monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:12 pm
@revelette1,
Embrace your ideological fervor! You can't describe a large swathe of you fellow Americans as deplorable and assume a pretense of being "nice"
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:14 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
we know Trump won't make that mistake!

You are right, we will not see him apologizing for America.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:22 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Don't tell the students that...

Why not? If they don't know the difference between applying political pressure and actually drafting legislation maybe they ought to be told.
Quote:
...the agitators have told them differently

What "agitators" are you referring to?
Quote:
What if a bunch of kids marched against the money politicians take from Planned Parenthood? Would any of you take it seriously?

Sure. If the numbers and intensity impressed me I'd definitely give more money to Planned Parenthood so that they could develop a more effective way of communicating to that age group, which truly stands to benefit the most from the services PP provide.
coldjoint

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:39 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Sure. If the numbers and intensity impressed me I'd definitely give more money to Planned Parenthood.....

so they can continue controlling the Black population and with any luck eliminate it like their founder Sanger wanted to.
revelette1

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:51 pm
Congress must protect Mueller, warn Trump against firing and pardons: Mark Warner

Quote:
Mr. Mueller is a Vietnam War veteran and a lifelong Republican, with impeccable credentials as a man of the law. He has assembled a team that includes some of the nation’s best investigators and prosecutors, and he has led this investigation with the professionalism that a task of this importance requires.

The truth is that Russia attacked us right here at home — not with guns or missiles but through cyber raids and a broad disinformation campaign aimed at undermining our democratic process. Ignoring and politicizing this ongoing threat to our national security will not make it go away.

That’s why we must draw a red line.

Passing legislation to protect the Mueller probe is a necessary start, but our nation’s elected officials must also summon the courage to challenge those in our ranks who would put partisan politics over truth, or who would put the president’s interests over the interests of justice.

Congress must make clear to the president that firing the special counsel, or interfering with his investigation by issuing pardons of essential witnesses, is unacceptable and would have immediate and significant consequences.

In the United States of America, no one is above the law. Not even the president.

coldjoint

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 01:02 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Passing legislation to protect the Mueller probe is a necessary start, but our nation’s elected officials must also summon the courage to challenge those in our ranks who would put partisan politics over truth, or who would put the president’s interests over the interests of justice.

The Geobbels approach again, accuse your enemy of what you are guilty of. Next.
jcboy

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 01:08 pm
Doesn't it seem highly hypocritical that A.G. Sessions, who lied about meeting with Russians 3 times to Congress, fires Andrew McCabe for "lacking candor" in his responses. Mike Flynn gets indicted and pleads guilty but keeps pension. He would need to be court marshaled by the same government who takes away McCabe's pension.

This cowardly act is going to bite the Moron-in-Chief squarely in the ass!
Walter Hinteler

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 01:09 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
The Geobbels approach again,
If you would know history (and German, regarding Goebbels) and did just a tiny bit of self-reflection (regarding what you write here) ... you could see the similarities between Goebbels' and your own propaganda.
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 01:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
between Goebbels' and your own propaganda.

Propaganda always contains degrees of the truth, mine simply has much more than yours.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 01:15 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Propaganda always contains degrees of the truth, mine simply has much more than yours.
That's nearly a literal Goebbels quote.
BillW

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 01:31 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Doesn't it seem highly hypocritical that A.G. Sessions, who lied about meeting with Russians 3 times to Congress, fires Andrew McCabe for "lacking candor" in his responses. Mike Flynn gets indicted and pleads guilty but keeps pension. He would need to be court marshaled by the same government who takes away McCabe's pension.

This cowardly act is going to bite the Moron-in-Chief squarely in the ass!

jc, what really gets me is that without tRump, a very diligent, good public servant would still be working for "We The People". In fact, make that two - Comey would still be at work too.
jcboy

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 01:52 pm
@BillW,
Absolutely, and in the meantime this 14 month train wreck just continues to get weirder!
BillW

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 02:06 pm
@jcboy,
Weirder and more criminal, many people have started calling the administration a criminal organization. As I have said many times, I believe Mueller will be bringing RICO charges. I can't wait to see tRump perp walked out of the White House with his hands shackled to his feet!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 02:12 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
...McCabe was fired by the FBI, not the government.

McCabe was terminated by Attorney General Sessions, a government official.
oralloy

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 02:24 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Except that the current concern with gun violence is the result of a history of government inaction on the problem. The students aren't "making gun laws", they're protesting the NRA and the politicians controlled by the NRA and advocating restrictions which have been talked about for decades.

Calls to ban pistol grips are not attempts to deal with any problem.

People advocate such bans solely because they enjoy violating people's rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 02:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Nonsense. Nixon was as bent and crooked as /trump. No, wait, he was less crooked than Trump but still a crook.

Neither one of them are/were crooks.

MontereyJack wrote:
The GOP should be outlawed for supporting and "electing" a crook undemocratically.

Hardly a crook. And elections are by definition democratic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 02:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I still think Obama should have stuck with his original statement. I lost even more respect for him when he backed down on that. I would rather have had him double down on it. There is such a thing as too much courtesy.

Obama's original statement was pretty silly. He condemned the police for doing their job when it appeared that someone was breaking into a house.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 02:28 pm
@revelette1,

More evidence that liberals hate the Constitution.

a Constitution-hating US senator wrote:
Congress must make clear to the president that firing the special counsel, or interfering with his investigation by issuing pardons of essential witnesses, is unacceptable and would have immediate and significant consequences.

In the United States of America, no one is above the law. Not even the president.

The Constitution gives the President absolute power to pardon whoever he wants and fire anyone in the executive branch.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 18 Mar, 2018 03:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
That's nearly a literal Goebbels quote.

It is also true. What you going to do Wally discount the truth? It really does not matter who tells it, it is still truth.