0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 07:18 pm
This sounds legit
Quote:
No collusion‏
@readonly8808
Replying to @dandrezner
the russias collusion is deepstate sharia fake news of the Mueller. Only real Americas here we vote for trump we use the coal. No collusion.
2:50 PM - 24 Feb 2018
farmerman

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 07:20 pm
@blatham,
sounds like gungasnake
camlok

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 07:39 pm
Quote:
oralboy,

That ought to get you suspended, Bill.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:03 pm
Image from a power point presentation titled REDMAP produced by the PA GOP. Link Here

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW0rcy5V4AAyZ1F.jpg:large
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:04 pm
@farmerman,
He was something else, that fella.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:27 pm
Charlie Kirk at CPAC
Quote:
"Do not give money to higher education. They are going to put that money directly to the destruction of western civilization—unless it's Hillsdale, Grove City."

So, that's a really special mind at work there. And what he's saying is so obvious because, as we all know, the most successful nations of the world are those which have no institutions of higher learning. Higher learning kills civilization. It happens all the time. Examples everywhere.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:45 pm
Bright, eloquent young man from Majory Stoneman Douglas High in Floriday, just tweeted to NRA supporters attacking him...

"We will outlive you"
blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 08:58 pm
to this from Dana Loesch...
Quote:
CNN‏Verified account
@CNN
NRA spokeswoman: "Many in legacy media love mass shootings. You guys love it... Crying white mothers are ratings gold to you..." http://cnn.it/2HEHiZF

we have this appropriate response
Quote:
David Simon
‏@AoDespair
Feb 23
More David Simon Retweeted CNN
As a reporter, I covered more than a thousand handgun fatalities and spent a full year following homicide detectives from scene to scene. Covered a mass shooting.

Did I love it?

**** you, you stupid, senseless, sociopathic, Moloch-worshipping mouthpiece for this American hell.
maporsche

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

If you care about the health of poor pre-schoolers and contribute to a candidate that you believe will do something about it, have you paid a bribe?

If so, then I agree the NRA pays bribes.

Here is an area where we agree Finn. Pretty much the only problem I have with political contributions that differ from current law is that some of them can be made anonymously. I’m not a fan of that at all. I think any marketing, talking points, political ads, etc should come with a “paid for by, in support of” disclaimer.

Also, I do struggle with how common normal folk compete with billion dollar companies in communication, but I haven’t been able to come to a logically sound position on what should be done there. This isn’t a problem except for super pac money which is anonymous.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:06 pm
@blatham,
Nice editing.

She also said

Quote:
I'm not saying that you love the tragedy.

Quote:
"And notice I said 'crying white mothers' because there are thousands of grieving black mothers in Chicago every weekend, and you don't see town halls for them, do you?"

I don't know who the hell David Simon is but he is a poster child for excessive emotional reactions.

A CNN pundit recently made the comment that we would not be talking about the FL shooting if it wasn't white kids who were killed. Apparently, she agrees with Loesch.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:10 pm
@maporsche,
Considering the fevered blowback that people have had to put up with from contributing to this or that cause, anonymous donations seems to be a good thing.

"Normal folk" can't compete with any organization that controls billions whether it be a corporation or a labor union. You or I find an organization which we feel will best express our views and we contribute. Horrible?
blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I don't know who the hell David Simon is but he is a poster child for excessive emotional reactions.
Quite so. A shrug would do the trick on these shootings.

And as a spokeswoman for the NRA, her sympathy for the black community brings a tear to my eye.
blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:49 pm
Just the best people
Quote:
Ryan Zinke, Donald Trump’s handpicked secretary of the Interior, has been caught hiding a financial interest in a firearms company.

Zinke did not disclose that he holds shares in PROOF Research Inc., a company from his home state of Montana. PROOF’s website notes that it manufactures “composite barrels, stocks, and complete rifles” at its Montana facility.

After being contacted by Huffpost, Zinke and PROOF revealed that Zinke owns 1,000 shares in the private company.

The holdings are not on the disclosure form that Zinke submitted to the Office of Government Ethics when he joined the Trump administration in January of 2017.

In his capacity as a member of the Cabinet, Zinke nonetheless had an official meeting with PROOF in April 2017. In that meeting he spoke to the company’s president and founder K.K. Jense and CEO Larry Murphy.

Zinke also met with the company’s lobbyist and director of research.

In the last year, PROOF received at least one government contract. PROOF was then paid $11.4 million from the Department of Defense for work on future weapon systems.

The Campaign Legal Center has filed a formal complaint with the Office of the Inspector General alleging that Zinke “appears to have violated a federal criminal conflict of interest law.”
Link Here
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:58 pm
Quote:
Stephanie Ruhle‏Verified account
@SRuhle
What is the real @NRA? Hint: it generates $300 million in annual revenue directly or indirectly from gun makers. #VelshiRuhle @MSNBC 1230pmET

And pays taxes on none of it. And LaPierre pulls down just shy of 1 million every years (possibly with bonuses on top of that).
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 09:58 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Bright, eloquent young man from Majory Stoneman Douglas High in Floriday, just tweeted to NRA supporters attacking him...

"We will outlive you"

Ain't that the truth.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:13 pm
Today's edition of Voices From The Right
Quote:
Bill Kristol
‏Verified account
@BillKristol
Feb 23
I’d take in a heartbeat a group of newly naturalized American citizens over the spoiled native-born know-nothings of CPAC, who today booed at the mention of citizenship naturalization ceremonies.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:26 pm
@blatham,
from that reactionary Finn wrote:

Quote:
Quite so. A shrug would do the trick on these shootings.

And as a spokeswoman for the NRA, her sympathy for the black community brings a tear to my eye.

I know who David Simon is, he was a reporter for the Baltimore Sun Papers and spent 12 months assigned to Baltimore City Homicide, accompanied the detectives to murder scenes and gathered information about how detectives went about investigating and solving homicides. After that, he wrote "Homicide, Life on the Streets" which was a flaming success and then turned into a Television Series by the same name. After that came 'the Corner' which is too stark for the lily livered and then "The Wire".

I wonder how many raped and mutilated children Finn has observed in the course of his duties? Probably not any where near the number that David saw while embedded with Baltimore Homicide. Only a complete asshole would say that David Simon is "a poster child for excessive emotional reaction" He would have bailed if he was weak,, but he stuck it out, and not because he could look at carnage and not care, but because he wanted to tell the story. I got that book as a present from my brother who collaborated with Simon...I didn't know about it until I started to read, and I read for 10 solid hours and finally fell asleep with 40 more pages to be read. As soon was I woke up I finished the book and started to read it again.

Emotional? Not unless you count furious as emotiu0nal. No...he's not emotional...he just gets pissed that a few dopes think that murder is no more serious than a ******* fender bender.
blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:29 pm
Well, good for Mona Charen!
Quote:
The audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) responded angrily to conservative writer Mona Charen Saturday afternoon when she called out Republicans for embracing accused sexual harassers including failed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore and President Donald Trump.

“I’m disappointed in people on our side for being hypocrites about sexual harassers and abusers of women who are in our party, who are sitting in the White House, who brag about their extra-marital affairs, who brag about mistreating women,” Charen said. “And because he has an R after his name, we look the other way, we don’t complain.”

Charen, who works at the Ethics and Public Policy Center and writes a column for the National Review, was cut off by booing and shouts from the angry crowd, who yelled out “Not true,” “Prove it,” and “It’s a witch hunt.”
TPM
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 24 Feb, 2018 10:51 pm
@glitterbag,
I should have recognized the name! And he's a smart fellow. Thank you!