monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 02:01 pm
@BillW,
Gotcha.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 02:04 pm
I see Trump is attacking Oprah Winfrey. I'm not sure that's a smart move. There's the obvious reasons: she's female and she's African American.

I think the more dangerous aspect here is that he is setting himself up against someone much slimmer.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 02:17 pm
@McGentrix,
"Growing up" would entail...? Easy rejection of the opinions of conservative political scholars? Improper use of quotes? You'll have to fill me in, McG
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 02:24 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy;
Quote:

Neither I nor anyone else of my group wants to harm anyone.

It doesn't seem to bother you that they kill them en masse.
revelette1

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 03:56 pm
Mueller's interest in Kushner grows to include foreign financing efforts (CNN)

Quote:
Special counsel Robert Mueller's interest in Jared Kushner has expanded beyond his contacts with Russia and now includes his efforts to secure financing for his company from foreign investors during the presidential transition, according to people familiar with the inquiry.

This is the first indication that Mueller is exploring Kushner's discussions with potential non-Russian foreign investors, including in China.

US officials briefed on the probe had told CNN in May that points of focus related to Kushner, the White House senior adviser and son-in-law of President Donald Trump, included the Trump campaign's 2016 data analytics operation, his relationship with former national security adviser Michael Flynn, and Kushner's own contacts with Russians.

Mueller's investigators have been asking questions, including during interviews in January and February, about Kushner's conversations during the transition to shore up financing for 666 Fifth Avenue, a Kushner Companies-backed New York City office building reeling from financial troubles, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:00 pm
@revelette1,
US officials briefed on the probe

Translation: Democrats
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:01 pm
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/02/26/trumps-miss-universe-gambit

entertaining and interesting read
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

oralloy;
Quote:

Neither I nor anyone else of my group wants to harm anyone.

It doesn't seem to bother you that they kill them en masse.

So, there is a group out there who not only desires to kill people en masse but actually does it?

If so, oh savant, tell us who they are and we can deal with them.

But of course, you mean the group of people who don't ascribe to your opinion on gun control.

Any other idiotic contributions?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:23 pm
Friday afternoon book signings at CPAC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWbvJPrUMAE7n25.jpg:large

__

since I'm in a CPAC frame of mind
here's something to consider

__

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/postcard_from_a_coal_mine_cpac_2018.html

Quote:
The unconventional and untraditional types pose another challenge to the conservative movement. Whether we call these libertarians, nihilists, pure individualists, or anarchists, the reality is that they are not conservative. They are no friends to morality, antiquity, precedent, or decency. They want most of all to have fun and feel good. They have joined the conservative movement because in institutions controlled by the left, the political camp that attacks the left offers them the fewest rules and the most opportunities to let their hair down and have a good time. Unfortunately, this libertine square provides the bulk of support for conservative causes among the young.

Quote:
The unconventional traditionalists, I believe, constitute the lion's share of the Christian rank and file and Trump voters. But we – I count myself among them – cannot fool ourselves that bons vivants or grant-starved bowtie-wearers want us at their shindigs. For now, the Milo fanboys and Harvard graduates have joined ranks against us and made a separate truce with the left, brokered by the gays. We were the canaries in the coal mine; we sniffed the gas and fell by the wayside. What happens to the rest of the conservative movement is anyone's guess.

bless them all
Leadfoot

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Until that fact can help someone get elected or shift control of a branch of government to another party Americans will not learn about it. The MSM won't cover it and the politicians won't bring it up.

Yeah, but not that I like it that way, but I have to wonder how J.Q. Public would react if both politicians and the MSM both spoke the absolute truth. As per that line in 'A Few Good Men', could they handle the truth?

For example, the truth is, there is nothing Washington can do to protect our citizens from "terrorism" in all its forms. Period. How do you think people would react to them admitting that?

(not that that's going to ever happen)
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:44 pm
@Leadfoot,
Let's try and get them to tell us the truth before we wonder how we might react to it.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Futile
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:55 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
For example, the truth is, there is nothing Washington can do to protect our citizens from "terrorism" in all its forms. Period.

There is, or at least there was. Had the US not been engaged in terrorism against ME countries since the 1920s, there would be no terrorism today.

Most of the terrorism today is still US terrorism against other countries.

There is an excellent possibility that the "terrorist" acts that have occurred in the US have been Operation Gladio type attacks.

The big one, 9/11/2001, was not a terrorist attack from without, hard science [molten/vaporized WTC steel] and hard evidence [zero evidence for any hijackers] tells us that.
Leadfoot

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 05:55 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
It does not justify US citizens or politicians permitting or remaining inactive in the face of such an attack from another nation.

Oh I agree, but I'd like us to be honest about what it says about us - that is, most people get their information about politics from FB, Twitter, and our chosen misinformation channel.

What 'action' do you think U.S. citizens will take? I'm betting it isn't to actually educate themselves.
Leadfoot

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 06:01 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Broward County Sheriff to officials
Quote:

'If you wanna keep the gun laws as they are now, you will not get re-elected'

Duh, sounds like he's running for reelection already, riding the wave of emotion of the moment
As horrible an event as it was, the clamor will probably die down in a few months at most.
maporsche

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 06:06 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

As horrible an event as it was, the clamor will probably die down in a few months at most.

I think you're right.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 06:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Let's try and get them to tell us the truth before we wonder how we might react to it.

As you said, Futile.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 08:35 pm
Quote:
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
13m13 minutes ago

.@MittRomney has announced he is running for the Senate from the wonderful State of Utah. He will make a great Senator and worthy successor to @OrrinHatch, and has my full support and endorsement!
farmerman

Mon 19 Feb, 2018 09:52 pm
@ehBeth,
there goes Mitts career.
0 Replies