monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 06:49 am
@layman,
Quote:
I haven't paid the least bit of attention to this Roy Moore hullaballoo because, frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

I believe that the citizens of Alabama are entitled to come to their own determination of guilt or innocence here.
Quote:
But I see Wapo wants to give a full account of this "sexual predator's" relationship with Gibson.

Any reason you didn't provide a link to the article? This one outlines the charges made by other women who were girls at the time, some of which are more serious than the story Gibson relates. And, in any case,
Quote:
“Looking back, I’m glad nothing bad happened,” says Gibson, who now lives in Florida. “As a mother of daughters, I realize that our age difference at that time made our dating inappropriate.”
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:06 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
“Looking back, I’m glad nothing bad happened,” says Gibson, who now lives in Florida. “As a mother of daughters, I realize that our age difference at that time made our dating inappropriate.”

When I happen to come across some fine-ass 17 year old girl who makes it clear that she is, let's say, "available," I aint gunna run home.

Is that "inappropriate?" If you say so--who cares?

Does that make me a "sexual predator?" Call me that if you want, again, who cares?

Does that make me a child molester?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.
hightor

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:11 am
@layman,
There you go again!
hightor wrote:

I didn't write anything!

Here:
WaPo wrote:

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:19 am
@hightor,
Read it again. I did not say "Hi wrote," as you claim. My post makes it clear that you were merely quoting others. Not to mention that the quote itself explicitly includes the attribution by inserting the words "says Gibson."

Let me guess, I am a despicable human being who falsely asserts that others say things they never said.

Go right on ahead with your bad self if that makes you feel good. Just another routine case of a cheese-eater trying to create an issue where none exists. Forgive me if I don't apologize, eh?
revelette1

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:29 am
@layman,
Quote:
When I happen to come across some fine-ass 17 year old girl who makes it clear that she is, let's say, "available," I aint gunna run home.

Is that "inappropriate?" If you say so--who cares?

Does that make me a "sexual predator?" Call me that if you want, again, who cares?

Does that make me a child molester?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat

It's the law, "homey"; you can't date underage teenagers which a seventeen year old is. Don't agree with the law? Break it and go to jail and be labelled a child molester; officially, wherever you go. Aren't you a grandfather? Eww, I am sure a fine seventeen year old is just dying to go out with you. Rolling Eyes
hightor

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:29 am
@layman,
Quote:
Let me guess, I am a despicable human being who falsely asserts that others say things they never said.

Nah, just a lazy one who doesn't care about formatting quotations so as to minimize ambiguity.
Quote:
Forgive me if I don't apologize, eh?

You are forgiven. This time.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:36 am
Court papers show Manafort drafting op-ed under house arrest (AP)
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:36 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

It's the law, "homey"; you can't date underage teenagers which a seventeen year old is. Don't agree with the law? Break it and go to jail and be labelled a child molester; officially, wherever you go.

Ooooh, THE LAW, eh!?

"Can't date?" What law school did you go to, Darlin?

Quote:
The age of consent in Alabama is 16.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#Alabama
Walter Hinteler

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:45 am
@layman,
Doesn't the wikipedia law school educate about differences betweenthe age of consent and the age of majority in Alabama?
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Doesn't the wikipedia law school educate about differences betweenthe age of consent and the age of majority in Alabama?

Is there supposed to be some relevant point to this question, Walt?

You are indeed the King of the non sequitur, I tellya.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:48 am
@layman,
I just assumed the legal age of consent was 18 everywhere, seems logical to me. But you are right, in Alabama it is 16. On second thought surprised it is not 13 in that state. If you live in some states the legal age of consent is 18.

Age of Consent By State

So where do you live? Is the legal age of your state 17 and under, I guess they could agree to go out with you. I can't imagine a 17 old year fine looking young lady wanting to go out with a grandfather unless he is loaded or something...but whatever. Some of those states where 17 or 16 is the legal age of consent, they have statues about age differences. Alabama might have statutory laws for older people dating/have sex with persons under 18 but it doesn't show it up in the above link.

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:52 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I can't imagine a 17 old year fine looking young lady wanting to go out with a grandfather unless he is loaded or something...but whatever.

Ruffees, eh? Not to mention cash. Or crack.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:58 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I just assumed the legal age of consent was 18 everywhere,

You "assume" a lot of things, and then authoritatively assert them as established truth, doncha?

Quote:
the age of consent has widely varied across the country in the past. In 1880, the age of consent was set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 08:03 am
@revelette1,
My great grandmother was married at 15. Just a couple of generations ago, marrying young was widely practiced. The men were always older.

When I was 17, I wouldn’t even consider dating guys younger than 22. That law is inconvenient for a lot of 17 year old girls.

Just another perspective re this topic.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 08:05 am
I found it, the statutory laws of Alabama age of consent laws.

Quote:
What Are Some Issues With Age of Consent in Alabama?

Age of consent is incredibly important in Alabama. An individual who is 19 years old or older has sexual contact with someone who is younger than 16 but older than 12 has committed sexual abuse. If a person over the age of 16 has sex with a person under that age, they have committed second-degree rape, provided they are more than two years older than their partner. The law is not clear as to what would happen if both partners are between the age of 12 and 16. However, it does say that a person under the age of 14 cannot be prosecuted as an adult. Moreover, having sex with a person under the age of 12 is rape in the first degree

source

One thing is clear, if the allegations of Roy Moore are true (didn't he claim he asked a parent for permission on one of them?); he definitely broke the laws of Alabama. Trump wants the people of Alabama to ignore Roy Moore's alleged reprehensible behavior because--

Trump says US 'cannot afford' Roy Moore loss in Alabama (AP)
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 08:21 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I found it, the statutory laws of Alabama age of consent laws.

source

Sorry, but your "source" is misleading and incorrect insofar as it says:

Quote:
In Alabama, the age of consent for sexual intercourse is 16. Generally, a person over the age of 16 can consent to sex with anyone else who is over the age of 16.

You don't have to be OVER 16 to legally consent.

It's just that you can't legally consent if you are UNDER 16 (i.e., 15 years old or younger).

To be accurate, your source would have to say: "Generally, a person over the age of 15 can consent to sex with anyone else who is over the age of 15."

Just for the legal record here: I am over 15. But, if I wasn't, I would never accuse some 20 year old BABE of "raping" me if she would just put out, know what I'm sayin?
oralloy

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 08:40 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
It's the law, "homey"; you can't date underage teenagers which a seventeen year old is. Don't agree with the law? Break it and go to jail and be labelled a child molester; officially, wherever you go.

Generally terms like pedophile and child molester refer to adults who have sex with prepubescent children.

The terms are generally not used to refer to adults who pursue jailbait.

I realize that many liberals are misusing these terms recently. I've just chalked it up to the left's overall disregard for reality.
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 08:43 am
Speaking for my own damn self, I have never run across any person, male or female, who is not a "sexual predator" in the sense that they welcome and actively seek sexual relations with others who they are attracted to.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 08:44 am
@oralloy,
Not to mention that the crime is "statutory rape," not child molestion, eh? A rapist is not, ispo facto, a child molester.

Quote:
In the state of Alabama, child molestation is defined as any type of intercourse or sexual contact with a person under the age of 12.

https://www.sexcrimesdefensealabama.com/child-molestation.html
Below viewing threshold (view)