Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 10:11 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Not that it would matter if Trump did commit obstruction, since the Democrats said that it was OK for Bill Clinton to commit obstruction.

I'm curious what the statute of limitations on this particular point of yours is.

How many democrats in office today were in office during the 1999 impeachment trial?

No one currently under 40 years old was able to vote for Clinton in 1996. How many more years is Clinton going to be used against them?

What about people who hated Clinton but have since changed their views to be progressive?

Many of the people who voted Clinton into office are now grandparents or dead, how long do you propose to attempt to invalidate the wishes and desires of their children and grandchildren?
revelette1

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 10:14 am
Well, I just plucked down $15 dollars for the book simply out of protest of any sitting President trying to stop a book from published.
layman

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 10:21 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Well, I just plucked down $15 dollars for the book simply out of protest of any sitting President trying to stop a book from published.

Yeah, right, eh? You would pay $500 for it, gladly, because, like your cheese-eating homeys, you have an insatiable appetite for any gossip which disparages Trump.

Ya done been played, and Wolffe knew just how to play you.
layman

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 10:42 am
@layman,
Worthy of a full hour, with 5 or 6 expert guest panelists, on CNN:

Trump guzzles a 12-pack of coke every day!

He eats cheese-burgers delivered by Christie in bed every night!

[Extensive discussion and denouncement]

Hmm, what now? Oh, I know..Trump is INSANE! Yeah, that's the ticket.

This breaking news then supplants all scheduled programming for the next 6 hours.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 10:50 am
layman wrote:
Response moderated: Hate speech and/or trolling.
See more info
My deepest gratitude!
I really should know by now that its the pronunciation, not the spelling ...

So when writing to a Kraut, you don't use a upper case letter for the "e" in English because such makes you pity?
BillW

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 10:50 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Let Sessions knock himself out, in the end, probably end up with nothing to show for it like the dozens of other inquiries. I hope it bogs them down so they won't have time to be going after vulnerable people in the justice system like there are. Drug offenses mostly just affect the poor who can't afford good attorney's while doing nothing whatsoever on the so called "war on drugs."

and, those efforts are unequally directed at non whites, especially in a Republican Administration!
0 Replies

layman

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 10:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

So when writing to a Kraut, you don't use a upper case letter for the "e" in English because such makes you pity?

Candyass english don't deserve no cap. I don't speak english. I speak American, eh?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:03 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Candyass english don't deserve no cap. I don't speak english. I speak American, eh?
Your language is really more literary and poetic than English.
Multas gratias for speaking American!
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:33 am
@hightor,
Yes. This is not simple.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:35 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
"Many, in Trumpian fashion, are baldly untrue."
Well, gag me with a spoon.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter, you can always choose to pronounce the word "one" as "own" and then you would be perfectly correct.
blatham

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:43 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Only 17 percent of South Koreans have confidence in Donald Trump—less than half the number that trust China’s Xi Jinping.
Great work, Donnie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:52 am
@hightor,
good thing there are tapes and videos and oh other dinner party guests confirming

___

too bad #45 and his squad can't leave it alone

the book could have disappeared so very easily if they'd all just ignored it
hightor

Fri 5 Jan, 2018 11:53 am
What’s Different About Latest Tell-All White House Book
Quote:
WASHINGTON — In President George W. Bush’s last year in office, his former press secretary, Scott McClellan, wrote a tell-all book concluding that the Iraq war was a “serious strategic blunder” based on the “ambition, certitude and self-deceit” of a White House that was not fully honest with the American people.

The president’s remaining advisers were livid at what they considered the betrayal of an aide who had been with Mr. Bush since his Texas days. But when Dana Perino, who then held the same spokesman’s job, expressed her indignation, Mr. Bush sighed and told her to find a way to forgive Mr. McClellan or risk being consumed by anger.

Forgiveness is not exactly President Trump’s first instinct, as he made clear this week when a new book quoted his former chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, offering his own harsh judgments about the White House where he once worked. Every president, it seems, goes through the spin cycle of former aides and revelatory books — some they write themselves, others they are quoted in — and every president has to find a way to grapple with the questions of loyalty and candor that invariably arise. Mr. Trump chose blunt force.

NYT

I really enjoy seeing the contortions Trump's supporters are putting themselves through trying to downplay, denigrate, and defuse Wolff's book.
The accounts are all lies according to the WH — but if the reports are fictitious why attack poor Mr. Bannon? Those weren't his words, they were the creation of some tabloid journalist, right?