monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

ehBeth

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:54 am
@hightor,
nope

couldn't disagree more

more women are coming out and speaking up - in small groups, in larger groups, in public, with lawsuits

it's a good thing

we're not frail, we're fighting back and saying **** off to that bullshit
layman

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:58 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Walter, you can always choose to pronounce the word "one" as "own" and then you would be perfectly correct.

It aint pronounced that way, eh?

La Rochefoucauld wrote:
“There are few people who are more often in the wrong than those who cannot bear to be so.”

0 Replies

blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:00 pm
Greg Sargent at the Post asked a sobering rhetorical question a day or two ago. He brought up the possibility of a serious economic downturn and asked whether Trump would even admit it was happening. That is definitely not a frivolous concern.
layman

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:08 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

if the reports are fictitious why attack poor Mr. Bannon? Those weren't his words, they were the creation of some tabloid journalist, right?

Bannon probably said most of that ****, or something kinda like it, anyway, because that's just the way he rolls. His biggest mistake was sayin them to the wrong person.

But all this "access" Wolffe claims to have was basically with Bannon (wanting to run for president and convinced that Trump wouldn't run again). 95% of his "clearances" came from Bannon, and he was holed up in Bannon's office most of the time.

Bannon told him a buncha tales. Wolffe just didn't attribute them to Bannon.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
the book could have disappeared so very easily if they'd all just ignored it

This is the result of the GOP's long-running attempt to make USAmericans distrust government and disrespect public service. We don't need no lyin' politicians, no, we'll elect a real "man of the people". Unfortunately this particular "man of the people" is not only ignorant of how government works, this "businessman" is obviously incapable of understanding how people work or how to run a complex organization — which was one of his main selling points! Red America bought a pig in a poke, that's for sure.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
too bad #45 and his squad can't leave it alone

the book could have disappeared so very easily if they'd all just ignored it
It appears there might be problems that arise and accrue when the individual sitting in the WH is a pathological narcissist. Who'd have imagined it?
layman

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:13 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

good thing there are tapes and videos

Funny that, when asked if he would produce the tapes he claimed to have, Wolffe got evasive, eh? He just said he had "notes" of everything and that he was quite confident about the accuracy of his "report."
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:15 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth, do you have access to the whole piece? If you don't and want to read the article let me know and I'll put it up in full. If you can get on the site itself, the comments are pretty interesting, too.
ehBeth

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:16 pm
@hightor,
yup
been there
got mighty pissed-off
0 Replies

BillW

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:20 pm
@hightor,
Quote:

I really enjoy seeing the contortions Trump's supporters are putting themselves through trying to downplay, denigrate, and defuse Wolff's book.
The accounts are all lies according to the WH — but if the reports are fictitious why attack poor Mr. Bannon? Those weren't his words, they were the creation of some tabloid journalist, right?

This confirms everything; well, most everything, written. tRump lies virtually every time he opens his mouth. Every time he says someone else is lying, it is he lying. Yes, the same equation works here!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:25 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Mr. Bush sighed and told her to find a way to forgive Mr. McClellan or risk being consumed by anger.
One way in which Bush has redeemed himself has been in displaying what I consider a sincerely humane and sympathetic regard for others. The contrast with Cheney is acute.
blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:32 pm
Re Sessions and pot... Sessions' weird obsession on this matter will be one more issue which will set most of the younger generation (and saner "libertarians") against the GOP. It's a really stupid move. So, Jeff, thanks.
BillW

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:40 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Mr. Bush sighed and told her to find a way to forgive Mr. McClellan or risk being consumed by anger.
One way in which Bush has redeemed himself has been in displaying what I consider a sincerely humane and sympathetic regard for others. The contrast with Cheney is acute.

Bush's greatest positive in my humble opinion was visibly ignoring Cheney in his second term. I also believe he told Rumpsfeel to either quit or be fired! But, he will never outlive Iraq.......
BillW

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 12:41 pm
@blatham,
Session's pot stance still has a lot of older Repuklian establishment support. And, it is a way for THEM to get revenge on the non-white! More Repuklian establishment support.
blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:09 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Bush's greatest positive in my humble opinion was visibly ignoring Cheney in his second term. I also believe he told Rumpsfeel to either quit or be fired! But, he will never outlive Iraq.......
yes.
0 Replies

thack45

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 01:13 pm
@blatham,
That'd definitely be a concern, but I think it much more likely that he would just blame the democrats