MontereyJack

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 11:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
True that.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 11:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
Neither you, or MJ base your irrational & emotional arguments on facts.
MontereyJack

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 11:25 am
@Frugal1,
Ylou never. Zcite factyts. We do. You might start by looking at virtually any fact checker for the last 18 months and Truump' s lie(sl will dominate it.
Frugal1

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 11:32 am
@MontereyJack,
If citing fake facts makes you happy, then go for it.

Your fake facts don't ever make you right though, that's something you liberal progressive democrats never learn.
giujohn

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 11:41 am
@MontereyJack,
The only fact is that Trump is president... Either you live with it or you don't. And if you can't live with it I suggest you call Life Line...1 800 273 8255.
MontereyJack

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:03 pm
@giujohn,
Oh we live with it all right. And expect to make it continually clear to him until he is impeached and removed for malfeasance that he was not the choice of thevoterrs andhis priorities are not those of America's voters.
Baldimo

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:04 pm
@blatham,
This is rich coming from someone who doesn't think Obama had any scandals on his watch. I'll point you to the IRS and their work to stop conservative groups... Or how about Obama's version of the Brown Shirts? [email protected]???

I notice you guys have forgotten how the WH had illegal acquired FBI files on opponents, Filegate.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:05 pm
@Frugal1,
If denying the truth makes you happy by all means continue. Just remember we know youre doing it and it makes you look like an idiot.
Frugal1

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
MJ, you made me laugh.
Trump's victory over that nasty woman earned him a mandate, the peoples mandate. Trump's victory rejects everything 0bama has done over the last 8 years, and it repudiates everything liberal progressive democrats like yourself stand for. You guys lost - we the people won... it sucks to be you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
He proves it with every post.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:09 pm
@Debra Law,
The standard left wing response for the last 8 years has been to blame Bush, it really is no different.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump lies like a seal; all the time.

Of course he does. He's probably just as much a useful idiot as the divided electorate who fall victim to red meat politics. If there is a ruling cabal, who would be a better "Manchurian Candidate" than the narcissistic Trump--the unabashed liar--who will continue to stir the caldron of hate and to normalize Orwellian newspeak? War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is Strength (with Huuuuge emphasis on "ignorance").

And here's another one: Hate is Love. Happy New Year to the ruling class's many enemies. LOVE!

Sometimes I think the Democratic Party controllers planned to lose this election. Why else would they place Hillary Clinton in position to be the party nominee for the general election?
Baldimo

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI you live in an echo chamber when you "ignore" everyone you don't agree with.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Those 62 million voters probably didn't care about his racial bigotry, scamming people and companies, and pathology of lies.
There's no cure for ignorance.
http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/joshuaepstein/here_s_the_proof_that_donald_trump_s_a_pathological_liar_you_ve_been_asking_for_trolls

Ignorance (along with willful blindness) will be the downfall of mankind, I fear.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:12 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
100% of the Republicans I have polled believe that Obama is indeed an American, born in America (Hawaii) and he is not a Muslim.

I guess your poll was wrong.

Was that actually worth your time to type?

Poll

CNN/ORC polled 1012 adults 9/4/15 to 9/8/15. According to their data, 29% thought Obama was Muslim. So that would be 293 people. Only 24% of the people described themselves as Republican, so that's only 243 people. According to the article, 43% of Republicans thought Obama was Muslim so that is 104 people. That means that 189 people surveyed thought Obama was a Muslim who did not identify as Republican.

So who are those people? 43% of those independent (29%) and Democrat (15%) polled also believe Obama to be Muslim. You can see all of the numbers here.
giujohn

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:16 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Oh we live with it all right. And expect to make it continually clear to him until he is impeached and removed for malfeasance that he was not the choice of thevoterrs andhis priorities are not those of America's voters.

Well my bet stands... if Trump is convicted in the Senate and impeached before the end of the year I will retire my handle here at A2K. If he isn't then you have to retire your handle... wanna take the bet?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:16 pm
Liberal progressive democrats never look within when they fail, they always look for something, or someone to blame for their failures. Decreasing numbers of DNC supporters is the only logical response to the pathetic way liberal progressive democrats continue failing to hold themselves accountable.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:20 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

To be filed under "How Republicans in Congress prepare for the Trump era":

Quote:
With No Warning, House Republicans Vote to Hobble Independent Ethics Office

House Republicans, defying their top leaders, voted Monday to significantly curtail the power of an independent ethics office set up in 2008 in the aftermath of corruption scandals that sent three members of Congress to jail.

The move to weaken the Office of Congressional Ethics was not public until late Monday, when Representative Robert Goodlatte, Republican of Virginia and chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, announced that the House Republican Conference had approved the change with no advance public notice or debate.

In its place, a new Office of Congressional Complaint Review would be set up within the House Ethics Committee, which before the creation of the Office of Congressional Ethics had been accused of ignoring credible allegations of wrongdoing by lawmakers.

Speaker Paul D. Ryan and Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the majority leader, opposed the measure, aides said Monday night. The full House is scheduled to vote Tuesday on the rules, which will last for two years, until the next congressional elections.

The surprising vote came on the eve of the start of a new session of Congress, with emboldened Republicans ready to push an ambitious agenda on everything from health care to infrastructure, issues that will be the subject of intense lobbying from corporate interests. The move by Republicans would take away both power and independence from an investigative body, and give lawmakers more control over internal inquiries.

[...]

AND ALL TRUMP HAD TO DO WAS TWEET HIS DISAPPROVAL AND POOF...NO MORE VOTE ON THIS ISSUE...HOW DO YOU LOVE TRUMP NOW??
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:31 pm

Just some of the reasons why HRC was vanquished, and why all things 0bama were rejected.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:49 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

I'm not sure what I find more amusing about your merry little attempts to sidetrack conversations with casual jingoism. It could either be how hilariously wrong your assumptions about me are, or it could be just how reliably you seek refuge in mildly nationalistic taunts whenever the guys you're cheer-leading for commit a particularly indefensible act of political brinkmanship.
I have indeed made one assumption about you, namely that you are from the UK. Am I incorrect? If so please illuminate me. Beyond that I know only what I can gleen from your posts here.

old europe wrote:

Still undecided on this one.
georgeob1 wrote:
The matter to which you refer has not been enacted by our Congress, rather it appears that some within it have made such a proposal. Much uncertainty and more decisions lie ahead for it.

Or, to omit the pussyfooting that you seem to happily engage in whenever your team pulls a particularly outrageous stunt: one of the first moves of the new Republican Congress was for House Republicans to move on gutting their own independent ethics watchdog.

Apparently, nothing else was higher on the priority list for House Republicans.

How reassuring.
Have you decided yet? As I indicated in my post above, the matter was far from final, and much uncertainty about it remained. The issue has since been resolved. Frankly I'm not sufficiently familiar with the details of the measure or the merits of the arguments of its proponents. It has become fashionable over the past few decades for us to enact apparently welll meant. but highly intrusive rules. that aren't later enforced, thereby threatening all law and giving unwanted discretion to those in enforcement positions. That may have been a factor, but I don't know the details.

I would hesitate to make analogous premptive judgments about the political process in your country. My motive would simply refelct my lack of sufficient knowledge of the context and, as an outsider, my lack of standing for such unwanted intrusion. No pussyfooting or jingoism involved.
0 Replies