Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:08 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
We won't be talking further.

Well . . . bye.
blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:10 pm
@ehBeth,
I was kind of hoping myself. What planet did this guy drop in from? But he certainly does have fine taste in mentors.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:13 pm
@maporsche,
One of these choices is vastly easier, cheaper, and with the fewest un-intended consequences.
———————————
I argue that my idea is vastly easier, cheaper, and carries fewer consequences.
blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:15 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Nunberg appeared pleased by his performance, telling the AP that he was "doing something I've never seen."

This guy really is a winner, isn't he.
blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:24 pm
Quote:
A new report by the Wall Street Journal on Monday suggests that President Donald Trump knew about payments made to adult film star Stormy Daniels weeks before the election.

...According to the Journal, Cohen missed two deadlines earlier in the month to pay Daniels because he needed to contact Trump and had openly complained to friends after Trump’s win that the president hadn’t reimbursed him for the $130,000, which was used as hush money in return for signing an agreement that barring Daniels from discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Trump in 2006.
TP

Interesting this reporting comes from the WSJ. They do a lot of good reporting and that division of the operation is quite different than Gigot and others on the editorial staff. But if the power brokers on the right decide enough already, the WSJ will join in. The real tell will be Fox.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:25 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Nunberg appeared pleased by his performance, telling the AP that he was "doing something I've never seen."

This guy really is a winner, isn't he.

I have to say that although I don't support his political views, his appearance tonight on the Ari Melber show was disturbing......I think he was completely honest but I also think Ari and the other guests gave him compassionate advice. I see no need for him to be locked up or punished for crimes that he probably didn't commit. I hope he makes it out of this without too many scars. What a mess the Trump has made.
blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:45 pm
Quote:
The Dallas Morning News reported over the weekend that early voting among Texas Republicans in this year's primaries is up 16% compared to a comparable period in 2014. Among Texas Democrats, meanwhile, early voting is up 98%. No, that's not a typo.
That's from Steve Benen. He provides this link to the source reporting
glitterbag

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:48 pm
@blatham,
Yeah Texas
0 Replies

thack45

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:57 pm
@blatham,
I think the guy gives us a raw glimpse at the way in which many White House staffers and advisors personally carry themselves. The Trump machine attracts all manner of these super-confident-beyond-their-talent, "type-A" sorts. And it's not surprising, because big shot managers love these kinds of people, for as long as their useful. This bush league administration reminds me over and over of a large, yet crappily run business
thack45

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 11:03 pm
@blatham,
Ooo man, things are gonna get nasty(er)
glitterbag

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 11:17 pm
@thack45,
I think you are right.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 12:30 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

nononono wrote:
I was banned for over TWO ENTIRE YEARS!

Not long enough. Should have been twenty.

Maybe learn to ignore users instead of making snide assed comments like this?

glitterbag

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 12:57 am
@McGentrix,
I agree, I've had you on ignore for 3 years.........but now I'm back to square one. because I decided to read your stuff....thanks Mac

I hope I become a little smarter when it comes to your utterances ☘️
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 12:57 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
We won't be talking further.

Well . . . bye.

This is what happens when Blatham can't talk at you. He ignores you instead. You must have hit a nerve.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 03:51 am
@glitterbag,
You're a nicer person than I am (I admit I haven't watched him in any of these interviews). I'm supremely skeptical of anyone who deems Roger Stone a mentor.
blatham

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 03:55 am
@thack45,
Quote:
This bush league administration reminds me over and over of a large, yet crappily run business
I think that's a pretty good analogy and the truth of it would make a hell of a good screenplay - if written by Tarantino.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 03:57 am
@thack45,
Yes, it is.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 04:19 am
It is difficult these days to avoid cynicism. Still, if it weren't for Jared Kushner, we wouldn't have peace in the mid-east.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 04:54 am
This is certainly a surprise.
Quote:
House Republicans are backing away from plans to potentially hold former White House strategist Stephen K. Bannon in contempt of Congress for refusing to fully comply with an Intelligence Committee subpoena, according to people in both parties familiar with the panel’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Republican leaders of the probe emerged from a second interview with Bannon last month promising to take “further steps,” potentially including a contempt citation, to force him to answer questions about the Trump administration’s transition period. But in the weeks since, people familiar with the matter say, there has been zero urgency to pursue further action against Bannon or even discuss the matter with House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), whose ­buy-in is critical to issuing such a citation.
WP

Up until now, the House Republicans have seemed dead set on getting to the bottom of these issues.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 05:28 am
I knew he reminded me of someone!
Quote:
Bibi and the Christian Right Agree: Trump Is the New Cyrus the Great

...As Tara Isabella Burton explained before Bibi made this statement, Trump-as-Cyrus is the prevailing U.S. Christian right rationalization about their support for him:

Quote:
The comparison comes up frequently in the evangelical world. Many evangelical speakers and media outlets compare Trump to Cyrus, a historical Persian king who, in the sixth century BCE, conquered Babylon and ended the Babylonian captivity, a period during which Israelites had been forcibly resettled in exile. This allowed Jews to return to the area now known as Israel and build a temple in Jerusalem.
Ed Kilgore at NYMag
0 Replies