monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:44 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
You and I have a moral/emotional response to Buchenwald, to rape, to torture, to cruelty.

No, you actually don't, Bernie or Finn or any of you. All you do is perpetually whine about how your poor little ox, conservative or "liberal", has been gored. No mention ever of the very recent US/UK/Canada/Australia/... war crimes against Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, ... .

You all are apparently totally devoid of moral/emotional responses other than the ones you all use to bleat.

You badmouth Russia, China or whoever else you are told to badmouth by rankest propagandists ever.

gungasnake posted an excellent article, which was voted down immediately. That is exactly how propaganda works. Keep your bullshit front and center and hide the truth.

The article describes the total ******* obvious. Had Russia really invaded Ukraine and overthrown the government, Russia would now have total control of the entire country.

Here, read it! [Just joking. You cowards aren't allowed outside your little sandbox!]

Quote:
Look, If Russia Wanted to Invade Ukraine, This Is What It Would Actually Look Like
And it would all be over in 24 hours

https://russia-insider.com/en/military/if-russia-attacked-ukies-army-would-cease-exist-within-24-hours/ri14424

You've just let Lash back in because some folks pointed out your childish behavior. Have a deep look inside, folks. You ain't at all pretty or fair or honest. You stroke each other like a bunch of catty junior high school girls/boys.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:45 pm
Thomas Friedman's 'Code Red' Warning About
President Donald Trump | The Last Word | MSNBC

0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 01:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
So now put your emotions to the side and tell me whose life is more valuable: a random child's or a random adult's? And why please.

A child has a longer potential life ahead of him than an adult, hence his life is more valuable than an adult's.

Why should I put anybody's emotions to the side in order to answer the question, I don't know... After all, to care for life and to assign a particular value to human life is an emotional thing... From a purely rational point of view, why care for a bunch of water, carbon and nitrogen?
Olivier5

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 01:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I note that you don't care to defend them NRA murderers anymore than Roger... You guys have your NRA card, right? Throw it away, for self-preservation sake.
Below viewing threshold (view)
roger

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 02:11 am
@oralloy,
I seem to recall him of accusing the NRA of selling "tools of murder", or some such. He was, and is, factually wrong. They have, on occasion, commissioned personalized firearms for presentation.

If he believes making the statement gives him points of some sort, that again tells us more about him than he probably wants us to know.
Olivier5

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 02:25 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I recall Roger questioning your untrue statements about the NRA.

Maybe in his mind he did, but on this board he didn't.

Quote:
You must know that Americans will never give up our freedom.

You're not free to get rids of all these millions of guns your nation hoards, and you're not free to get rid of the NRA either. You are their slaves, in fact.
roger

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 02:48 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Addiction to violence and tools for mass murder.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Olivier5

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 03:11 am
@oralloy,
You want to give lessons of freedom? Who do you think you are? Your nation and your own very brains have been rendered totally helpless in front of this problem. A bunch of capitalists are sacrificing your children to the almighty dollar god, and you stand on the side, watching. Helpless, clueless target practices, watching their kids die without lifting a finger... What have you done with your freedom?
blatham

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 03:21 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
insurance carriers and courts think they can
Yes, there are those situations where some cultures or institutions find a need to put a dollar value on someone's life. If one man kills another man's son, he must pay 4 goats. And if a man kills another man's wife, the liability is 1 chicken.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 03:28 am
@BillW,
Quote:
the Holocaust deniers
We've had our share of these folks up here in Canada and I expect that's the case in most or all countries.
blatham

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 03:31 am
The family values folks
Quote:
Republicans are fretting that a front-runner for an Arizona congressional seat — a married minister involved in a sexting scandal — will pull a Roy Moore and hand the seat to Democrats if he wins Tuesday’s special-election primary.

The seat vacated by former GOP Rep. Trent Franks — who resigned last December over his own sex scandal — should be an easy hold for Republicans.
politico
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 03:58 am
Hoaxes From All Over Department:

North Pole Warmer than Europe

The Sinking Coast

South Pole Ice Melt Accelerating

They time is rapidly approaching where our concerns over gun rights, Russian trolls, and tax cuts are going to seem rather trivial.

Olivier5

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 04:09 am
@roger,
What do you think they sell? Motherhood and apple pie?
blatham

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 04:21 am
@hightor,
Yes. And I'm OK with my inability to see into the future.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 04:29 am
Quote:
A federal environmental program that distributes grants to test the effects of chemical exposure on adults and children is being shuttered amidst a major organization consolidation at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

The National Center for Environmental Research (NCER) will no longer exist following plans to combine three EPA offices, the agency confirmed to The Hill Monday.
Hill

Winner of today's That's a Big ******* Surprise award
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 04:37 am
Rob Reiner interviews James Clapper and John Brennan on Russia's involvement in the last election and activities today.

0 Replies

hightor

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 04:39 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Hey you don't have an idea on a solution...fine, but it does diminish your authority to criticize others whether you think so or not.

So let me see if I've gotten this right; floating an unproven hypothesis bestows "authority"?
blatham

Tue 27 Feb, 2018 05:14 am
Quote:
Rachel R. Gonzalez
‏@RachelGonKCMO
Feb 25
Age in 1776:
Marquis de Lafayette, 18
James Monroe, 18
Henry Lee III, 20
Aaron Burr, 20
Nathan Hale, 21
Alexander Hamilton, 21

Just a bunch of kids, right? What do they know?
0 Replies