monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:34 am
@hightor,
Well, what you call "screaming," I call chanting and there is an important distinction. Chanting slogans is typical at political rallies and there is absolutely nothing about "Build The Wall" or "Lock Her Up" that would incite violence in anyone who is not unhinged or a criminal.

Yes, I do think that without a Trump rally many of those violent, obscenity hurling protestors would have been elsewhere engaging in the same behavior: Likely on a campus somewhere where a conservative speaker was attempting to address an audience.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:36 am
@hightor,
But you know that the Obama Administration didn't put any pressure on the FBI when Clinton was being investigated?
hightor

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:40 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Hidden Camera Video Shows Democrats Sent Agitators To Trump Rallies

Big deal. You do know that campaign rallies are public events, right? Hate to break this to you but political campaigns do this all the time. There were plenty of plants at Clinton rallies yelling "Lock Her Up!". The difference here is that the candidate himself encouraged violence by his supporters and promoted a malevolent atmosphere.
coldjoint

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:42 am
@hightor,
Quote:
"lack of candor"?

That is just another way of saying he lied, which he did, and often.
coldjoint

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:44 am
@hightor,
Quote:
plenty of plants at Clinton rallies yelling "Lock Her Up!"

Source that. I know they yelled "lock her up" at Trump rallies.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:47 am
Quote:
Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!

A tweet from OUR president.
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/03/17/uh-oh-trumps-tweet-about-mccabe-firing-sends-dem-rep-off-the-rails/
hightor

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I've only heard one-sided accounts from the right, none of which were particularly convincing. If someone's already decided that Clinton, or the Obama administration, is guilty as hell then I can understand why they'd be pissed when there's no official accusation or indictment. But until the nature of the crime is fully spelled out and actual guilt is established it just sounds like self-serving mock outrage and political posturing.
revelette1

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
Your president, I no longer acknowledge him as such. He is a complete cretin.
coldjoint

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:57 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Your president, I no longer acknowledge him as such. He is a complete cretin.

He is not a cretin, but people like you fit the criteria. You do realize you can pack up and leave, right?
revelette1

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:59 am
@coldjoint,
Considering Trump is quite a bit older than me, takes crappy care of his health, looks two seconds away from a heart attack, I think I can wait him out.
coldjoint

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:13 pm
@revelette1,

Quote:
Considering Trump is quite a bit older than me, takes crappy care of his health, looks two seconds away from a heart attack, I think I can wait him out.

I guess you missed the doctor commenting on just how healthy Trump is. Not one drink, not one cigarette, and no other drugs for recreational use.

But if it is reassuring you think he will die before 2024, because that is how long he will be president, knock yourself out.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:19 pm

Clapper had to be told by Diane Sawyer that there was a terror attack in London during an interview the day after it happened. He has not become more informed since then. Another piece in the puzzle of Democratic sedition.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:27 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
"lack of candor"?

That is just another way of saying he lied, which he did, and often.

You really have no idea if that is true do you? You just want to believe it or perhaps just contribute to the mob mentality. You are really enjoying this, stoking the flames of distrust, appealing to the basest of instincts because peddling garbage and baseless innuendo makes you feel smart. I'm sort of happy for you in a way, you may not be a discerning individual but you are doing what makes you happy, maligning people you don't know and without even an inkling or understanding of an issue. It's a smart move, entertaining complex thoughts might make your head hurt.......Somewhere along the line you decided that willful ignorance and negativity would make you powerful. How's that working for you skippy? You seem to come off as 'in over your head' but not because of your views but rather because your views expose you.
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 12:43 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Doesn't it remind you of that old excuse violent people use after they have beaten their spouses or children "Look what you made me do". or "you made me do that, what did you expect me to do?" or "if you did what I told you to do I wouldn't have to hit you".

Bullies, the whole lot of them, deplorables!
Walter Hinteler

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 01:17 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Former FBI official Andrew McCabe memorialized his interactions with President Trump in contemporaneous memos, a person familiar with the case said, and they could become a key piece of evidence in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe.
WaPo
revelette1

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 01:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If Mueller don't get fired too. I am waiting to hear that news any day now followed by flimsy justification.

I think Mueller should get on with it as quick as he can before he does get fired.
visceral

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 01:28 pm
If Trump is proved to be lying in the tryst with Stormy Daniels ....is he subject to impeachment like Bill Clinton was? Is it a congressional thing? Hopefully not, because this guy has gotten away with the inexcusable.
glitterbag

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 01:34 pm
@visceral,
I think Stormy is the least of Trump’s problems. I think Trump lies all the time but until it can be proven he lied under oath impeachment isn’t an avenue.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 01:35 pm
@revelette1,
I suppose, Mueller wil get fired soonish.

Quote:
After Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on Friday, after months of public pressure from Trump to take action, McCabe released a statement arguing that the action was meant to “taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally” as “part of this Administration’s ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day.”

On Saturday, Trump’s team wasted little time in tying the McCabe firing to the investigation by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — an investigation that began after Trump fired Comey because of the “Russia thing,” as the president told NBC’s Lester Holt shortly after it occurred.

“I pray that Acting Attorney General Rosenstein will follow the brilliant and courageous example of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility and Attorney General Jeff Sessions and bring an end to alleged Russia Collusion investigation,” Trump’s lawyer John Dowd said in a statement, “manufactured by McCabe’s boss James B. Comey based upon a fraudulent and corrupt Dossier.”
WaPo
coldjoint

Sat 17 Mar, 2018 01:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I think Trump lies all the time but until it can be proven he lied under oath impeachment isn’t an avenue.

What is his last lie?
0 Replies