monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 11:32 am
@Lash,
Quote:
You people have completely lost your way.

You just noticed that? Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 11:59 am
Lawyer linked to former Trump aide gets 30 days in prison, $20,000 fine
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Dutch son-in-law of one of Russia’s richest men was sentenced on Tuesday to 30 days in prison and fined $20,000 for lying to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigators about contacts with an official in President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign.

Alex van der Zwaan, a lawyer who once worked closely with Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, was also sentenced to two months of supervised release by U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson. He told the court he was sorry for what he did.

He pleaded guilty on Feb. 20 as Mueller intensified his investigation into potential collusion between Trump’s presidential campaign and Russia. It marked the first sentencing of anyone in Mueller’s ongoing probe.

In pleading guilty, he admitted he lied to FBI agents about previous communications with Rick Gates, a Manafort protege who held a senior position in the Trump campaign, and that he also withheld and deleted emails.
... ... ...
Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 01:40 pm
Quote:

.@evanasmith "Are you running against Cruz or are you running against Trump?"

@BetoORourke "Neither. I'm not running against anybody. That's not what energizes me. That's not what gets me going ... Being against is not a strategy."
coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 01:57 pm
Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Tuesday that he planned to order the military to guard parts of the southern border until he can build a wall and tighten immigration restrictions, proposing a remarkable escalation of his efforts to crack down on migrants entering the country illegally.

Good news for American citizens.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/03/us/politics/trump-border-immigration-caravan.html
Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 01:58 pm
@maporsche,
You quake in your boots about me and other progressives.

I laugh at you.
coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 02:01 pm
Quote:
Trump Wins; Mexico to Disband Illegal Immigrant Caravans

It's good news week.
Quote:
“Mexican immigration authorities said they plan on disbanding the Central American caravan by Wednesday in Oaxaca. The most vulnerable will get humanitarian visas,” tweeted BuzzFeed reporter Adolfo Flores.
“Everyone else in the caravan, which has traveled through Mexico for days from Chiapas, will have to petition the Mexican government for permission to stay in the country or will have to leave,” he added.

Notice that says the Mexican government not the USA's.
https://www.prisonplanet.com/trump-wins-mexico-to-disband-illegal-immigrant-caravans.html
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 02:14 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Power grab?

What power has been grabbed exactly?

You've accomplished nothing except your private goal of getting a Trump presidency.

Wrong, asshole.

Read all about it: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/29/bernie-sanders-democrats-primaries-217719

Educate yourself.

How the Bernie Wing Won the Democratic Primaries
Forget about Conor Lamb and Dan Lipinski. The progressive wing has already beaten the establishment in 2018.
By CHARLIE MAHTESIAN March 29, 2018
Facebook Twitter Google + Email Comment Print
With his primary election victory last week, Illinois Congressman Dan Lipinski—a Blue Dog and cultural conservative—won the first major 2018 battle between the Democratic Party’s establishment and progressive wings.

But don’t be confused about what it means. The war is already over, and the establishment lost.

Even though only two states have actually voted so far this primary election season—Texas, a red-state redoubt, and Illinois, a blue-state stronghold—the battle for supremacy this primary season is all but complete. In state after state, the left is proving to be the animating force in Democratic primaries, producing a surge of candidates who are forcefully driving the party toward a more liberal orientation on nearly every issue.

These candidates are running on an agenda that moves the party beyond its recent comfort zone and toward single-payer health care, stricter gun control, a $15 minimum wage, more expansive LGBT rights and greater protections for immigrants.

In the surest sign of the reoriented issue landscape, they’re joined by some of the most prominent prospects in the 2020 Democratic presidential field—Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand and Kamala Harris among them—who are embracing the same agenda.

According to data compiled by the Brookings Institution’s Primaries Project, the number of self-identified, nonincumbent progressive candidates in Texas spiked compared with the previous two election years. This year, there were nearly four times as many progressive candidates as in 2016. Meanwhile, the number of moderate and establishment candidates remained flat for the past three elections in Texas...
revelette1

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 02:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Claim: A border wall will stem a 'massive inflow of drugs and people'
This claim is disputable.

Trump has frequently claimed in the past that historic numbers of migrants are crossing into the U.S. illegally, but that's not true.

Overall, migration across the U.S. southern border is down from peak levels, and the number of immigrants living in the U.S. without legal status is falling.

What is changing is the demographics of those illegally crossing the border. Central Americans are increasingly making the trek, fleeing violence and political instability in countries such as Honduras and El Salvador.

Meanwhile, the number of Mexicans making the trek has fallen sharply. These days, so few Mexicans are making the journey and such large numbers of them are returning home, that net migration from Mexico is at zero.

From the link I left earlier today from the LAT. Those coming from those violent countries most likely will seek asylum thereby entering the country legally. (Ideally)
coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 02:22 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
From the link I left earlier today from the LAT. Those coming from those violent countries most likely will seek asylum thereby entering the country legally. (Ideally)

According to my post they will get that chance in Mexico, which is nice, but not here.
revelette1

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 02:47 pm
@coldjoint,
Figures Crying or Very sad
coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 02:57 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Figures (Crying or Very sad)

Figures? I would reply that way, or sad none of those people should get in
0 Replies

thack45

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 03:08 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Quote:

.@evanasmith "Are you running against Cruz or are you running against Trump?"

@BetoORourke "Neither. I'm not running against anybody. That's not what energizes me. That's not what gets me going ... Being against is not a strategy."

I think the Trump election is evidence to the contrary. And the best part about that strategy is, when you make 'em mad enough at all of the boogeymen, you don't even need to bog yourself down with boring and time consuming things like developing coherent policy, or the pesky complications that can arise when you're both in a position of extraordinary power and also self-aware
coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 03:15 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
to bog yourself down with boring and time consuming things like developing coherent policy,

He has plenty of time for substance, will we see if he has any. I'm sure Cruz will remind him.
maporsche

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 03:45 pm
@Lash,
That’s not an answer. That’s making it personal. Noted.

I don’t quake at Progressive goals, hell, my goals are similar.

I laugh at you (since you’ve made it personal).
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 03:49 pm
@Lash,
That laundry list of “wins” sounds an awful lot like the establishment platform of 2016 that you voted against.

Sounds like a lot of years democratitc platforms.

Stop voting against Democrats and your own goals. Get out of your own way.
0 Replies

thack45

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:00 pm
@coldjoint,
You've made my case well. When you're all for this cult of personality, these things are of minimal importance. A negative-sum, make 'em pay guy, that's what really makes all of those stirred up bad feels feel better
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I hope that suit drives Jones to bankruptcy, alcoholism and suicide.
coldjoint

Tue 3 Apr, 2018 04:32 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I hope that suit drives Jones to bankruptcy, alcoholism and suicide.

That is the second time you have wished someone dead. Isn't that hate? Yes or no will do.
0 Replies