monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 09:37 am
@Lash,
I'm not wasting time. You refuse to accept the truth. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the architecture of the NHS. It's the most efficient cost effective system in the world. When you say it's not you're lying. There's nothing wrong with the system, it's the funding.

It's not a question of semantics, it's a question of you lying.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 09:39 am
@revelette1,
Such a horrible crowd of individuals. Those of us who have read about Nixon's White House likely did not imagine a future WH far, far more degraded and corrupt.
blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 09:49 am
Quote:
Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, one of Porter’s previous employers, told the Daily Mail that the allegations against Porter came from “character assassins.”

“It’s incredibly discouraging to see such a vile attack on such a decent man,” Hatch said. “Shame on any publication that would print this — and shame on the politically motivated, morally bankrupt character assassins that would attempt to sully a man’s good name.”
intercept

But Hatch, a man of high integrity and moral standards, said the same thing about Harvey Weinstein's accusers. And as we'll recall, he went to the carpet defending Al Franken.

0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 09:55 am
The number of athletes from North Korea attending the winter games will be 1/10th of the number of NK cheerleaders attending.

But on the other hand, NK citizens who enjoy big military parades with tanks and rockets and phalanx after phalanx of goose-steppers AND who clap when the Great Leader speaks are all patriots who love their country and its great military.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 09:57 am
@blatham,
I was around eight years old when Nixon resigned, never bothered to read up on it; all I know is what is generally known and talked about. Never even watched a movie about it though I think there was one.
revelette1

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:02 am

Quote:

New Fox News FBI text pseudo-scandal falls apart on Outnumbered

HARRIS FAULKNER (CO-HOST): And so now we know that also some texts blasting the election of Donald Trump, those two. And in one November 2016 message, Lisa Page texted ominously about quote "our task ahead of us." President Trump today tweeted that the new FBI texts are bombshells. Are they, Charlie?

CHARLES HURT: Oh yes, definitely. I mean, aside from the fact --

FAULKNER: Not to put you on the spot with the president.

HURT: And by the way, as a Virginian, I apparently --

LISA BOOTHE (CO-HOST): Hey, I'm a Virginian too.

FAULKNER: I got family there. I love a hillbilly.

HURT: Yeah, so as an ignorant hillbilly, I find these things to be absolutely astonishing. But, I mean, aside from the fact that they read like some sort of -- some Spanish novella soap opera that is just unbelievable that people are actually talking like this. Saying all this stuff. It is terrifying. And it does go to the -- and people who are talking about it, they're not attacking the law enforcement, the FBI, they care about the FBI, they care about this institution, they care about constitutional rights. And the idea that you would have -- that one email about the president, involving the president, the president has clearly stated, he told Chris Wallace in no uncertain terms that he does not get involved in particular cases. And for him to -- that email raises serious questions that President Obama should have to answer.

[...]

MARIE HARF (CO-HOST): So I think there's a timing issue here. That text message was sent in September, the Clinton investigation was actually closed in July. And --

HURT: But it doesn't --

HARF: Wait, wait, let me finish Charlie, let me finish. And three days after that text message was sent President Obama was meeting with [Russian] President [Vladimir] Putin in China so it is as likely that they were talking about the Russia investigation and not about the Clinton investigation. There's nothing to indicate it with the Clinton matter and there's a lot of evidence --

FAULKNER: That might be a leap too far. I mean the president was offering to reset things when he got back in office. We don't know what they were talking about with regard to Putin and Obama.

HARF: But that text message was talking about something they were working on --

HURT: But either way, the president lied to Chris Wallace --

HARF: That is absolutely not true. The Clinton investigation closed in July, this text message was sent three weeks later.

[...]

HARF: I'm just saying we cannot make the leap from that text message that Barack Obama was getting briefed on the Clinton investigation. He had every -- from a national security perspective, he had every right to be briefed about the Russia investigation. In fact, he was raising it with Putin three days later.

[...]

HURT: But either way he did lie to Chris Wallace in his interview.

HARF: That's a really strong accusation of say a president lied with no evidence, Charlie. I like ya, man, but I don't think we can go there.

video at MM
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:03 am
@revelette1,
George W. Bush says ‘there’s pretty clear evidence’ that Russia meddled in U.S. election
Quote:
Former president George W. Bush said he believes Russia meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, departing from President Trump, who has been skeptical of intelligence agencies’ findings that the Kremlin had interfered to help him win.

“There’s pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled. Whether they affected the outcome is another question,” the 43rd president said at a summit in Abu Dhabi on Thursday. He added: “It’s problematic that a foreign nation is involved in our election system. Our democracy is only as good as people trust the results.”

... ... ...
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:03 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I was around eight years old when Nixon resigned, never bothered to read up on it; all I know is what is generally known and talked about. Never even watched a movie about it though I think there was one.

This is what you look like when you say duh.
Take care when you insult the knowledge/intelligence of other people..
Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:10 am
Such a dipshit
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
In the “old days,” when good news was reported, the Stock Market would go up. Today, when good news is reported, the Stock Market goes down. Big mistake, and we have so much good (great) news about the economy!
6:59 AM - Feb 7, 2018

Not predictable or anything.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:17 am
Quote:
i24NEWS English
‏Verified account
@i24NEWS_EN
#BREAKING: Israeli police chiefs have decided to recommend indicting PM Benjamin Netanyahu for corruption, Israeli media report

and from Ha'aretz
Quote:
The head of the government coalition, MK David Amsalem (Likud), called Police Commissioner Roni Alsheich "smug" following Alsheikh's comments that powerful forces had collected material about police investigators working on the Netanyahu files. “The target has been marked,” said Amsalem, in comments to Uvda, Channel 2’s current affairs program. His remarks come days before Israeli police are expected to issue their recommendation whether the prime minister should be charged in relation to two ongoing corruption investigations into the prime minister.

“This is an attempted coup by the police. They see the Prime Minister as a personal enemy and are trying to topple him.”

Sound at all familiar?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:29 am
@revelette1,
All The President's Men is an exceptional movie that still stands up very well. I just watched it again several weeks ago. And the book, The Palace Guard is a fine resource.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:48 am
Quote:
GOP
@GOP
The Weinstein scandal put Hollywood’s hypocrisy in broad daylight. RT if you agree the DNC should return his donations.
6:45 AM - Oct 9, 2017

Quote:
GOP
@GOP
Still no word from DNC on returning all of Harvey Weinstein's donations...
2:46 PM - Oct 10, 2017

But then again...
Quote:
Rebecca Ballhaus‏Verified account
@rebeccaballhaus
RNC spokesman says Wynn stepping down as CEO doesn’t change party’s decision not to return his donations unless a board investigation finds him guilty of wrongdoing. Wynn gave $375K to RNC late last year

That amount of money isn't important. They could call up any number of big money sources and replace it within an hour.

What is important is that Wynn, as a big money fund-raiser, is far more closely connected with the Republican party than Weinstein was with the Democrats. That and what I mentioned earlier as SOP for these people - Never admit your'e wrong. Never give an inch. Do or say nothing that might support a negative narrative about you/party. Always, always, always just attack. That is the game here.

Highly principled, don't you agree.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:54 am
Ya don't say:

Quote:
Uranium One informant says Moscow paid millions in bid to influence Clinton

An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the statement obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton.

“The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months. APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear Cooperation agreement."

APCO officials told The Hill that its support for the Clinton Global Initiative and its work with Russia were not connected in any way.

In addition to his written statement, Campbell on Wednesday was interviewed for several hours behind closed doors by staff from both parties on the Senate Judiciary, the House Intelligence and the House Oversight and Government Reform committees.

Campbell also said he asked his FBI handlers why the U.S. was not more aggressive. "I expressed these concerns repeatedly to my FBI handlers. The response I got was that politics was somehow involved,” he stated.

The FBI found Campbell’s undercover work valuable enough to reward him with a $50,000 check in 2016. “My FBI handlers praised my work. They told me on various occasions that details from the undercover probe had been briefed directly to FBI top officials. On two occasions my handlers were particularly excited, claiming that my undercover work had been briefed to President Obama as part of his daily presidential briefing,” he said.

The Hill’s stories last fall prompted the Justice Department to take the rare step of freeing Campbell from his nondisclosure agreement as an intelligence asset so he could testify to Congress about what he witnessed inside Russia’s nuclear industry.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372861-uranium-one-informant-makes-clinton-allegations-in-testimony

So, then, the FBI RELEASED this guy from his non-disclosure agreement AND paid him $50,000, eh? Sounds like the FBI is conspiring with Trump to frame Clinton, don't it?
blatham

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 10:55 am
The traitorous neglect of the military in the US.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVhwIKEW0AA2O4p.jpg
layman

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 11:15 am
Nice try, Nancy "nattering nihilist" Pelosi:

Quote:
Pelosi’s marathon speech doesn’t calm Dem discontent over DACA

Top Democrats said Wednesday that they weren't corralling rank-and-file lawmakers to oppose the budget pact, leading some of the party's immigration advocates to question the forcefulness of Pelosi’s opposition.

Pelosi, who has been the top House Democrat for roughly 16 years, is under intense pressure from the Democrats’ liberal wing to protect the dreamers -- as well as preside over enough Democratic victories in the 2018 midterms for the party to take control of the lower chamber.

Pelosi, who has been the top House Democrat for roughly 16 years, is under intense pressure from the Democrats’ liberal wing to protect the dreamers -- as well as preside over enough Democratic victories in the 2018 midterms for the party to take control of the lower chamber.

The fresh threats exposed deepening divisions within a Democratic Party struggling to address a liberal priority in Republican-controlled Washington.

"I'm not a loyal Democrat," Linda Sarsour, a controversial and far-left political activist who co-chaired the 2017 Women's March, declared during a fiery rally near Capitol Hill. "We will be joining primaries this year and we will primary Democrats who did not have the spine or the courage to stand up for our undocumented family."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/08/pelosi-s-marathon-speech-doesn-t-calm-dem-discontent-over-daca.html

Quote:
The activists who filled a Washington church Wednesday, like liberal leaders nationwide, called out Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer for failing to attach immigration legislation to a must-pass bill like the budget deal.

"What are they thinking? They're giving up their leverage," asked Angel Padilla, policy director for the liberal group Indivisible.

"Their leverage," eh? Who is "they?" 600,000 Mexican citizens who want to destroy the government's ability to function if U.S. law is not changed to grant their DEMANDS, that "them?"

I don't think so!

Homey don't play dat.
layman

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 11:32 am
@layman,
You won't have a name when you ride that big airplane...all they will call you will be "deportee."

0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 11:41 am
@blatham,
This sounds like the situation the British Empire was in prior to WW1. The size of the navy had to be bigger than the next two largest navies combined. The only winners were shipbuilders and arms manufacturers. Everyone else loses out, health, social care, education, infrastructure, everything else.
Lash

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 12:05 pm
@layman,
I read that this morning.

1. I hope Douglas Campbell doesn’t get suddenly suicidal or drop a barbell on his neck.

2. Wouldn’t it be an incredible moment if that woman and her corrupt web of enablers is finally held accountable?

There was Russian collusion. They always say the smartest way to avoid getting caught in a lie, is accuse someone else of what you did.

Interested to see if the case can keep this witness alive.
layman

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 12:39 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Attorney for Uranium One Informant: Clintons 'Can Attack All They Want,' My Client Has the Truth

In a story first reported by The Hill, Douglas Campbell informed three congressional committees that Moscow hired APCO Worldwide to "provide in-kind support for the Clintons’ Global Initiative." The information came from Russian nuclear officials, Campbell said.

Campbell's attorney, Victoria Toensing, said on "America's Newsroom" Thursday that APCO is a firm "with all kinds of former Clinton staffers on it" and was paid $3 million.

In response, Hillary Clinton's spokesman Nick Merrill dismissed the new report as a "charade."

"He came out because he thought he was dying from cancer and he wanted his story to be told. ... They can go attack all they want to. He's got the truth, he's got briefings, the FBI has all kinds of videotapes," she said.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/08/attorney-uranium-one-informant-clintons-can-attack-all-they-want-my-client-has-truth
0 Replies