monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 10:44 am
@hightor,
Fulminating over what it might contain is a waste of anyone's time...

Resident rightists?

All 3 of them? (george and baldimo only visit from time to time)

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 10:56 am
Best line of the night

"Americans are dreamers too."

https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s715x378/2018/31/2960cc58-268a-4dfc-8143-cbb46ea9f1c6.jpg
hightor

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 11:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
All 3 of them?

Since there are more than one, I don't see why my use of the plural is objectionable. If you would rather I used another term, like "Trump supporters" or "stalwart Republicans", let me know what is more acceptable.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 11:01 am
@hightor,
Use whatever pronoun you prefer
camlok

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 11:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Best line of the night

"Americans are dreamers too."

They keep on dreaming that their country is a good, decent country when the record illustrates it was all a gigantic lie/rank propaganda.

Still you love the rankest propaganda ever shoveled.
0 Replies

thack45

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:20 pm
"Americans are dreamers too" is a very all-lives-matter thing to say. It's dismissive, without substance, and panders to simpletons who can't be bothered by the part of the country that, in their hearts, their treasured idol of a flag doesn't really represent
Baldimo

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:26 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
Americans are dreamers too" is a very all-lives-matter thing to say.

Is that because it doesn't break down Americans into the subgroups of identity politics, which is favored by the DNC? Not enough divide and conquer for ya?

Quote:
It's dismissive, without substance, and panders to simpletons who can't be bothered by the part of the country that, in their hearts, their treasured idol of a flag doesn't really represent

It's dismissive of illegal immigrants who the DNC put ahead of the American people when they voted for their failed govt shutdown. It actually panders to the real Americans the DNC has pushed aside in favor of non-citizens.

Who doesn't the flag represent, illegal immigrants who claim to love the US?
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:44 pm
@Builder,
Are you the individual who was a strong Bernie Sanders supporter?
0 Replies

thack45

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:44 pm
I think that asking who the flag represents, rather than what, is quite demonstrative of what the US flag represents at the moment.
Below viewing threshold (view)
BillW

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:54 pm
Just coming out, White House authored, or at minimum advised on Devin Nunes memo. This then becomes more evidence against tRump. Lock him up!

I would also think that Nunes is in serious criminal jeopardy also. Being a direct pissant lackey of tRump is totally criminal. Lock him up!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:05 pm
@thack45,
You framed the issue in such a manner. Now you want to sneer at someone who turns it back on you?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:11 pm
Trite Gowdy has announced he will not seek reelection, DRINKS ARE ON ME 🍹🍺🥂
hightor

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:12 pm
F.B.I. Condemns Republicans’ Move to Release Secret Memo

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, clashed publicly with the president for the first time on Wednesday, condemning a push by House Republicans to release a secret memo that purports to show how the bureau and the Justice Department abused their authorities to obtain a warrant to spy on a former Trump campaign adviser.

The “F.B.I. was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the bureau said in a statement. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

(...)

The president’s stance puts him at odds with much of his national security establishment. The Justice Department has warned repeatedly that the memo, prepared by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee, is misleading and that its release would set a bad precedent for making government secrets public. F.B.I. officials have said privately that the president is prioritizing politics over national security and is putting the bureau’s reputation at risk. (...)

NYT
Baldimo

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:13 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
I think that asking who the flag represents, rather than what, is quite demonstrative of what the US flag represents at the moment.

I honestly don't think you actually understand who or what the flag represents anyways. Aren't you part of the group who claims "it's just a piece of cloth"?
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What's wrong with All-Lives-Matter?

Someone's house is burning down -> don't worry about putting it out, all houses matter.

Someone in Texas has ebola -> don't worry about ebola, all diseases matter.

Someone has died and family is in mourning -> explain to them how you too have felt loss

There is a difference between focus and exclusion Finn. To focus on Black lives does not mean to exclude all other lives. To change it to "all lives" is to deny that there needs to be a focus on the challenges black people are facing.

As someone else has said:
Quote:
To say that Black lives matter is not to say that other lives do not; indeed, it is quite the reverse—it is to recognize that all lives do matter, and to acknowledge that African Americans are often targeted unfairly (witness the number of African Americans accosted daily for no reason other than walking through a White neighborhood—including some, like young Trayvon Martin, who lost their lives) and that our society is not yet so advanced as to have become truly color blind. This means that many people of goodwill face the hard task of recognizing that these societal ills continue to exist, and that White privilege continues to exist, even though we wish it didn’t and would not have asked for it. I certainly agree that no loving God would judge anyone by skin color.
hightor

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Coining the term "Dreamers" to describe a group of illegal immigrants was an obvious ploy that one could as easily suggest pandered to simpletons

I've complained about this before. It's nothing more than marketing. And the weird thing is, I've usually heard "dreamer" used in a slightly pejorative manner — impractical no-accounts with their heads in the clouds. Not characteristics which would recommend people for citizenship. Let's give these guys a new brand name that describes their situation more accurately. I'm working on it..
maporsche

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe you prefer an example in comic form (everyone learns differently).

http://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/20141204-patreon-590x210.png
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 31 Jan, 2018 01:23 pm
@maporsche,
I will shout it to the rooftops: All Lives Matter!

I will also shout to the rooftops Black Lives Matter, Yellow Lives Matter, Brown Lives Matter and Red Lives Matter.

Whoever said the following makes my point.

Quote:
To say that Black lives matter is not to say that other lives do not; indeed, it is quite the reverse—it is to recognize that all lives do matter

The problem here is that a certain group adopted a slogan that every woke person in America is required to defend. If one, quite reasonably, argues that all lives matter, it is perforce (according to said woke population) an admission that you don't give a damn about black lives.

Numerous Dems made the huge mistake of declaring that all lives matter and the woke out there went for their throats and made the craven clowns apologize.

BTW - Your three analogies are vapid.