monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:29 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
This is incredibly offensive.

Not to mention, the obvious worry that it does the exact opposite.
hightor

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:30 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Hillary was going to win the election in a landslide.

Duh...because that was the result the early polling. Later polls were more accurate and predicted a much closer race.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:32 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
integrity of the modern rightwing media's journalistic standards.

Brain Williams, Dan Rather
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:35 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
I think blatham should be banned for at least 3 months.

I don't care about what he says. He is basically spamming the board.
nononono

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I don't care about what he says. He is basically spamming the board.

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.
coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:37 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Later polls were more accurate and predicted a much closer race.

Those polls still favored Hillary, and proved they are unreliable at best.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:38 pm
@coldjoint,
Why did "Fox and Friends" choose to ignore the Stormy Daniels story? Maybe because it wasn't deemed important enough? Fine. I would agree. Except why then do a story on Hillary Clinton, who isn't running for anything and is a lot less important? Why not a program on nuclear proliferation, tariff and trade policy, or the opioid crisis? Simple. Because they really do to wish to make stupid people stupider each and every day.
nononono

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:40 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
why then do a story on Hillary Clinton,

Because Hillary won't shut her nasty hole of a mouth and go away to rot like she rightly should.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:40 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

Let's be honest, what you think does not seem to count for much administration wise. You would be better off debunking the garbage posted here by some over and over again.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:43 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Because they really do to wish to make stupid people stupider each and every day.

Everyone watching that show is stupid?
nononono

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:46 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Let's be honest, what you think does not seem to count for much administration wise.

True. But I'm a pretty good ****-stirrer. Maybe the right leaning folks here should all get together and report people like blatham when they pull this kind of crappola.

Quote:
You would be better off debunking the garbage posted here by some over and over again.

Yeah, but some of these people are so damn stupid it just ends up infuriating me. Not worth my blood pressure. You can argue them till you're blue in the face. They're still going to drool on themselves and spout their nonsense.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

No, anyone saying that is stupid. Glad I could help.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:54 pm
Here's a fun way to spend a couple of minutes. Go to the WSJ and look for mentions this morning of the march yesterday. Get yourself some coffee, sit in a comfortable chair, and then start scrolling. Warning: there's some risk of carpal tunnel here. You'll have to get past these much more important stories first:

- Dockless Bike Share Floods Cities, With Rides and Clutter
- Maker of Sharpies Drew the Line on Store Promotions—and Paid in Lost Sales
- Homeowners Ditch Refinancings as Mortgage Rates Rise
- For Opening Day, Baseball Is Racing to Perfect...the Infield Dirt
- The U.N. Hates Israel
- How the Mariners Used Big Data to Turn a Gold Glove Infielder Into an Outfielder
- Thailand Could Delay Elections After Protests
- Italy’s Berlusconi Ordered to Stand Trial for Alleged Bribery

And that is not nearly a complete list. It's about five times that long before the march is even mentioned. So it will take a while to scroll down to it. Perhaps order in a pizza.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Put him on "ignore"

0 Replies

hightor

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 12:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Of course not. But the message is obviously aimed at the less critical portion of the audience. Not everyone who watches believes they're getting insightful news analysis and high-quality journalism— I know people who just find it entertaining.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 01:06 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
@coldjoint,
I think blatham should be banned for at least 3 months.

No question about it. Let's all hunt that stinking lizard-bastard down like a dog. We can all piss on a Canadian flag and stuff it in his lying mouth. Then we'll shove a box of pop-rocks and a taser way up his rear and watch his eyes light up and his teeth crack.
blatham

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 01:19 pm
Today's winner in our "Unnecessary Headline" contest. Congrats, Washington Monthly!
Quote:
Rick Santorum Puts His Ignorance on Display
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 01:25 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZD9RX4XcAEhodo.jpg

Freedom haters sure are weird.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 26 Mar, 2018 01:27 pm
@revelette1,
Vox.com wrote:
I have long been skeptical that there will be any big gun policy reforms in the US. After federal lawmakers failed to take any significant action following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut -- in which 6- and 7-year-olds were killed -- I saw little reason for hope. While I remain cautious, comments like Hogg's gave me a twinkle of optimism.

Gun control is, broadly speaking, incredibly popular in America. Polling for many common gun control measures, including universal background checks, can top 75 percent -- even among Republicans.

But for years these policies have failed to get anywhere because of a key problem: issue intensity. Essentially, lots of Americans support gun control, but it's not really their top priority when they go out to vote. Meanwhile, those who oppose stricter gun laws are simply more likely to make it the one issue they’ll vote on.

Posting this will undermine the liberal delusion that the NRA is all about money from gun manufacturers.
0 Replies