taped segment praising President Trump’s decision to impose tariffs on foreign nations this week, amid controversy over a leaked “must-run” script.

The canned clip, a recurring “commentary” segment called “Bottom Line with Boris,” features former Trump campaign adviser Boris Epshteyn delivering administration-friendly talking points on the president’s proposed tariffs, which target countries like China.

“The newly negotiated trade deal between the United States and South Korea shows the new tariffs on steel and aluminum, which went into effect last week, are already paying dividends,” Epshteyn said, citing a March 25 pact between the two countries that forces South Korea to slash its steel exports to the United States by 30 percent, while exempting it from a regular 25 percent tariff.

“Here’s the bottom line,” he said. “This new deal with South Korea is a win for American businesses and our economy. Instead of causing trade wars, as critics have feared, the new tariffs…are pushing our trading partners to engage in fair trade with the United States.”

The canned segment was aired on multiple other Sinclair-owned stations this week, often during regular daytime news programming, and is one of several “must-runs” that Sinclair distributes to its stations on a regular basis. Other “must-run” segments include the previously recurring “Behind the Headlines” with Mark Hyman, Sinclair’s vice president for corporate relations, and a must-run segment produced by former RT correspondent Kristine Frazao, which features former Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka pushing a conspiracy theory about the so-called “Deep State,” an unelected group of government officials who are supposedly manipulating administration policy.

More at TP
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:08 am
Personally, I just love the religious right in America all to pieces
Quote:
On yesterday’s episode of “The Jim Bakker Show,” POTUS Shield founder Frank Amedia claimed that he was told by God that President Trump would fill the Supreme Court and the federal judiciary with judges “who have my heart and my mind” and will strike down legal abortion and marriage equality.

After Bakker warned that Christians in America are locked in spiritual warfare against forces that hate God and “are trying to make crosses illegal in this country,” Amedia recounted how, on election night in 2016, he allegedly received a clear vision from God that “came as if it was a painting” in which he was shown the hand of God sweeping the pillars of the Supreme Court to symbolize the change that President Trump will have on the federal
judiciary.
RWW

Isn't that just special.
revelette1

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:09 am
@blatham,
Very Happy
maporsche

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:14 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You’re correct on 1-3, incorrect on 4 and 5.

I read his post and immediately thought, "How could he have possibly formed that opinion based on an objective reading of Lash's comments?"

Oh wait...that's not right.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:14 am
@revelette1,
Yes.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:15 am
@blatham,
As though God would use a serial adulterer, groper, racist lying liar as a John the Baptist just for the US government. The blasphemous arrogance of some of these people just turns my stomach.
blatham

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 09:32 am
@revelette1,
Yeah. There are versions of every faith that attract the most despicable people.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 10:06 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
As though God would use

You are going out on a limb saying what God would or wouldn't do. And the word blasphemous on top of it, c'mon.
revelette1

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 10:23 am
@coldjoint,
Not really, Hebrews says that Jesus fulfilled the prophets, there are no more prophets so his words are blasphemous, in my opinion of which I am certainly entitled.
coldjoint

Thu 5 Apr, 2018 10:30 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
in my opinion of which I am certainly entitled.

Have I ever said you were not?
0 Replies