Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Now you are just being silly

"When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression."

Quote:
In fact, I don't think women can actually register for the draft even now

My point exactly.

Men are forced to register for the draft. If they don't, they are not allowed to vote and face imprisonment and fines.

One of many reasons voting is an unearned privilege that women are given.

Welcome to gynocentrism 101.
nimh

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't particularly mind "coarse and vulgar".
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:29 pm
@nimh,
I do
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:33 pm
McMaster is out.

Bolton is in.

twitterverse is hysterical
BillW

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Bolton - 1st showing of a neocon.
ehBeth

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:36 pm
Quote:
Maggie Haberman

@maggieNYT
5m5 minutes ago

One wise source just messaged that this is the final scene of The Godfather 1
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:37 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Bolton - 1st showing of a neocon.

And a man knows exactly what Islam is, and its agenda. I could not be happier. Very Happy
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:42 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
McMaster is out.
Bolton is in.

Excellent!

Mr. Bolton is the guy who kicked the UN in the balls when they tried to impose a global gun ban treaty on the world:
http://web.archive.org/web/20081114083417/www.grip.org/bdg/g1894.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20051224131220/www.un.int/usa/01_104.htm

He also helped to prevent Al Gore from cheating his way to the presidency in 2000:
http://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22I%27m+with+the+Bush+Cheney+team%2C+and+I%27m+here+to+stop+the+count.%22+!g
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:45 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
It's not a witch hunt, just an enquiry.

That is incorrect. Abusing the legal system to try to harm people who disagree with you is a witch hunt.

Olivier5 wrote:
If Trump is innocent, he has nothing to fear.

Even if that were true, that would not make it OK to conduct witch hunts.

But the Democrats have a history of harming innocent people with their witch hunts, so innocent people do have a lot to fear.

Olivier5 wrote:
But if he colluded with the Russians to betray America, he deserves hell.

America has not been betrayed, so no hell is deserved.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:46 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Olivier5 wrote:
It's not a witch hunt, just an enquiry. If Trump is innocent, he has nothing to fear. But if he colluded with the Russians to betray America, he deserves hell.

That could be a Bernie Sanders quote.

Which goes to show what a shameful person Bernie Sanders is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:47 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
if he's innocent he should be encouraging the investigation, participating actively

Innocent people have the right to oppose unjust witch hunts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:48 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The only question that matters is: how much did Trump team knew about it and did they collaborate with the Russians operatives during the campaign?

Why in the world would that matter??
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
McMaster is out.

Bolton is in.

I don't blame them, Bolton, it is to vomit. It can only get worse if Cheney somehow rouses himself to replace John Kelly. Not that I liked the ones who have left, but, gawd.
ehBeth

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:58 pm
Bolton a month ago

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-legal-case-for-striking-north-korea-first-1519862374

in combination with

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/tillersons-firing-brings-us-closer-to-war-with-north-korea.html
oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:59 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Yes, I certainly don't disagree with that; plus, prevent the Russians from doing it again. The Repubs and tRump don't care about this since Putin is fixing elections in their favor.....

The Democrats don't care about it either. They only want to wage a witch hunt against Trump. No one at all is bothering to figure out what happened and what needs to be done to secure future elections.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
gives us

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/donald-trump-has-never-been-more-dangerous-than-he-is-now.html

Quote:
For progressives, the case for optimism about Trump’s tenure has always gone something like: If he doesn’t get us all killed, the demagogue might just rejuvenate the Democratic base, poison the GOP’s brand, trigger big “blue” wave elections in 2018 and 2020, and thus, ironically, leave U.S. politics in a better place than it had been in circa 2016.

Over the past month, each piece of this scenario has begun to seem a tad more likely — except, that is, for the “doesn’t get us all killed” bit.

Of course, Donald Trump is (almost certainly) not going to literally end all human life. But in recent weeks, many of the downside risks of his election — a mass-casualty war, irreparable diplomatic blunder, or constitutional crisis — have become more plausible than ever before.

Quote:
The White House isn’t preparing for face-to-face talks with North Korea because James Mattis decided that was a good idea; or drafting $60 billion worth of tariffs against China because that’s what the GOP Establishment wanted. These things are happening solely because Trump decided to make them happen. That maniac on Twitter really is the president of the United States. And as more and more “adults” exit the West Wing — and it becomes more and more difficult to find normal, competent people willing to take their places — the chances of a return to last year’s “normalcy” grow ever more remote.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:04 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I don't blame them, Bolton, it is to vomit.

What is wrong with Mr. Bolton?

Did you see the way he kicked the UN in the nuts when they tried to impose that global gun ban treaty?

Mr. Bolton is AWESOME!
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
ehBeth

Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:09 pm
a week and a few minutes ago

Quote:
Sarah Sanders

Verified account

Just spoke to @POTUS and Gen. H.R. McMaster - contrary to reports they have a good working relationship and there are no changes at the NSC.

7:12 PM - 15 Mar 2018
0 Replies