monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Baldimo

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Really, that law enforcement activities 101? When there was no proof of a crime in the first place and you can't find proof of a crime, you keep looking until you do?
revelette1

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:15 pm
@Baldimo,
It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Wait until Mueller gives his findings at the end of it all.

What we do have is a lot evidence of back and forth between various Russians connected to the Russian government and the Trump campaign team. Whether that amounts to criminal activity we don't know yet. As for Trump and his gang of liars, they simply lied repeatedly over this Russian stuff, sometimes to the FBI and other times to the press. Trump has interfered with FBI investigation of this Russia stuff and what amounts to witness tampering and conspiracy to lie. Again, the question is why?
Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Not so, it is all there on the internet, search it out. You need to get out of your bubble of right wing 'news'.
MontereyJack

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:26 pm
@revelette1,
Rev's right.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Really, that law enforcement activities 101? When there was no proof of a crime in the first place and you can't find proof of a crime, you keep looking until you do?
Well, I thought, Muller was appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice (DOJ).
I must have missed that he lost his job.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:47 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
You're playing dumb, Walt.
That how "investigations" work, eh, Walt?
[...]
I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.
I'm not playing dumb but I really am dumb ... how investigations work in the USA.

Thanks for educating me.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:58 pm
@Lash,
No, I've always had the special place in g-bag's heart.

PS: Can't help but be charming...it's the Irish blood flowing through me veins.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 01:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, if a German defense lawyer agrees with me, I must be right!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 02:28 pm
Turkey has said it will extend its incursion in Syria to the town of Manbij, taking its forces to the edge of the US-backed Kurdish presence in the country’s north-east.
Since Erdoğan vows to ‘thwart’ Kurdish opposition there, this might (will?) force some reaction by the US.(About 2,000 US forces are stationed in the area.)
ehBeth

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 02:46 pm
Quote:
Bill Kristol

1h1 hour ago

That was a hell of a pro-Clinton conspiracy the Obama Administration, Comey and the FBI we’re engaged in, which culminated in Comey tipping the election ten days out...to Trump.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 03:15 pm
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/24/16929564/oregon-medicaid-expansion-vote-mississippi-west-virginia-opioids-voxcare

Quote:
Last spring, Oregon legislators were weighing the idea of ending their Medicaid expansion to close a growing hole in the state budget. This would have made Oregon the first state in the country to back out of the Affordable Care Act program expanding coverage to millions of low-income Americans.

Instead, the state ended up doing something different: Voters approved Tuesday a tax on hospitals and health insurance plans to continue the Medicaid expansion’s financing. The tax could raise as much as $320 million over two years. This is the first such measure approved by voters anywhere in the country. But it’s also the second time that the Medicaid expansion has won at the polls: Maine voters in November overwhelmingly supported bringing the Medicaid expansion to their state.

I’ll be curious to see if any other states follow in Oregon’s footsteps. I haven’t heard any rumblings about financing challenges for the Medicaid expansion elsewhere. Most Medicaid expansions appear to rely on general revenues rather than dedicated taxes. But this measure’s success in Oregon may catch the eye of other states with difficult budget situations as a way to bring in additional revenue.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 04:26 pm
John Kerry of Vietnam...Traitor!

Tells the Palestinians that Trump won't be president for long and that they should stay strong and hold on.

Disgraceful!