monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillW

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 05:42 pm
BREAKING NEWS:

tRump says he is to be interrogated by Mueller in 2 to 3 weeks and he is looking forward to it. Yeah, right; we'll see....... He'll change his decision as often as the wind changes - Mr Flip-Flopper in Charge.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 07:13 pm
Trump Says He Supports a Path to Citizenship for ‘Dreamers’
NYT
thack45

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 07:21 pm
@hightor,
Trump says a lot of things..
roger

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 07:30 pm
@thack45,
Yeah, and different every day!
0 Replies

layman

Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:12 pm
Surprise, surprise. The DOJ says it is going to leave no stone unturned in finding the "missing" phone texts, and what happens?

Quote:
DOJ has started recovering missing FBI texts

Fox News’ Sean Hannity said Wednesday night on “Hannity” that the Justice Department has started recovering some of the missing texts between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, citing DOJ sources.

Federal law enforcement officials had notified congressional committees that a technical glitch affected thousands of FBI cellphones between Dec. 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017. This meant that 5 months’ worth of texts would be missing from Strzok and Page.

The missing messages have caused problems for the Justice Department. Inspector General Michael Horowitz said on Dec. 13 that it had all the messages between Strzok and Page between Nov. 30, 2016, and July 28, 2017.

Lawmakers later learned of the five-month gap. The lawmakers said they wanted the IG's office to "reconcile" those two points.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/24/hannity-doj-has-started-recovering-missing-fbi-texts-doj-sources-say.html

Where were they hidden between December 13 and today, I wonder?

BillW

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 01:04 am
For all tRumpians (especially tRump himself):

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/82/54/62/8254622af832e409bbf90e110760151e--marriage-humor-quotes-sign-quotes.jpg
Builder

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 01:37 am
@layman,
Quote:
The DOJ says it is going to leave no stone unturned in finding the "missing" phone texts, and what happens?

More details on why the texts were "hidden"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKcMtfwX2tw
hightor

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 06:04 am
This article reviews the facts around the Russia investigation — it's sometimes helpful to see it all in perspective.

Seeing Through the Fog in the Mueller Russia Probe

Quote:
What is signal and what is noise in the news and developments coming out of the Russia investigation led by Robert Mueller, the special counsel? President Trump said Wednesday he would “love to” testify under oath in the investigation. As Mr. Mueller lines up the president for an interview, the issue of obstruction of justice will take center stage.

Donald Trump and officials of the 2016 Trump campaign have established a clear pattern of lying to the media. More important for the law on obstruction, they have also either approached or crossed right over the line of lying to federal authorities.

Giving false statements to the media is not a crime. But lying to federal authorities can land people in jail.

NYT
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 06:14 am
Clients: Bannon, Priebus, McGahn
Quote:
Bannon lawyer juggles clients, risks conflicts in Russia probe
Politico

Ya think?
hightor

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 06:24 am
@Builder,
Quote:
More details on why the texts were "hidden"

More like right-wing talking points provided by John Cardillo:
Quote:
John has been a featured contributor for TheBlaze, Dr. Drew, and NRA News, and is a frequent guest on CNN, Newsmax, and Fox Business Network, among others.

0 Replies

blatham

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 06:27 am
Golly, I would love to release my tax returns but I'm under audit so cannot my lawyers tell me.
Quote:
President Trump said on Wednesday that he was willing and eager to be interviewed by Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign, insisting that he has done nothing wrong.

“I’m looking forward to it, actually,” Mr. Trump said

...“I would love to do that — I’d like to do it as soon as possible,” the president told reporters on Wednesday of the prospect of being interviewed by Mr. Mueller, adding that his lawyers have told him it would be “about two to three weeks” until it takes place. Almost as an afterthought, he added, any such interview would be “subject to my lawyers, and all of that.
NYT
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 07:04 am
@blatham,
I think he would, because he's stupid enough to believe he can talk his way out of things with his usual bluster. The grown ups who have to deal with him don't want him talking because they know he's a bloody idiot who will sink them all.
revelette1

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 07:12 am
I wonder if Trump is playing the same tease as before in the immigration debate? Fool me once shame on you...

Trump open to 'Dreamer' citizenship, to seek $25B for border wall (Reuters)

$25B? Should democrats cave to that much money promised to the border wall? I don't think so.
blatham

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 07:21 am
@izzythepush,
He's arrogant and ignorant so he might well saunter in there in the manner you suggest. But my guess is that he'll use every/any means to avoid legal jeopardy.
revelette1

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 07:22 am
Quote:
A growing number of Davos attendees are planning to walk out of US president Donald Trump’s speech at the World Economic Forum this Friday (Jan. 26), several conference-goers told Quartz, to protest his remarks about African countries earlier this month.

Trump repeatedly called African countries “shitholes” in a closed-door meeting about immigration, attendee Senator Dick Durbin and others have said.

Boycotting Trump’s Davos speech was first broached by Business Leadership South Africa CEO (and Davos attendee) Bonang Mohale in an open letter. Leaving Trump’s speech after he starts is probably more powerful than boycotting it entirely, some Davos attendees speculate.

At this year’s graduation ceremony at the University of Notre Dame, dozens of students and their families silently stood up and walked out as vice president Mike Pence spoke about freedom of speech.

African CEOs said they’d like Trump to acknowledge that he said something inappropriate, and say he’s sorry. “We’re only looking for that, just to apologize” said Luvuyo Rani, the CEO of Silulo Ulutho Technologies, a South African internet company. There’s no way Trump realizes the “damage” he’s caused, said Rani, who added he wasn’t sure whether he’d attend the speech or not.

Trump is scheduled to meet with Rwandan president Kagame, who is also chairman of the African Union, to “reaffirm the U.S.-Africa relationship and discuss shared priorities,” on Friday, the White House said. He speech is scheduled for the early afternoon.

Trump’s remarks aren’t likely to do much damage to long-term trade and investment between the US and African nations, Rani said. South Africa has deep connections with America, he said, including a history of sending students to colleges there and a close trade relationship. “We’ve got a long history,” he said, and that’s not going away overnight.

QUARTZ
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 25 Jan, 2018 07:24 am
@blatham,
It's interesting to read the response of the major Trumpians here when Trump doesn't act as they thought he would. [That's one of the main reasons not to put anyone on ignore.]