monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

ehBeth

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:13 pm
Quote:
Jane Mayer

@JaneMayerNYer

Bolton, like Trump, owes much to hard-right hedge fund donor Robert Mercer. Mercer has donated $5M to Bolton's super-pac since 2013, and is Bolton's biggest donor. Bolton has relied on Cambridge Analytica, which Mercer helped found and fund, like Trump, too. Big Mercer influence.

what exactly does Bolton need a PAC for?
thack45

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Just a stab in the dark but, for making America great, again?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:21 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Quote:
Now you are just being silly

"When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression."

Quote:
In fact, I don't think women can actually register for the draft even now

My point exactly.

Men are forced to register for the draft. If they don't, they are not allowed to vote and face imprisonment and fines.

One of many reasons voting is an unearned privilege that women are given.

Welcome to gynocentrism 101.

I bet there are a ton of unsuspecting 18 year old men sitting in jail because they forgot to register, even though we haven't had a draft in over 40 years. Oh well, maybe some folks will believe it. It seems you do, and you seem to think you have a point. Whatever makes you happy.

Now I'm bored, but I should mention the sentence I copied from your pity party applies to you.

"When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression."

Bye Now

centrox

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:22 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
Considering we're digressing into the politics of language here, I will definitely admit to a certain defensiveness about the policing of language where I feel it erases the voices and vocabularies of... well, let’s say, for lack of more precise or nuanced categorizations, working class people. Not that every working class lad goes about spouting obscenities all the time, of course! Lot of working class families will deeply frown on them as well; my granny certainly would have (though my great aunt maybe not so much...). Neither that you won't catch a middle class person in one, of course.

But there is a very long history of cultural policing, going back a couple of centuries, in which upper and middle class people tried to restrain, suppress, punish and cleanse out the rawer and rowdier dimensions of working class culture, including its richly objectionable vocabularies of cursing and swearing, using all the institutional power they wielded in top-down and sometimes violent “civilization offensives”. It’s not a proud history, in my opinion.

This position of yours is one that I share 100%.
glitterbag

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:32 pm
@centrox,
I can hardly believe that Trump is bringing in John Bolton to replace McMasters. John Bolton is somewhat of a local boy (Maryland) and is a veteran of the Maryland National Guard. He joined the Guard to avoid being drafted into active duty and also because he has been very forthcoming he didn't want to die in a rice paddy. Hooo Raaaay now he has lived long enough to help send our troops to die in Iraq and who knows, next time could be Iran or maybe North Korea. Maybe it's time to bring back the draft....when more people have skin in the game.....maybe they won't see war as a fun thing.
0 Replies

nononono

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:00 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
even though we haven't had a draft in over 40 years. Oh well, maybe some folks will believe it.

You seem to not understand objective reality.

Men must register for the draft or they are not allowed to vote.

Women are allowed to vote without registering for the draft.

This isn't my opinion, this is objective fact.

This is how strong gynocentrism is, that even when faced with cold hard facts of the double standard between men and women, people like you balk at the thought that maybe, just maybe women shouldn't be getting things (like undeserved privileges) without actually earning them.
coldjoint

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:46 pm
https://madworldnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/29341653_902225423282757_1441312964_n-678x356.jpg

I think Schiff is funny too.
Quote:
This guy sounds like a high school debate team flunky. How much longer will Democrats allow this asshat to make them all look bad?

Hopefully until November and beyond.
https://madworldnews.com/adam-schiff-last-russia-probe/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=madworldnews
farmerman

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Demos are actually sayin is "How fuckin smart ya gotta be to be president"? look at the Donald . He cant even argue with himself without screwin it up.
coldjoint

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:53 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Demos

Are just what I said they are. How many illegals are living at your house?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 09:32 pm
@nononono,
Picked this up from the Selective Service web site. Take a close look skippy, you don't forfeit your right to vote if you don't register. However, if you are not an American citizen, you have no exception to be able to vote.

Something tells me you like your misinformed tetestalogic too much to admit you made it up.

Oopsies!

Chart
Immigrants and Dual Nationals
Hospitalized or Incarcerated Men
Men With Disabilities
How to Register
Change of Information
Address Change Form
Address Change Foreign
Men Born Before 1960
Proof of Registration
State – Commonwealth Legislation
Other Legislations
Women And Draft
Backgrounder: Women and the Draft
Veterans
Online Registration FAQ
Status Information Letter
Benefits and Penalties

Registration is the Law

Register to be Eligible for Benefits and Programs Linked to Registration —

A young man who fails to register with Selective Service may be ineligible for opportunities that may be important to his future. He must register to be eligible for federal student financial aid, state-funded student financial aid in many states, most federal employment, some state employment, security clearance for contractors, job training under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (formerly known as the Workforce Investment Act), and U.S. citizenship for immigrant men.

STUDENT FINANCIAL AID

Men, born after December 31, 1959, who aren't registered with Selective Service won't qualify for federal student loans or grant programs. This includes Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Direct Stafford Loans/Plus Loans, National Direct Student Loans, and College Work Study.

CITIZENSHIP

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) makes registration with Selective Service a condition for U.S. citizenship if the man first arrived in the U.S. before his 26th birthday.

FEDERAL JOB TRAINING

The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (formerly the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)) offers programs that can train young men seeking vocational employment or enhancing their career. This program is only open to those men who register with Selective Service. Only men born after December 31, 1959, are required to show proof of registration.

FEDERAL JOBS

A man must be registered to be eligible for jobs in the Executive Branch of the Federal Government and the U.S. Postal Service. Proof of registration is required only for men born after December 31, 1959.

Security clearance background investigations will verify whether or not men are in compliance with federal law; thus, men who are required to be registered with the Selective Service System will be verified of their Selective Service registration status for security clearances, as well as for some contractors.

Penalties for Failing to Register

Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties.

If a man fails to register, or provides Selective Service with evidence that he is exempt from the registration requirement, after receiving Selective Service reminder and/or compliance mailings, his name is referred to the Department of Justice for possible investigation and prosecution for his failure to register as required by the Act. For clarification, if a man is exempt from registering with the Selective Service System, his name is not forwarded to the Department of Justice. The federal law stipulates that names are to be submitted to the Department of Justice annually.

The more immediate penalty is if a man fails to register before turning 26 years old, even if he is not tried or prosecuted, he may find that some doors are permanently closed.

NOTE: Some states have added additional penalties for those who fail to register. See STATE LEGISLATION.

Registration is the Goal

Selective Service wants young men to register. It does not want them to be prosecuted or denied benefits. If a draft is ever needed, it must be as fair as possible, and that fairness depends on having as many eligible men as possible registered. In the event of a draft, for every man who fails to register, another man would be required to take his place in service to his country.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 09:47 pm
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL KID! MARCH FOR OUR LIVES IN 800 CITIES AND TOWNS AROUND THE WORLD, AND IN WASHINGTON, DC. SATURDAY, MARCH 24. Bring an end to gun violence. Spearheaded by the brave, determined survivors of the massacre in Parkland, Florida, students, teachers, and peoople around the world will be marching somewhere near you, to put an end to the murders. Google "March for our Lives {city near you)' These amazing kids hsve done great things so far. Now it's our turn to help them. Talk to your kids, they probably know all about it already and can clue you in. Join them on the March. Starts mostly between 10AM and Noon, depending on where you are, and continues on into the afternoon. This is important, friends, be there. See you on Boston Common
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:33 pm
@oralloy,
wrong on both counts. They wantyour ilk to stop violating their civil rights by mufrdering them. And the vast majority okf the country, which is sickened by theokse deaths, think they're a damned good reason for change. Gok to pollingreport.com. Look at the mood of the country. It's not in sympathy with you.
oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
wrong on both counts.

Unless they can provide a good reason for banning pistol grips, then the only reason they want to ban them is because they think it's fun to violate people's rights.

MontereyJack wrote:
They wantyour ilk to stop violating their civil rights by mufrdering them.

No. They are demanding bans on pistol grips, which have nothing to do with any murders.

MontereyJack wrote:
And the vast majority okf the country, which is sickened by theokse deaths, think they're a damned good reason for change.

Can any of these people justify why pistol grips should be banned?

MontereyJack wrote:
Gok to pollingreport.com. Look at the mood of the country. It's not in sympathy with you.

Who cares? Unless they can provide a good reason for banning pistol grips, their views don't count.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:57 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Sheriff was a horse thief.

Let's just hope there are no reparations.
glitterbag

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
The honest to god truth is that the children are the biggest target of crazed killers and they are sick of it. This time it was a high school of very bright kids who watched teachers and friends slaughtered in front of them. The babies cut down in Connecticut only have their parents to speak for them and we all know what the despicable pukes like Alex Jones have done, the parents have received death threats, even now those bereft parents are traumatized by unrelenting hate attacks. These high school kids are pissed and are not going to go away.

I've been seeing notes from friends on facebook who have hired buses to be in D.C. for this event. What I find remarkable is they are all retired Intell people and retired Army and Navy vets. I'm excited because they are all past retirement age and will join in to support these kids.

Those folks who think their NRA organization is under attack can always get a permit to protest this march for the right to breath in peace.
oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:46 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Sheriff was a horse thief.

Let's just hope there are no reparations.

There weren't really any legal ramifications. My great uncle died a few weeks later from the wounds that the sheriff inflicted before my great uncle could grab his shotgun. The county threw a tantrum and wanted to prosecute my great uncle for murder (I doubt they would have had a case), but they couldn't after he died. So all they ever do is whine about how their precious sheriff was killed.

They whine almost as well as those school shooting kids do.