monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
Cycloptichorn

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 11:11 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Bannon, from a low down dirty scum bag to darling of the left overnight.

He's still scum, yo.

He's not a 'darling of the left.' I don't know why people are saying this. Everyone on the left hates his guts.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

oristarA

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 11:33 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSqp0SNVAAAAFrW.jpg
Brand X

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 11:39 am
@oristarA,
Not shocking at all, not many believed that Trump believed he would win. Then the evidence appeared when there was no coherent team to begin the administration.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 12:01 pm
@Brand X,
Who's claiming Bannon is a darling?
maporsche

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 12:03 pm
@oristarA,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSqp0SNVAAAAFrW.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 12:04 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Bannon,

He's still scum, yo.

that view hasn't changed
revelette1

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 12:16 pm
@ehBeth,
An admitted alt-right scum whom Trump couldn't praise enough at one time, until of course Bannon started taking credit for Trump's win.

At the end of the day (though there was other factors), what cost Hillary the election was herself, she simply was lackluster through the whole thing, so were her supporters and voters. She should have been hitting those swing states hard despite her woes at the end of it. I hate to say it, but perhaps she simply got tired of it and thought she could simply skate through the ending. She probably thought, surely, the alternative is just unthinkable.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 01:38 pm
I hope I never hear of the right talking about 'states rights' again. It is just inconsistently used for conveniences sake.

Sessions ending federal policy that let legal pot flourish (AP)

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions has rescinded an Obama-era policy that paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, creating new confusion about enforcement and use just three days after a new legalization law went into effect in California.

President Donald Trump’s top law enforcement official announced the change Thursday. Instead of the previous lenient-federal-enforcement policy, Sessions’ new stance will instead let federal prosecutors where marijuana is legal decide how aggressively to enforce longstanding federal law prohibiting it.

Sessions’ plan drew immediate strong objection from Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado, one of eight states that have legalized marijuana for recreational use.

Gardner said in a tweet that the Justice Department “has trampled on the will of the voters” in Colorado and other states. He said the action would contradict what Sessions had told him before the attorney general was confirmed and that he was prepared “to take all steps necessary” to fight the step including holding up the confirmation of Justice Department nominees.

For the record, I am by no means a pot smoker, nor do I think it is as harmless as portrayed. However, that is just my opinion and not important to the point.
revelette1

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:50 pm
@layman,
Yes I read it, and unlike you, I actually understood it. Something you 'consistently' have a problem with.

Sessions is as "right" on the political spectrum as you can get. He is the one who is going to force states to go with a ban on pot despite it being legal in some states.
Sturgis

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 04:01 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
It sure gets personal around here.

Politics, religion and a few other topics tend to do that. Most folks not only don't want to admit they're wrong, they seem constitutionally incapable of admitting it.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 04:32 pm
@layman,
You always nick pick a useless point, turning the debate inside out.

The effect of not going with Obama's more hands off states who have made pot legal, will be a ban on pot against the will of the voters who have voted to make it legal; thus going against the often used phrase used by republicans of "states rights."

I think it should be legal federally simply because the whole war on drugs has been one big failure and too expensive to boot.
izzythepush

Thu 4 Jan, 2018 04:39 pm
@Brand X,
Bollocks. It's good to see scum falling out with itself, nobody's taking sides over here. A curse on both their houses.
0 Replies