monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 09:27 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It's not unprecedented at all. Obamas appointees were approved at the same point in 2004 and under the same circumstances. Indeed this is the norm for new administrations.

No, that's false. On what evidentiary basis would you make the claim? Your memory?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:27 pm
Donald Trump is a junk-yard-dog whisperer.
RABEL222

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:09 pm
@blatham,
Blatham, as CI constantly points out tRump lies 90% of the time and it seems that the people in his administration back his constant lies making them all liars who cant be trusted and all the people who voted for him also lie knowing in their hearts that they lie even as they deny the fact, Hypocrites all.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:22 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
Attacking the messenger, rather than the substance of the message, is a form of tyranny that seeks to silence dissent.

Puts me in mind of that Putin fellow that tRump is so fond of. Make you nervous, sure does me.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:30 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Trump is much less of an adult than you are.

You must have baldy on ignore because he parrots every lie tRump puts out there.
0 Replies

tony5732

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:45 pm
@blatham,
That's an exaggeration and a really flawed philosophy...
To start with, BEFORE he got into office this twitter wars strategy worked. He is not a tyrant or a narcissistic person because he used a new and effective campaign strategy.
Continuing to do this is also not proof he is a tyrant or pathological narcissist. It's just a bad tactic.

" Any citizen is a legitimate political opponent, if opposed to a political figure. That ought to go without saying."

Yes, but what I was trying to say is that he's making a mouse into a lion. He already won. Why laser focus on ONE citizen and give them another spotlight? If Trump didn't tweet at this chick I wouldn't have even known who Streep was. I think he would be suited better just to leave crazy celebs to TMZ.
tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 12:08 am
@Frugal1,
Not about Hollywood. We have bigger and more important issues than celebrity smackdowns.
Frugal1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:30 am
@tony5732,
You got that right, but I wouldn't give Hollywood a pass either.
blatham

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:50 am
@tony5732,
Quote:
To start with, BEFORE he got into office this twitter wars strategy worked. He is not a tyrant or a narcissistic person because he used a new and effective campaign strategy.
Continuing to do this is also not proof he is a tyrant or pathological narcissist. It's just a bad tactic.

Arriving in power is no proof that how you got there wasn't marked by pathology.

Quote:
Why laser focus on ONE citizen and give them another spotlight? [And then on another and then another and then the CIA/FBI and then...]?

Pathology. He won't stop because he can't.
tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:57 am
@Frugal1,
Hollywood has been shooting themselves in the foot by encouraging stupid political dialogue from people using mouth more than brain. Trump humiliated enough cocky, speak before think type celebrities just by winning. (Still waiting to hear about some moves to Canada btw.)

Hollywood SHOULD be given a pass. Their entertainers. Hollywood stupidity is entertaining. Technically they are doing their job.

If someone decides to blindly follow what celebrities say just because their famous, that's on them. Not Hollywood.
George

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 06:59 am
@tony5732,
Don't listen to political advice from actors.
Don't read screenplays from politicians.
tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:05 am
@blatham,
So Trump is studying a disease? I really don't understand what the hell the liberal pathology crap means.
tony5732

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:06 am
@George,
Who is reading screenplays?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:07 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1wxmzZUQAArbSJ.jpg:large
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:11 am
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

I didn't say Meryl Streep should shut up, I said her opinion was overrated because she is a celebrity. She has the same right to speak her mind as anyone else does, but unless she is staying something informative there is no reason to pay any more or less attention to her opinion than you would someone else's opinion.

Is that why you've been writing dozens of emails about her? Because you thonk she gets "too much attention"? That's funny...
Frugal1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:15 am
@tony5732,
Doesn't 0bama want to be a Hollywood actress?
Frugal1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 07:16 am
@blatham,
I never met a junk-yard-dog that I didn't like.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:18 am

Obama planning to free at least 18 more Guantanamo jihadis who have vowed to murder Americans
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:18 am
@tony5732,
Quote:
So Trump is studying a disease? I really don't understand what the hell the liberal pathology crap means.

No problem. Many medical and scientific terms derive from latin or greek.

First, the suffix "ology" means "study of".

So "biology" is the study of living things ("bios" from greek for life, "logos" from greek for study of).
"Psychology" is the study of the psyche (mind).
"Pathology" - the study of illness (from greek "pathos" = suffering or disease)

I used the term "sociopath":
"a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience."

A closely related term is "psychopath":
"a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc."

Frugal1

Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:19 am

Obama Okays Massive Shipment of Uranium to Iran that Could Produce 10 Nukes
0 Replies