monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 09:33 am
@BillW,
Not enough for you and blickers to use the ignore feature, you need to crow about it. By doing so you've revealed that you're not really ignoring the ingnoree(s) after all. Smile
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 09:37 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Not to mention that the crime is "statutory rape," not child molestion, eh? A rapist is not, ispo facto, a child molester.

Quote:
In the state of Alabama, child molestation is defined as any type of intercourse or sexual contact with a person under the age of 12.

https://www.sexcrimesdefensealabama.com/child-molestation.html

A quick google search will reveal dozens of left wing media outlets calling Moore an "accused child molester," e.g. Mother Jones, Vox, MSNBC, the Guardian, ad infinitum.

To my knowledge Moore has NEVER been accused, wrongfully or not, of "child molestion" by anybody, anytime, anywhere.

It easy to see why they are called "fake news," eh?

All to often their agenda is not to report the news or the facts, but rather to deliberately smear the reputations, via innuendo and falsehood, of people they don't agree with politically.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 10:57 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

I am over 15. But, if I wasn't, I would never accuse some 20 year old BABE of "raping" me if she would just put out, know what I'm sayin?

Just to be clear, I would only accuse her of raping me if she wouldn't put out.

That should learn the bitch, eh?
0 Replies

Real Music

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 11:00 am
John Lewis refuses to attend Civil Rights museum opening because Trump is attending

Quote:
Rep. John Lewis announced that he would not be attending the opening of the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum over the weekend, because President Donald Trump will be there.

Lewis said that Trump’s “attendance and hurtful policies are an insult to the people portrayed” by the museum itself.

“After careful consideration and conversations with church leaders, elected officials, civil rights activists, and many citizens of our congressional districts, we have decided not to attend or participate in the opening of the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum,” Lewis said in a statement.

In particular, Lewis pointed to the president’s “disparaging comments about women, the disabled, immigrants, and National Football League players.”

“The struggles represented in this museum exemplify the truth of what really happened in Mississippi,” he said. “After President Trump departs, we encourage all Mississippians and Americans to visit this historic civil rights museum.”

This is a particularly damning decision and statement from Lewis, considering the fact that he is a hero to the civil rights movement.

Lewis is not the only one to express concerns over Trump attending the museum opening, either. The NAACP has also said that it does not want Trump there.

“President Trump’s statements and policies regarding the protection and enforcement of civil rights have been abysmal, and his attendance is an affront to the veterans of the civil rights movement,” Derrick Johnson, NAACP president and CEO, said in a statement. “He has created a commission to reinforce voter suppression, refused to denounce white supremacists, and overall, has created a racially hostile climate in this nation.”

Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi also announced that he would not be speaking at the event if Trump was there.

“The civil rights marchers who are being honored would turn over in their grave knowing that somebody who’s stood for that stuff would be in attendance,” Thompson told the Boston Globe. “The question is, do I want to be associated with someone who is that narrow in focus.”

https://thegrio.com/2017/12/07/john-lewis-mississippi-civil-rights-museum-trump/
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 11:28 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I'm glad the girl enjoyed herself. Not surprisingly you either completely missed or have just chosen to ignore the substance of the article and have simply thrown out a red herring.

Whether Moore made an encouraging entry in some young girl's yearbook or not is yet to be determined, but is it's own "red herring" from the get-go. Assuming that he did (as he apparently did with others), that says absolutely nothing about the truth or falsity of the girl's claim that he raped her in his car (or whatever the allegation is).

The problem here is that Allred trots this entry out as though it proves her case, which it obviously doesn't. And, in the process, falsely claims that the entire entry was made by Moore. That does not exactly enhance the woman's credibility, eh?

I'll acknowledge that she is not admitting that his actual signature was forged, but, again, that's doesn't establish anything improper on his part. Her attorney seems to say that the girl doesn't know whether he signed it or not, but again it's not incriminating if he did.

It would be incriminating (for her) if she knowingly claimed it was his signature when it wasn't.
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 11:55 am
@layman,
Best I can figure out, this girl worked at a restaurant where Moore may have dined. She left her yearbook on the counter after encouraging patrons to make entries into.

Moore presumably knew her as a waitress, if he knew her at all. Someone made an entry into her yearbook and signed Moore's name to it.

The message was innocuous, wishing a "merry christmas" to a "sweet girl."

This calls for long, hard time in Leavenworth, I tellya what!
hightor

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 11:58 am
@layman,
Quote:
The problem here is that Allred trots this entry out as though it proves her case, which it obviously doesn't.

No, it only proves that Nelson didn't forge the inscription (which would have damaged her credibility) while raising questions about Moore's claims of innocence.
Quote:
I'll acknowledge that she is not admitting that his actual signature was forged, but, again, that's doesn't establish anything improper.

That wasn't the point of the article.
Quote:
What we’re looking at isn’t a grand conspiracy of forgeries against an innocent man. It’s a note, written by one woman, marking the date and place of an inscription that looks just like Moore’s writing to another woman a few years later. In each case, Moore now denies he met or knew the woman. So either he’s lying, or both of the samples are forgeries, which would require the world’s most amazing combination of conspiratorial genius (getting access to old books in two different states) and conspiratorial incompetence (forging an inscription with redundant words in two different styles). And Moore and his attorney would have to be in on the conspiracy, faking private suspicions—through the words tampering and everything—that the inscription was authentic.

I don't have any respect for Moore, but my distaste predates these revelations. He's a fundamentalist zealot, that's all. I might have had a smidgen of respect for him if he'd come out and admitted that he used to enjoy the company of teen-aged girls but his repeated denials, like Trump's, are self-serving and cowardly.
hightor

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 12:00 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Someone made an entry into her yearbook and signed Moore's name to it.

Yeah, a skilled forger who knew exactly what Moore's signature looked like.
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 12:02 pm
@hightor,
See my previous post for a "response" to this one. Under the circumstances, Moore could certainly made an entry into some young girl's yearbook without really "knowing" her.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 12:08 pm
Wapo wrote:
Roy Moore accuser alters part of her account about inscription

Allred said Friday that Moore did not write several notes at the end of the inscription....In her initial statement, Nelson said that Moore had written the entire inscription in her yearbook. “He wrote in my yearbook as follows,” Nelson said. “ ‘To a sweeter and more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love Roy Moore, Olde Hickory House.’ And he signed it ‘Roy Moore D.A.’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/roy-moore-accuser-amends-part-of-her-account-about-inscription/2017/12/08/d7a8acd8-dc43-11e7-b1a8-62589434a581_story.html?utm_term=.f1911bbef25b
hightor

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 12:28 pm
@layman,
Nelson is willing to testify under oath. A courtroom would be a better place to establish the relevant facts of this case. And this is only one accuser; what about the other five?

WaPo wrote:
In recent weeks, Moore has said of his accusers, “I did not know any of them.” This contradicts an interview Moore gave with Sean Hannity on Nov. 10, in which Moore said he knew two of the accusers when they were teenagers. He told Hannity that he did not remember dating girls between the ages of 16 and 18, but could not rule it out.

“I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother,” Moore said.
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 12:36 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Nelson is willing to testify under oath. A courtroom would be a better place to establish the relevant facts of this case.

I agree.

Quote:
And this is only one accuser; what about the other five?

What have the "other five" accused him of? Not any kind of sexual misconduct, as far as I can tell.

Suppose I "accuse" you of making posts on A2K and the press thereafter refers to me as an "accuser." Does that make you guilty of some kind of wrong-doing?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.

WaPo wrote:
In recent weeks, Moore has said of his accusers, “I did not know any of them.” This contradicts an interview Moore gave with Sean Hannity on Nov. 10, in which Moore said he knew two of the accusers when they were teenagers. He told Hannity that he did not remember dating girls between the ages of 16 and 18, but could not rule it out.

“I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother,” Moore said.

There is nothing the slightest bit criminal, in itself, about "dating" a girl whatever her age. I can take a 10 year old girl out to lunch without being a sexual criminal.

Again, none of these women have even accused Moore of any sexual impropriety, from what I've read. I'll grant you that I haven't tried to master every detail of every claim made against him though.

That said, I can still confidently repeat that NOBODY has accused him of child molestation, the ominpresent media references to him as an "accused child molester" notwithstanding.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 12:55 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
He told Hannity that he did not remember dating girls between the ages of 16 and 18, but could not rule it out.

He could have dated a million girls between 16 and 18, and fucked them all good and hard, and there would still be nothing criminal about it if the sex was consensual.

Leave it to the cheese-eating left wing press to try to make a crime out of consensual sex, or, for that matter, having any desire for sex, or, for that matter, being friendly, in a non-sexual way, with a teenage girl.
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 01:06 pm
@revelette1,
I remember the "Righteous Right" (yeah, right?) concerning Bill Clintton and Monica Lewinsky. She was 22 at the time and the Right was so outraged that Clinton was doing things with and obviously under aged girl. And, she came on hard and heavy to him from the beginning. I don't justify what Clinton did, fully hold him responsible and it has totally altered my opinion of him;, but, jesus christ almighty, give me a break! Moore should be in jail, for many different reasons, along with tRump.
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 01:10 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Moore should be in jail, for many different reasons, along with tRump.

Zup, there, Bobby-boy? You've taken on yet another alias handle, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 01:20 pm
Last week I told my 11 year old niece that I would pick her up at 1:00 the next day and take her to the amusement park.

It was what you could call a "date," which she accepted.

I suppose the cheese-eating police will be busting down my door any day now for that, eh?
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 01:23 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Someone made an entry into her yearbook and signed Moore's name to it.

Yeah, a skilled forger who knew exactly what Moore's signature looked like.

His argument is as logical as the tRump argument that some unknown person went to Hawaii in 1961 and corruptly created a birth certificate for some unknown Kenyan because one day, this person would attempt to become President of the USA. Typical righty logic, even among their Congressman and Senators!
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 01:42 pm
Is that you, Roy Moore?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 02:46 pm
@hightor,
Didn't Allred trot out a half-truth?

This is what lawyers are paid to do. The ones who defend the innocent and the guilty. The accused and the accusers. The pigs and the women who decades latter try to cash in on a trauma that never existed.

I believe Moore is likely guilty of being a man in his 30's who lusted after and pursued nubile High School age girls. Personally, I find such behavior inappropriate, disturbing and probably indicative of some psychological knot. Is it illegal? Depending upon the age of the nubile teen and the laws of the given state. I don't have a problem with these laws and the arbitrary selection of the age of consent unless they are used in full force against teenaged boys. I don't know the Alabama statue at the time and I don't care to learn about it. If Moore in his 30's violated the statute of the time, he was guilty. That he was an ADA makes it worse.

It's important to point out though that nubile teens, by definition, are sexually mature. I agree with the concept that they may not be intellectually or mature enough to form a truly rationally based consent, and that society, therefore, should make some effort to protect them from the exploitation of adult males, but, again, the ages selected are arbitrary and there is nothing magic about them. A nubile 15 year old isn't suddenly transformed into a young woman who is not only sexually mature,but emotionally and intellectually as well. For most of human history nubile teens have been getting married and mating. Juliette was what? 14 or 15 years old? Today in many places around the world this continues to occur and in some places, sexually immature girls are married off to lecherous old men (But not to worry, the old goats always wait until after the young bride has her first menstruation). I don't know if this is true, but I recently heard someone contend that when these incidents took place, that in one or more states, the legal age for a woman to marry was 15. Unless one of those states was Alabama, it's immaterial in terms of whether or not Moore violated any laws, but it does provide context and underscores the arbitrary aspect of the age limits.

I don't know enough about the Nelson case to judge her veracity, but I doubt very much she did not welcome the attention of a 30 something man with power and money that far exceeded anything possessed by the acne afflicted teenage boys in her high school. This is not a criticism of her morality at the time. This sort of thing happens all of the time. When I was in HS, one of the hottest girls in my class had an affair with an English teacher. He was a nasty, piggish brute., and I could never understand why she had been seduced (especially since she had no shortage of admirers)

The guy was a good teacher in some ways but could be mean as a snake. For example: After telling us all year that no one ever scored a 100% on the year-end NY State English Regents exam, I took it as a challenge and vowed to achieve it even though the grading Essay section is subjective and open to mischief. I happened to get along with the guy so I thought it was a friendly thing. I took the test and came out of the auditorium feeling great. He told me that mine would be one of the first he graded and to come back in the afternoon for my score.

When I did come back I found him in his office with what I can only describe as an evil grin on his face. He advised me that I had scored a 99% and I assumed I missed one of the short answer questions and asked him which one (not thinking that all of them were worth two points each). He smiled again and said that no, I had aced that section. It was in the Essay section that I tripped up. At the time I was thinking what excuse could he have for taking only one point off? If he thought one of my essays was garbage it should have resulted in a larger penalty. I didn't even have to ask as he volunteered:

"Essay #4 called for a comparison between a novel and a film. You chose to compare "Easy Rider" and "Metamorphosis." I really enjoyed your essay and would have given you full points except for your one big mistake. "Metamorphosis" is a novella!"

I wanted to punch in the face, but, of course, couldn't. For the umpteenth time, I wondered what the hell Hot Cathy found attractive about him.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 03:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

"Essay #4 called for a comparison between a novel and a film. You chose to compare "Easy Rider" and "Metamorphosis." I really enjoyed your essay and would have given you full points except for your one big mistake. "Metamorphosis" is a novella!"
Kafka himself called "Die Verwandlung"(Metamorphosis) a narrative ("Erzählung"). The publisher, on the other hand, named it a novel ("Novelle").