monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

roger

Thu 1 Dec, 2016 11:41 pm
@blatham,
Same here, but our Mennonite women wear ankle length dresses over their tracksuits. It's a sight when they operate those multi blade lawn mowers for Gingerich lawn service in the summer.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 02:00 am
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

LOL! I live in Chicago. We have some of the strictest gun laws in the US. I think we might be the murder capital of the United States .

How can that be ?? You have enjoyed the benefits of progressive Democrat Mayors for several decades. not to mention all those gun controls being recommended us by folks who are certain that they alone know what's good for the rest of us. You have been blessed with enlighhtened community organizers and (ahem!) constitutional law instructors (not professors) like Barack Obama steadily voting 'present' in your State Legislature for the benefit of all. I think you're now down to only two former Governors in Federal Prision. Why worry?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 02:16 am
@old europe,
I asked if you would behave as Blatham has done, making far reaching comments about political process and various imaginary nefarious conspiracies with such presistence and at such length, if you were among a large group of Canadians. That was the question, and you have not made any effort yet to answer it. Now you are hiding behind a "standing" comment we have already discussed.

I don't exclude commentary on the politics both internal and external of other countries by anyone. However there are limits in the intrusiveness and persistence such behavior should involve. Moreover if one wishes to pursue it as does Balatham (or you), and does so without any restraint or discretion then he should be prepared to take a dose of what he puts out. Bad manners is one thing, bad manners combined with whining and rather smarmy evasion such as yours is quite another.

0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:46 am
@edgarblythe,
Lol hahahaha...these are the statements that worry you??? Well I wonder if it worries Isis and Iran as much as it worries you? Are you worried about Isis beheading people burning them alive in cages throwing people out ten story windows. Are you worried about radical islamist fanatics flying planes into buildings blowing up **** and shooting and driving trucks into crowds of innocent people? All you bleeding heart liberal dumbasses are really pathetic. This is the reason why the Democrats have lost so so big and will continue to do so because the American public is fed up with this touchy-feely politically correct namby-pamby approach to dealing with our enemies. What is the purpose of our military? What is the common denominator for every single person in the military? They are all trained to kill . You don't have to be a ******* Einstein to know its purpose is to kill people and to blow **** up...period. Get a ******* clue why don't you.
giujohn

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Didn't know you were a racial bigot until now.

Be careful about throwing stones.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:56 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

roger wrote:

So am I, for any number of reasons.

Me three, what a breath of fresh air.

Why... Because you're starting to be outnumbered buy intelligent retorts that hold all your bleeding-heart liberals feet to the fire?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 05:51 am
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15170949_918011681664492_2565247126437711418_n.jpg?oh=bac708f840c4b656401ae6f4036a7e3e&oe=58B6F290
giujohn

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 08:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Brought to you by a black hate group
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 08:57 am
Democrat 0bama legacy ... it ain't good.
Quote:
Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar To Record 95.1 Million: Jump By 446,000 In One Month

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-02/americans-not-labor-force-soar-record-951-million-surge-446000-one-month
0 Replies

layman

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 09:15 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

This is the reason why the Democrats have lost so so big and will continue to do so because the American public is fed up with this touchy-feely politically correct namby-pamby approach to dealing with our enemies... Get a ******* clue why don't you.

Heh, John, great post, but they'll NEVER get it. They are too mired in ideological weakness to understand why they are losing influence. They just don't (and won't) "get it." I just saw some talking head say today that the reason Trump won was 80% racism, with the other 20% being....wait for it....RACISM!

These self-loathing cheese-eaters are suicidal at heart, and nothing will change that. They are killing themselves with their desperate attempts to perpetuate their candy-ass notions. They're underming themselves, as is their innate tendency. Their own behaviors and advocacy will greatly contribute to their decline, but they won't ever know it.

When some punk-ass bitch gets wise, and then gets his asked kicked as a result, he will invariably tells his friends after the fight that he won and "really kicked that guy's ass." Even his homeys know better, but they indulge his delusions by listening to, and affirming, his bullshit. But, of course, he never demands a "rematch" so he can repeat his feats, and, for some damn reason, he's not so quick to wise off anymore. But his subjective version of "the truth" never really changes.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 09:45 am
@giujohn,
Here's one liberal who somewhat gets it, but he been trying for years to tell the cheese-eaters about what crap they're peddling, only to get booed and shouted down by them. A few others of "their own" have tried to tell them also, but they are basically just denounced as apostates--infidels who no longer see "the truth."

Notice how the militant feminist here characterizes the suggestion that white males deserve some consideration too as simply "catering" to them.
giujohn

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:38 am
@layman,
What these bleeding heart liberal assholes still don't get as evidenced from that little video is that Trump is not playing by the same old set of rules that the two parties and the mass media have been going by for the last 50 or 60 years... It's a new ball game boys and girls and if you don't understand Donald Trump's Playbook you aren't even in the game.
layman

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:47 am
@giujohn,
Yeah, I agree, and the truth is, even the republican party doesn't really want his type as president. But they certainly like having "control" (such as it is) of the white house and of congress, so they're happy with that much, at least.

But the superficial, scammy, destructive "identity-politics" of the left has led them to go completely wild in denouncing him. It will only hurt them in the long run. The emptiness of their creed will be more exposed by the contrast made apparent now that they're out of power.

Nice try, cheese-eaters
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 11:13 am
One freaking vote!
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/02/first-day-of-wisconsin-recount-nets-hillary-one-vote/
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 11:23 am
Personally I would rather remain on the losing side than be anything like any of the above posters (excepting Roger and edgar of course) and Trump and his millionaire cabinet. All those anti establishment people are really going to be disillusioned when Trump and his cabinet only look out for the big corporations and billionaire class. All that talk of his campaign was nothing but a big con game.
georgeob1

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 11:33 am
@revelette2,
I think the real con game here is what has been going on for the past eight years. "Hope and change:' "If you like your doctor, you can keep him..." inclusiveness and all the rest. The result was lost hope; a badly disrupted health care system; increased and unnecessary destructive racial divisions and sclerotic economic growth.

My suggestion is, let go of your preconceptions; keep your eyes open to what actually results and revise your estimates as changes unfold.
layman

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 11:46 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

My suggestion is, let go of your preconceptions; keep your eyes open to what actually results and revise your estimates as changes unfold.

Good suggestion, George but no heed will be paid to it because you're not a cheese-eater that's giving it. Then, again, even if you were.....
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 12:02 pm
@layman,
I think the primary issue for most Americans are jobs. In that regard, the unemployment has dropped a wee bit.

By Bankrate.com
Updated 11/30/2016
Key economic statistics

Unemployment RateĀ 
This week 4.9
Month ago 5.0
Year ago 5.0
My opinion: I think the unemployment rate dropped because of the Christmas season hiring.

What it means: Posted monthly based on a survey of households by the Census Bureau for the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this measures the percentage of the labor force that is currently without work, but seeking employment.
How it's used: The unemployment rate is an economic indicator about the strength of the job market and the status of household finances. Rising unemployment can lead to reduced levels of consumer spending and higher instances of delinquency, default, and bankruptcy. Low unemployment indicates a tight labor market, where employers have a tougher time finding people to fill jobs and often must pay more to attract them.

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/rates/economic-indicators/unemployment-rate.aspx#ixzz4RhlKQsAV
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook
layman

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

this measures the percentage of the labor force that is currently without work, but seeking employment.

A "dip" due to christmas employment only comes once a year. That said, the crucial word above is "seeking:"

Quote:
US unemployed have quit looking for jobs at a 'frightening' level: Survey

Nearly half of unemployed Americans have quit looking for work, and the numbers are even worse for the long-term jobless, according to a poll released Wednesday that paints a grim picture of the labor market.

Some 59 percent of those who have been out of work for two years or more say they have stopped looking, the Harris Poll of unemployed Americans showed.

The results come just a few days after a government report showed that the unemployment rate fell to 4.7 percent in May, but the drop came primarily because of a sharp decline in the labor force participation rate. The number of people of all ages whom the government considers "not in the labor force" swelled by 664,000 to a record 94.7 million Americans, according to Labor Department data.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/08/us-unemployed-have-quit-looking-for-jobs-at-a-frightening-level-survey.html

See how it works? The more people that just give up looking for a job because it's hopeless, the lower the REPORTED unemployment rate is.

"The number of people of all ages whom the government considers "not in the labor force"[is] a record 94.7 million Americans." Not exactly indicative of a robust economy, eh, Al?
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 12:17 pm
@layman,
Not really. The unemployment rate stays pretty stable at around 5%. That means there's an exchange between retirees and new workers.
We all know what happened in 2008-2009, but otherwise the unemployment rate is pretty stable.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=graph+of+us+unemployment+rate+since+2000&view=detailv2&&id=361D760B0E3345C6F89BA8B132741D27B286C835&selectedIndex=18&ccid=%2bPPx4nqB&simid=607988454910985629&thid=OIP.Mf8f3f1e27a814741b3c9313ca1bf052ao0&ajaxhist=0