monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 05:42 am
@roger,
Quote:
We can figger it out.

Always, Roger. This is the human condition. People need to understand that not everyone is going to side with them, or even just like them.

Never thought to spell it that way neither. Wink

Quote:
Don't always expect agreement.

Expect healthy arguments. That is expected, and nurtured.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:03 am
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/12/24/us/24xp-coin/24xp-coin-master768.jpg

Never forget that Trump is the tackiest man to walk the planet https://t.co/xZe2LDpDS3
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) Dec. 22, 2017

NYT
layman

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think I will apply with a proposal to remove Emma's poem from the base of the Colossus. Instead it will be overwritten with Plumpian lines

"If you can tell Sevruga from Beluga we'll let u all in.
You're just **** out of luck if you're brown of skin .

That aint quite the way Big Bill sees it, eh, Farmer?:

0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:25 am
@layman,
Is Hi really one of those response bots that kinda learns by answers to questions?

And that swing/blues number is waaaaaaay cool. If'n you's white, it's arright. Shared it to my crew for christmas. Yippeee Yule to ya.
blatham

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Such a dick, Hoekstra.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:44 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Is Hi really one of those response bots that kinda learns by answers to questions?

And that swing/blues number is waaaaaaay cool. If'n you's white, it's arright. Shared it to my crew for christmas. Yippeee Yule to ya.

It's a sorry-ass day when Big Bill Broonzy posts get thumbs-down votes, eh, Builda? That's when you know you're in a den of cheese-eaters, sho nuff.

As for Hi, well, as Sonny Boy Williamson done said: "Don't start me to talkin---I'll tell everything I know"

Builder

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:54 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL3XGZ5rreE
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:55 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Never forget that Trump is the tackiest man to walk the planet https://t.co/xZe2LDpDS3
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) Dec. 22, 2017

Yes, indeed he is. If Colbert or some other satirist had presented a challenge to their audience to design such a Trump coin, I doubt many could have come up with anything more tacky than what Trump has done.

There seems likely to be a direct correspondence between Americans who are functionally insane and Americans who aren't embarrassed to have this guy anywhere near the White House.
Builder

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 06:56 am
@layman,
Quote:
It's a sorry-ass day when Big Bill Broonzy posts get thumbs-down votes, eh, Builda?

If there's a bunch of sycophants more twisted than this bunch, I really don't want to know about it.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 07:02 am
@layman,
Unfortunately, whoever translated those Sonny Boy lyrics fucked it up in places.

For example, he's sayin:

She borrowed some money....
to go to the beauty shop.....
Her husband home....
She begin to stop....
Said "take me baby,"...
around the block.....
I'm goin to the the beauty shop....
Where I can get my hair unstarched.

In other words she knows she can't have her little dog drop her off until she gets her hair done, now that her husband's home and she's been gone so long.

Nuthin about no "Jim honkin his horn" or **** like that. Where did that come from?
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 07:13 am
@blatham,
Quote:
There seems likely to be a direct correspondence between Americans who are functionally insane and Americans who aren't embarrassed to have this guy anywhere near the White House.

Functionally insane would be voting for someone because they are the first woman to run for president, which was one of HRC's "platforms" but just as much bullshit as her other ones.

You don't give American people much cred for deep smarts, blatham. And pretending they got swayed by a bunch of bullshit on facebook in a "sting" by a dozen dicks with a hundred grand, is further evidence that you have no faith in the people you're pretending to defend.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 07:18 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Creditors and insurers were expected to absorb losses totaling $7 billion, with creditors receiving between 14 and 75 cents on the dollar

Right. They were expected to pay it back. They couldn't. So the city had to go to bankruptcy court because it didn't have the funds to meet its obligations. The US government does not operate with that constraint.
Builder

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 07:28 am
@hightor,
Quote:
The US government does not operate with that constraint.

It's actually healthy that someone notices these things, Hi.

And just between you and me, I don't think the US govt has much to do with the federal reserve and their actions.

As old mate George Carlin stated; "It's a big club, and we ain't in it..."
0 Replies

layman

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 07:28 am
For those interested in some American social and political history (and music), here's a clip of Robbie Robertson of (Bob Dylan's) Band and Ronnie Hawkin's Hawks, telling the tale of how they met Sonny Boy Williamson in Helena, Arkansas back in the 60's.

0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 07:33 am
Winner of the week's No ****, Sherlock! award goes to Tony Blair who is now no longer on speaking terms with Rupert Murdoch
Quote:
During the British government’s 2012 inquiry into the mogul’s political influence, the former prime minister described what it was like when a story subject falls out of favor with a Murdoch-controlled tabloid.

“Once they’re against you, that’s it,” Mr. Blair said. “It’s full on, full frontal, day in, day out, basically a lifetime commitment.”
NYT

As I may have noted before, not long after Blair was elected, his friend Ted Turner warned him that Murdoch was becoming too powerful in British politics. Blair responded, "If it weren't for Rupert, I wouldn't be Prime Minister" (prior winner of the NSS award).

Builder

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 07:37 am
@blatham,
what the ****'s this got to do with trump?

Blair and Bush and Howard are all guilty of war crimes, and we all know this to be fact. The people are waiting for something approaching justice.

0 Replies

blatham

Sun 24 Dec, 2017 08:08 am
Who couldn't love this man if only for his deep and sincere empathy for the little guy.
Quote:
Katie Watson
‏Verified account
@kathrynw5

"You all just got a lot richer," President Trump told friends dining at Mar-a-Lago Friday night, hours after signing tax overhaul into law
CBS