monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

georgeob1

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:19 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

So Layman, The State Department is indeed a government Department. However, both the RNC and DNC are private organizations so the government doesn't monitor or collect their data for FOIA.

I'm confident Layman was aware of everything in your post even without your instruction.

I was however amused by your inclusion of the above quoted segment. You are (perhaps without intending it) noting the real reason for Hillary's private and (by modern business standards) insecure server That is. of course. its perceived immunity from government search in response to FOIA requests. Hillary Clinton while serving as Secretary of State engaged in a several years long conspiracy to exempt her official communications from FOIA inquirys, in defiance of the law. When it was revealed she said she did it so "all her communications would be acessible on a single device". However it was subsequently revealed she had multiple such devices, and was clearly lying.
Debra Law

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:21 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Her job is to entertain people, not to make political treatises on an award show.

You have a very limited viewpoint of an artist. She's not a spark plug that has no other existential purpose than to light a spark when someone else turns the ignition switch.

You could have directed your animosity toward a housewife: Her job is to clean house and raise kids, not write letters to the editor of a local newspaper. But you would be equally wrong in your condemnation.

All persons have the right and the duty to speak against evil in all its forms. All of us must use whatever platforms that are available to us.

Meryl Streep's message against evil is clear: "Disrespect invites disrespect, violence incites violence. And when the powerful use their position to bully others we all lose."

And how did you respond? You responded disrespectfully. According to you, she needs to know her place and keep her mouth shut.

According to his established modus operandi, Trump used his twitter account to disrespect and bully her. You accepted Trump's invitation to become a member of his bully chorus. You did exactly what she said you would do, and we all lose because of it.

cicerone imposter

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:32 am
@Debra Law,
The definition of a tyrant; not America. They're trying to take away free speech, because they don't like what they hear.
georgeob1

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
Who is trying to, "take away free speech" ? Meryl Steep gave a liberal interpretatyion of highly selected recent events before a Hollywood crowd. What could be more free or courageous than that?
tony5732

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:45 am
@Debra Law,
Your over rating and opinion of someone because they are famous and left leaning.

Liberals have a huge tendency to do this.

It's not so much as Meryl Streep is some sort of one dimensional spark plug, it's that she is not smarter than any of the rest of us non-one dimensional spark plugs.

Just because some famous person says stuff doesn't make their statements fall into some category of actual facts, or that you should pay any more or less attention to their comments than you would say, a plumber's comments.
Probably less. Most celebrities live high in the sky in top of the hill and FAR from what the normal American "reality" is.
cicerone imposter

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:47 am
@georgeob1,
Streep made a political opinion about Trump which she is free to do. Anyone denying her that right in support of Trump speaks volumes.
In this country, we are "free" to speak our opinion about any candidate or president elect. Trying to deny that right is not American.
Frugal1

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:48 am
@tony5732,
Hollyweird circle jerk parties, why are they televised?

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15941045_10154924143749776_8245312123265613480_n.jpg?oh=f04dd0b5836b2bf2556b0f3b8fe671ea&oe=59146D4F
giujohn

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:54 am
@layman,
His argument might have some validity if he had an original thought instead of flooding the thread with nothing but cut and paste ad nauseum.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 10:57 am
Some people just hate opposing views, so they become kids and down thumb a post rather than respond with some maturity.
catbeasy

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:01 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Her job is to entertain people, not to make political treatises on an award show

Really? That's her job? She can't have more than one job? How many jobs you got mon?

Seriously though, that's a bit narrow minded to think that just because a person has a particular job, they can't speak out about politics. I would say that duty comes before you job..regardless of where you sit on the issues, I think we all have some level of duty about this..

This admission doesn't excuse thinking she ought to lose a dimension, why would it?
Quote:
I've admitted that she is a talented actress

That brings up an interesting thing about Trump. He tweeted something about how she was overrated. That reminds me of when I was 9 years old and decided I no longer liked a picture that someone drew because now I was mad at them..That's just hilarious and sad..I almost can't believe he's serious. I almost believe he's just pulling our strings about all this..but I think he is serious..that he is like this and folks think he's qualified and 'fit' to be president is also hard to believe..

glitterbag

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:05 am
@georgeob1,
Any correspondence produced by Hillary regarding State Department.business is required to be kept as permanent. When I retired, all of my work related material was collected and sent to the archives. However, they do not save emails announcing Joe Blow is retiring and there is cake in the conference room at noon.
cicerone imposter

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:09 am
@catbeasy,
It's hard to believe people think Trump is qualified to be our president based on his history of racial discrimination, scamming, and lies. According to Politifact, he tells the truth only 7% (some say 9%) of the time.
tony5732

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:10 am
@Debra Law,
I just realized that you were the one who put me on ignore earlier so you probably can't even see my previous post, or this one.

To anyone else paying attention to what I am posting, I am on ignore by Debbie because she didn't think I was living up to her expectations of what sources and facts were.

Notice the celebrity needs no such qualification to make statements without being put on ignore.
giujohn

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:13 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I suppose we can look forward to more wars in the Middle East.

Mattis urged Iran strike over U.S. troops deaths in Iraq

There was a time when if a US citizen was illegally detained or harassed by a foreign government while traveling overseas the threat of the U.S. military being deployed to rescue that individual was enough to have that individual immediately returned.

Seems to me we need to get back to the point where our enemies fear us and we are not so reluctant to deploy our military in defense of our citizens.
Olivier5

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:14 am
@tony5732,
At least, she didn tell you to shut up because you're not a career politician.
cicerone imposter

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, gui, why don't you provide credible proof that Trump tells the truth, and doesn't/hasn't scammed people.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:16 am
@tony5732,
Who is the celebrity?
georgeob1

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:18 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Any correspondence produced by Hillary regarding State Department.business is required to be kept as permanent. When I retired, all of my work related material was collected and sent to the archives. However, they do not save emails announcing Joe Blow is retiring and there is cake in the conference room at noon.

I'm sure your e mails are kept in a secure, special place. Anyway you appear to be ignoring the fact that Hillary violated that requirement as well as others related to FOIA, not to mention instructions issued to all State Department employees over her own signature, in her illegal, foolish and ineptly executed effort to keep her own e mails on a private server.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:20 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I hadn't dug into Mattis at all but thought he might be OK as nothing much had appeared to make him seem questionable. That one is very disturbing. The consequences of an attack on Iran would only be to make terrorist activity far stronger. It's insane.

This is exactly the type of thinking that weakens our position and guarantees the continued threat of terrorism worldwide. That is the stock-in-trade of liberalism... Appeasement. It has never worked to counter despots. It only embolden them.

It's time to exercise the Axiom, speak softly but carry a big stick... and don't be afraid to use it.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:20 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

Hollyweird circle jerk parties, why are they televised?

Good question. They are, at best. tiresome and repetitious.