monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:36 pm
@revelette1,
What's depressing is how well that propaganda campaign worked on many. A fundamental cause for that, without doubt, is that far to high a proportion of people on the left have not really bothered to study modern American conservatism and so have not recognized the profound danger this movement presents. One hopes this four year period we're enduring now will clue them in. But I'm not confident it will. I think our best hope lies elsewhere - with women and with the young.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:39 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
They understood that this is simply the price of their freedom. It's a high price indeed but one that all families should be prepared to pay.

God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe said, "God, you must be putting me on"

But in fact, I think it's a safe bet that family wishes with all its heart that there had never been guns in the house. The disgusting jackasses who talk about sacrifice are presuming it will be other people's kids.
blatham

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:43 pm
@ehBeth,
He seems a rather splendid fellow.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:44 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Power grab?

What power has been grabbed exactly?

You've accomplished nothing except your private goal of getting a Trump presidency.

When you swagger around, lying about me—that is personal—and you can expect similar treatment.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/29597950_10216548813181625_6763612778615687031_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=4e7893b0edfab7acdc989d3ec0e02ce2&oe=5B373C13
blatham

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:52 pm
Quote:
Trump: 'Everyone' Agrees 'Nobody's Been Tougher On Russia Than I Have'
TPM

If Americans on the right (or anywhere) continue to excuse such constant, flagrant dishonesty then they have fully opened the door to America as banana republic.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:56 pm
Another mass shooting today at youtube headquarters in California. Because America is the shining city on the hill.
Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:58 pm
@Lash,
It’s not a lie if you’re actively trying to get people to not support Democratic candidates, trying to suppress excitement about democratic candidates, giving Trump effusive credit for things that haven’t happened yet, sewing discontent among the left side of the political spectrum while at the same time posting things to help support and unify the republicans, and worst of all, promoting a third party voting effort to split the left and all but ENSURE republicans winning if effective.

Almost everything you’re actively doing is in support of the Trump administration or Republicans. You’re helping them achieve their goals and in fact, following their playbook.

It’s not libelous if it is true.
Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 05:00 pm
@maporsche,
I support the progressive democrats who are winning. You lie routinely.
maporsche

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 05:04 pm
@Lash,
If I were inclined, I could post an example for everything I’ve said there.

Maybe you don’t know the meaning of the word “lie”.
Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:25 pm
@maporsche,
You lie constantly. That's just who you are.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:32 pm
@Lash,
Some progressive on Twitter:

Democrats, say it with me: "Amazon is massive corporation that doesn't pay taxes, exploits public infrastructure, gains unfair competitive advantages, and treats their workers like absolute ****. Oh, and they're owned by a heavily-connected US oligarch."

Don't defend it.
Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:37 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ52HwrX0AEcnq1?format=jpg
Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:38 pm
Republicans stab you in the front. At least you can see them coming...
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 08:40 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Democrats

They will suck up to anyone with money.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 4 Apr, 2018 02:42 am
@Lash,
1) Actively trying to depress democratic voters by discouraging them and thus increasing the likelihood of them not turning out.

You’ve now made three posts like this.

We’re you on Trumps social media team during the campaign? You’re following their playbook.

You can’t call me a liar and then 2-3 posts later prove me right. Hats not how this works in honest people’s minds.
izzythepush

Wed 4 Apr, 2018 02:58 am
@maporsche,
I don't think anyone seriously believes Lash is progressive. She's too heavily invested in the lie to back down now. All her supporters, with the possible exception of Edgar, are far right extremists.

She may even have fallen into the trap of believing her own bs, but it's still bs.

If Sanders got in she'd be slagging him off before he was even sworn in for not living up to her deliberately unrealistic expectations.

Lash

Wed 4 Apr, 2018 03:28 am
@maporsche,
I'm actively promoting progressive democrats, and pointing out that establishment democrats are pushing heinous corporate policies.

You get a kick from lying about me, so I get a kick out of pointing out that you're a liar.

I guess it's easier for tribalists if all the tribes has different names, but the names aren't at issue--what individuals actually DO is at issue. There are two VERY DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT groups of people in the Democrat tribe right now.

I'm enthusiastically supporting one, and I really hate the other.

No matter what you say.
0 Replies