monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 04:22 am
Quote:
The stunned wife of a US police chief who was arrested for soliciting sex with a child says her family's lives "have been completely shattered".

Michael William Diebold, who ran the three-man police force in Leechburg, Pennsylvania, was arrested on Friday.

The 40-year-old allegedly sent explicit texts and photos with a person he believed was 14, but it was a police sting.

His wife apologised to the public on Sunday.

"I have never hurt so bad in all my life," Danielle Reinke Diebold said in a statement to KDKA News.

She described her husband as the "first man ever in my life who never made me question, never gave me a gut feeling, never a bad instinct or sign and we were even in the process of planning to extend our family".

"This is not who we knew. We knew a loving, caring father and husband and we are grieving the loss of that man," she added.

According to Pennsylvania state prosecutors, Mr Diebold was arrested on Friday after trying to meet an undercover officer who was posing online as a teenager.

The criminal complaint says that Mr Diebold had been contacted by the bogus teen after posting an advert in which he stated he was a "full-time police officer".

Identifying himself as "kutecop4you", Mr Diebold wrote: "I am a dom male that is also employed as a full time police officer. I hope that does not scare you off."

After the undercover agent claimed in the text exchange to be a 14-year-old girl, Mr Diebold allegedly responded: "Everyone has to have a first time."

The mayor of Leechburg, a borough of about 2,000 people 35 miles (55km) north-east of Pittsburgh, said the chief has been suspended without pay.

Over the summer, Mr Diebold was interviewed on national news, after he was maimed in a fireworks accident at the town's annual carnival.

Despite the injury, which led to the amputation of an arm, he and his fiancee married 18 days later.

The town raised thousands of dollars to help his recovery, and local news crews filmed his wedding.

He is now charged with unlawful contact with a minor and criminal attempt to commit involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42615744

The only option he has now is to run for Congress on the Republican ticket.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
bharti002

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 05:47 am
@blatham,
Hello
blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 07:11 am
@wmwcjr,
From the piece you've linked
Quote:
One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, was that the African-Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that,” he continued.
Lazy damned niggras.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 07:13 am
@bharti002,
Hello back.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 07:24 am
Important reporting on voter suppression
Quote:
After Trump Commission Setback, Voter Fraud Alarmists May Get Boost From SCOTUS
TPM

The names you'll find in this piece are a who's who of voter suppression. These are bad guys.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 07:33 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
The stock market and other leading indicators of business and consumer confidence all point clearly to accelerating economic growth ahead.

Unless it just turns out to be a speculative bubble.
Quote:
The new economic sanctions on North Korea (however imperfectly enforced), together with an unbending response to Kim's nuclear posturing, appear to be having beneficial effects on the North Korean regime -- not many free (of serious risk) steps left for them.

Actually it looks more as if the South Korean president's willingness to engage in dialog (bending) has had a more promising effect at promoting peace on the peninsula.
Quote:
Popular local unrest with respect to the Islamic regime in Iran continues, exposing the frailties of a regime the hapless Obama and his idiot Secretary of State regarded as invincible, continues.

The regime hardly looks "frail", your gratuitous insults notwithstanding. So John Kerry, a decorated war hero and dedicated public servant, is an "idiot"? And Trump's a stable genius, okay, I get it. Treating Iran as a "permanent enemy" and trying to goad it into some sort of confrontation is hardly an example of enlightened statecraft.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:01 am
You guys giving credit to Trump for breakthrough with North Korea?
Crazytalk seems to be better than bribing with millions of USA dollars that could be used on our corroding infrastructure.

Whooda thought?
layman

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:09 am
@Lash,
A punk has no credibility, (rightfully) gets no respect, invites exploitation and abuse and is never taken as a serious threat to retaliate (offensively or defensively).

Obama is a punk. Trump aint.

Makes a big-ass diff, eh?
Lash

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:13 am
@layman,
Do you think Trump or CIA activity spurred protests in Iran too? Trump was threatening not to go through with Obama’s bribery package to them as well. A few Iranian political commentators cited Trump’s behavior, characterize it as you will, as pivotal in the protests.

Hardliner rhetoric seems to beat the hell out of paying countries off. Not sure how it will play out, but I DO see how bribery plays out.
Lash

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:15 am
@oralloy,
Do you think South Korea is playing straight?
layman

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:24 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Do you think Trump or CIA activity spurred protests in Iran too?

No, but I do think the CIA is doing it's best to fan the flames. The protests are a (natural) response to years of oppression, corruption, inept government, etc.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:24 am
@Lash,
Quote:
You guys giving credit to Trump for breakthrough with North Korea?

Well, no. Any credit goes to Pres. Moon Jae-in.
Quote:
Crazytalk seems to be better than bribing with millions of USA dollars that could be used on our corroding infrastructure.

No, diplomacy achieved what crazytalk couldn't. And "millions" wouldn't even begin to defuse our infrastructure time bomb.
anyas12

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:26 am
@blatham,
ok ı know
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:30 am
Quote:
“[Y]ou’d never see Jim Acosta coming out of my office or Maggie Haberman buying me an espresso at Peet’s around the corner from the West Wing,” Gorka writes in the column. “So, when I met Michael Wolff in Reince Priebus’ office, where he was waiting to talk to Steve Bannon, and after I had been told to also speak to him for his book, my attitude was polite but firm: ‘Thanks but no thanks.’ Our brief encounter reinforced my gut feeling that this oleaginous scribe had no interest in being fair and unbiased.”

Trump has said he never authorized any access to the White House, called Wolff’s book “a Fake Book” and tweeting last week that he “actually turned [Wolff] down many times.”

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist. Look at this guy’s past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!

And yet Gorka — in an effort to stand by his man — has confirmed that Wolff did indeed have access to the White House and that staffers were asked to speak with him for the book.

After Mediaite ran a piece about Gorka’s accidental admission, Gorka responded on Twitter, saying that the “[r]equest to please @MichaelWolffNYC the hack came from outsite @WhiteHouse,” adding that he was “happy to refuse.”

Sebastian Gorka DrG Retweeted Raheem 🇬🇧 🇺🇸

Quote:
Sebastian Gorka DrG
@SebGorka
#FAKENEWS does it again.

Request 2 please @MichaelWolffNYC the hack came from outside @WhiteHouse.

I was happy to refuse.

FAIL @Mediaite. twitter.com/raheemkassams/...

TP

My question is: Gorka said Wolf was in Priebus’ office waiting to speak to Bannon. So if Trump didn't give Wolf access in the WH nor did he ask Gorka to talk to Wolf, who did? Was it kept secret from Trump? Did Wolf sneak into Priebus’ office? Was Wolf hiding and sneaking around the security and the Secret Service at the WH the whole time he was gathering information?
layman

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:35 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
My question is: Gorka said Wolf was in Priebus’ office waiting to speak to Bannon. So if Trump didn't give Wolf access in the WH nor did he ask Gorka to talk to Wolf, who did?

According to Sanders, 95% of the "authorizations" for Wolffe to enter the West Wing came from Bannon. Wolffe spent most of his time holed up in Bannon's office, not on a "couch."
blatham

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 08:40 am
@hightor,
Lash said
Quote:

Oh yes. Trump has thought out a sophisticated strategy to influence foreign nations through presenting himself as kind of nuts. As unstable. And this is a big step up from Obama's policies.

Bernie Sanders said the same thing. "Donald Trump is a genius who's making America great once again", Bernie said.
0 Replies