@hightor,
I know you have.

Here's an idea: "Unintentional Illegal Immigrants"

That's what they are
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe you need the extended edition of the comic, because you're still not quite getting it:

I'll have a hard time believing that after considering every panel of this comic, you can't see the point trying to be made here.

http://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/20160707_allhousesredux.png
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:26 pm
@maporsche,
Nope, still vapid
Real Music

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:29 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
There is a difference between focus and exclusion Finn. To focus on Black lives does not mean to exclude all other lives. To change it to "all lives" is to deny that there needs to be a focus on the challenges black people are facing.

I agree. I couldn't have said it any better.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Nope, still vapid

So you're denying that there are problems with how blacks (and other minorities) are treated by our criminal justice system.

That's the only way I'm able to make sense of your flippant comments regarding this.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:32 pm
@maporsche,
You can wallpaper this forum with you insipid little comics and I won't get it because it is idiotic.

All lives matter doesn't mean "that we should care exactly equally at all times about everything."

Baldimo

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:41 pm
@maporsche,
More white people are killed by cops than black people, yet black lives matter. If the problem is police brutality and specifically the police killing people in shootings, then "all lives matter" would be the correct theme. Pointing out only black people being shot is exactly like watering the house that is not on fire instead of the house that is on fire, address total police brutality and not just for one specific group. When police shoot an unarmed white man, BLM should be all over it, but they are silent unless the person being shot is black. It won't fix what you and them see as a problem with all them police being racist.
maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

All lives matter doesn't mean "that we should care exactly equally at all times about everything."

What does it mean then Finn, as it relates as a response to "Black Lives Matter"?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:42 pm
@maporsche,
I can't account for your cognitive deficits, but please spare me your woke pomposity

Find a single post in this forum where I have denied that minorities have had unequal treatment in our criminal justice system. Let me save you the time...you won't, but you are welcome to try.

What you and thack and your fellows want to ignore is that the slogan was coined at the same time that members of BLM marched through the streets very explicitly calling for the murder of cops and guess what? A bunch across the nation were in fact murdered in some sort of sick concept of retaliation.

Did the heinous acts represent the entire BLM movement? No, but it's absurd to think that they wouldn't affect public opinion. And you know what the expression of that public opinion was?

All Lives Matter

OMG - It's exactly the slogan of the KKK and American Nazi Party!

maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
When you respond to "black lives matter" with "all lives matter" WHAT is the message that you personally are trying to send?

What it sounds like to me (and I've never used such a term as 'woke', I had to urban dictionary that phrase, I find it pompous too)...is that you're saying to that person something along the lines of "yes, you have problems but I have problems too and they're important as well...implicitly equally important because I'm not willing to comment/agree on how unfair you're also being treated or maybe even admit that you're being treated more unfairly than I am".

So, my cognitive deficits notwithstanding, I'm asking you specifically what you mean when you repeat that phrase in response to BLM. You have a choice to have a conversation with me about it, or not.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:05 pm
@maporsche,
What I mean is that All Lives Matter...how tough is that to understand?

I include members of all races in that statement.

The only time I've had a problem with the BLM slogan is when they have gone ballistic on someone who says what every single person on earth should believe: All Lives Matter; and that's when I repeat the phrase.

To say ALM is not to deny BLM, but in our current environment, every little group is ready to fight at the drop of a hat.

Are there some people who declare ALM who are bigots? I'm sure there are just as I'm sure that some who declare BLM are bigots as well (Yes Virginia a black person can be a racist). Are you comfortable with assigning the label to one whole group and not the other? I'm not.

We are in an Orwellian age of rhetorical tyranny.

All Lives Matter

Americans are dreamers too.

That so many people want to consider these phrases of a heinous ideology is insane.

Sorry, but I will never cave to any demand that I speak right.

camlok

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That was one of the best 180 degree turns from maporsche's question, "What does it mean then Finn, as it relates as a response to "Black Lives Matter"?" I have ever seen, Finn.

Not quite masterful, that's not the right word - more like highly deceptive.
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
More white people are killed by cops than black people, yet black lives matter. If the problem is police brutality and specifically the police killing people in shootings, then "all lives matter" would be the correct theme. Pointing out only black people being shot is exactly like watering the house that is not on fire instead of the house that is on fire, address total police brutality and not just for one specific group. When police shoot an unarmed white man, BLM should be all over it, but they are silent unless the person being shot is black. It won't fix what you and them see as a problem with all them police being racist.

Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.ac3e37e8af69
layman

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:20 pm
I think I can settle this "matter" matter, eh? Looky here. It's kinda like this, see:

I matter, punk, you don't.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:26 pm
@Real Music,
Why don't they start with a population consisting of perps pointing a gun at cops instead of the ENTIRE population, I wonder?
layman

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:29 pm
@layman,
Or unarmed people shot by police on a per confrontation basis, maybe, ya know? As I recall, more unarmed whites are shot by cops on that basis than blacks, eh?

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:29 pm
The FBI’s extraordinary public rebuke of the Nunes memo — and President Trump
Quote:
[...]
In a statement sent to reporters, the FBI says it has “grave concerns” about the memo, suggesting it omits key facts and is thus rendered inaccurate.

“As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about the material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy,’’ the FBI said.

The phrasing is as diplomatic as you'd expect from government bureaucracy, but let's be clear: The FBI is essentially labeling this a partisan document that uses lies to undermine law enforcement. And by extension, it's accusing the White House of abdicating its responsibility to the American people by releasing it. The memo, which relies upon classified information, alleges surveillance abuses against Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and was drafted by staffers to House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.).

... ... ...
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
EXTRAORDINARY!

A governmental institution does want to reveal corruption at it's highest levels

EXTRAORDINARY!
Real Music

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:36 pm
The Problem With All Lives Matter

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 02:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It really is amusing how since Trump was elected lefties all found love for the FBI, CIA & NSA Smile