monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 05:08 pm
I posted part of this quote from Nunes earlier. But I had not known what stimulated him to the nuttiness. Here's what I quoted:
Quote:
“This is the danger that we have in this country,” Nunes said after watching the clip. “The left controls not only the universities in this country, but they also control Hollywood in this country, and the mainstream media, so conservatives in this country are under attack.”

And what got him so upset about the massive attack on conservatives?
Quote:
During an interview, Fox News’ Neil Cavuto played a clip from Colbert’s Friday night segment about the House Intelligence Committee and asked for Nunes’ thoughts.

Stephen Colbert, enemy of the state and architect of national chaos
blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 05:09 pm
@BillW,
I suppose there's a chance.
0 Replies

BillW

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 05:46 pm
@blatham,
Total lack of introspection.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 06:16 pm
@blatham,
Id read Nunes billingsgate more as sour grapes. Hes just sorry they aint in charge of Hollywood and our great pillars of larnin.
Glennn

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 06:43 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
We've provided reasons for the current focus on assault-styled weapons.

Yes, and I've provided you with proof that your obsessive focus on rifles is fueled by your cognitive dissonance. I would tell you again that handguns are used way more often than rifles in mass shootings, but I have the feeling that you'll still put your sniffer down on the rifle and bay like a hound dog. It's a classic case of barking up the wrong tree.
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 06:55 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Your argument is clear. The problem with it is that it is fallacious, as I've explained and demonstrated. Merely because one cannot achieve an ideal end through Plan A does not make work on Plan B or Plan C improper or a waste of time.

I see. So if most mass shootings are committed with handguns, then let's start by focusing our attention on a different weapon. I know you understand what I've just said to you. So why don't you explain the logic behind focusing on the weapon that is used the least between the two.
Quote:
Let's say you are passionately against abortion and wish to rid America of the practice and believe that only way to reach your goal is through a Supreme Court decision. But you know you aren't going to get that decision from the SC. So you try some lesser strategies. Not a matter of inconsistency.

Your analogy is poor. We're not talking about abortion. It's a simple matter of your choice of focus between a weapon that is used more often in mass shootings, and a weapon that is used way less in mass shootings. Now explain why you would focus on the least used weapon of the two. This concept is really a no-brainer.
maporsche

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 07:18 pm
@Glennn,
The ‘mass shooting’ number you’re using is the same one that is used when people say that there is a mass shooting every day. It’s he same number that the FBI uses that said there are like 400 mass shootings every year. Your number is even worse, counting a mass shooting if there are 2 or more deaths (I believe the fBI uses 4 or more deaths)

If you really want to base your decision on that was to talk about and frame the problem then we can but I just want to double check.
Glennn

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 07:25 pm
@maporsche,
Are you referring to this:

http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 07:38 pm
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting?year=2017
Glennn

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 07:47 pm
@maporsche,
No. I never posted that source. And after going through samples from several pages, I have yet to see one incident in which the weapon was identified. So, why exactly did you post it?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 08:15 pm
@nononono,
are you suggesting #45 posts at a2k?

Quote:
8)No personal attacks on other members.
thack45

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 08:17 pm
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/3/32/Lol_no_no_no_cleveland_gif_family_guy.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130403020313
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 08:45 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Who's "#45"?

yeah

he needs to be reminded too

https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/guns-11.png
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:16 pm
Ex-Trump aide says he'll likely cooperate with Mueller after all
ehBeth

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:23 pm
@revelette1,
dang

twitter was full of peeps looking forward to him being arrested on the teeeeveeee

blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:57 pm
@farmerman,
Clearly his feelings have been damaged. We can only hope he has a loving family in this dire, dire time for him.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:58 pm
@Glennn,
I gave you a chance. We won't be talking further.
blatham

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:02 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
I thought a2k didn't allow "name calling"?
The rule here applies to members speaking with or about other members. It doesn't apply to people outside the community. For example, you might say that Charlie Manson was a dick and a psychopath whose breath possibly smelled like water buffalo piss. That would be fine.
0 Replies