monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 04:19 pm
Interesting theories from the far/alt right of the equation.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/Deep-State.jpg

Quote:
This started long before the 2016 election. The Obama Administration was the most corrupt group of villains in the White House ever. They were involved in numerous crimes and corrupt dealings and efforts to destroy America including covering up their decision not to save four Americans in Benghazi, lying about Obamacare, doubling the US Debt with nothing to show for it, trading the Taliban 5 for a traitor, creating ISIS, giving 20 percent of US uranium to Russia (Uranium One), etc. The list goes on and on.

Then during the 2016 election the Obama Administration took a fake dossier to the FISA court and used it as a means to spy on their political opponent during the election. We now know that the dossier was as fake as a National Enquirer article created by a company known to create nasty, made up accusations against individuals for a significant payout. This dossier was then taken by the FBI to the FISA Court to obtain approval to spy on candidate and now President Trump.

source
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 05:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Not only that, Easy Rider's a condom.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 05:32 pm
@hightor,
Didn't Allred trot out a half-truth?

This is what lawyers are paid to do: The ones who defend the innocent and the guilty; the accused and the accusers, the male creeps and the women who decades latter try to cash in on a trauma that never existed.

I believe that it is virtually certain that Moore is guilty of being a man in his 30's who lusted after and pursued nubile High School age girls. Personally, I find such behavior inappropriate, disturbing and probably indicative of some serious psychological flaw, but is it illegal? Probably not unless sexual activity results and then depending upon the age of the nubile teen and the laws of the given state. I don't have any problem with these laws and the arbitrary selection of the age of consent unless they are used in full force against teenaged boys. I don't know the Alabama statute at the time and I don't care to learn about it. If Moore in his 30's violated the statute of the time, he was guilty. That he was an ADA makes it worse.

It's important to point out though that nubile teens, by definition, are sexually mature. I agree with the concept that they may not be intellectually or mature enough to form a truly rationally based consent, and that society, therefore, should make some effort to protect them from the exploitation of adult males, but, again, the ages selected are arbitrary and there is nothing magic about them. A nubile 15-year-old isn't suddenly transformed into a young woman who is not only sexually mature, but emotionally and intellectually as well, on her 16th birthday. For most of human history, nubile teens have been getting married and mating. Juliette Capulet was what? 14 or 15 years old? Today in many places around the world this continues to occur and in some places, sexually immature girls are married off to lecherous old men (But not to worry, the old goats always wait until after the young bride has her first menstruation).

I don't know if this is true, but I recently heard someone contend that when these incidents took place, that in one or more states, the legal age for a woman to marry was 15. Unless one of those states was Alabama, it's immaterial in terms of whether or not Moore violated any laws, but it does provide context and underscores the arbitrary aspect of the age limits.

I don't know enough about the Nelson case to judge her veracity, but I doubt very much she did not welcome the attention of a 30 something man with power and money that far exceeded anything possessed by the acne afflicted teenage boys in her high school. This is not a criticism of her morality at the time. This sort of thing happens all of the time. When I was in HS, one of the hottest girls in my class had an affair with an English teacher. He was a nasty brute, and I could never understand why she had been seduced (especially since she had no shortage of teenage admirers)

Years after graduation I was at a party which Hot Cathy also attended and at some point she actually brought up her affair with Mr. Brute. She wondered if everyone in school had known about it, and I told her that everyone in school had heard about it whether or not it was true, and everyone assumed it was. I didn't know if I wanted to hear it confirmed or denied. If she hadn't been having sex with the guy, I would have been one of the students spreading false rumors, but if she had, it would have reawakened the revulsion (and I suppose to some degree jealousy) I had felt back in school. In any case, she confirmed she had and I couldn't help myself; I asked her how and why?!

She told me that she thought it was cool to be having an affair with a) An adult (probably 30 to 35) b) a married man and c) one of the teachers. She said he wrote her poetry (of course!) and spent a lot of money on her. She also recalled with real fondness that he told her things. Secrets that only the teachers knew about other teachers and a lot of the students. The two of them, apparently, had great fun ridiculing his peers and hers. She had been invited into The Know. I couldn't bring myself to ask her if he was any good in bed and she never volunteered her assessment.

Obviously, this doesn't excuse anything Moore might have done, with Nelson or any of his other accusers, and if the accusations are only partially true and he only pursued nubile teens, that alone would be enough for him to lose my vote. It may have been decades previously, but, in my experience, a person's character seldom drastically changes for the better; even over decades. Plus he continues, rather clumsily, to deny it ever happened, let alone express regret. That he might have actually had sex with them would be worse, but it wouldn't, in my view, put him in the same category as a rapist or sexual abuser of children, as so many of his critics have.

A very important element of this discussion (and all the others involving men who of have been accused of sexual impropriety, but deny it happened) is that none of the accusations have been proven. We don't have a photo of him grabbing Nelson's boobs or an admission from him that he once or twice grabbed a woman's ass. Personally, I think that what we do know strongly suggests he's guilty of some improprieties and they might actually have involved statute violations, but that's opinion. The only ones who know for certain what actually happened appear to be Moore and his accusers. You can't throw the guy in jail on the basis of an accusation alone, and I would argue, you shouldn't attempt to punish him in some other fashion (Such as forcing him to withdraw from his current race, or, as in other cases, pressuring resignation) In the case of Moore, if you live in Alabama you get to use what you know about all of this in your decision making about whether or not to vote for him. That is perfectly fair game and can't be prevented in any case. He is running to represent the people of Alabama, not the whole country. It's their decision to make, not folks who live in NY, Maine, Georgia or California. The latter can have their opinions about him, but they are just that. Too many people in this country are trying to stick their noses in their neighbors' business.

I think you will have to admit that whatever type of a creep Moore is, it is in the best interests of the Dems to make him seem like the biggest of all creeps...bigger than Weinstein, Rose, Spacey and most of all, Al Franken, and that they and their surrogates in the media are trying to do just that.

It seems to me to be silly arguing over the number and magnitude of creeps in the respective parties when both contain creeps. Better to find a way to get rid of them all (not providing them with party support for election or re-election for example), doing a better job resisting the urge to run creeps who look like they will win, AND stop protecting them when their creepy actions become known! This congressional slush fund used to pay off victims of abuse is a travesty, no matter which party's members use it, and just another reason why Congress has lost the trust and respect of the American people.

For the longest time, I've been uncomfortable with mandatory term limits because I think voters should have the right to re-elect a corrupt idiot as many times as they want, but the mess is too big and term limits will be a big help in cleaning it up.

As for Nelson's case, she lied in public or at least was not forthcoming with the truth because she didn't want to have to explain why she altered the inscription. That's on her and to the extent it gives people reason to doubt her entire claim, AND Moore's lawyers the ammo they crave to make her look bad, it's her fault and not anyone else's. It didn't have to play out that way. Of course that her lawyer let her do it, or didn't care to work hard enough to find the holes in her claim, is inexcusable and speaks very, very poorly for Allred. Apparently, Allred was once a fine lawyer with principle, but now she seems to spend more time on her make-up before a TV conference than her clients' cases
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 05:45 pm
Hope for the United States is diminishing. We are on a thread that is getting thinner and thinner thanks to the repugnant, evil right wingers. We know all but one or two right wingers on these threads are gratuitous White Supremacists! And, I know very few in my world who are any less inclined. This Holiday Season has little hope, may God have mercy on our forelorned souls.
snood

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 05:53 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Hope for the United States is diminishing. We are on a thread that is getting thinner and thinner thanks to the repugnant, evil right wingers. We know all but one or two right wingers on these threads are gratuitous White Supremacists! And, I know very few in my world who are any less inclined. This Holiday Season has little hope, may God have mercy on our forelorned souls.

Bill... you're just trying to cheer us up, right?
BillW

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 05:59 pm
@snood,
snood, I don't know of but a handful of Republicans in the US Congress I would trust, and, none in my state. There moral and legal character is bankrupt! Yeah, these just are not joyous days......
glitterbag

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 06:12 pm
@BillW,
Please don’t let a few developmentally diminished male harpies convince you their view of the world is legimate. They live in angry pissed off town, find a brighter group of members. Ignore the crepe hangers.
layman

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 06:15 pm
Has hell frozen over? A Wapo reporter actually confesses to, and apolgizes for, making up fake news?

Quote:
Washington Post reporter apologizes for 'bad tweet' after Trump calls him out

In a now-deleted tweet, Weigel, posted a photo of a half empty arena to mock Trump for saying Friday’s rally in Pensacola was “packed to the rafters.” But that photo was not taken while Trump was speaking.

Trump tweeted photos showing the arena full. Said Trump: “.@daveweigel @washingtonpost put out a phony photo of an empty arena hours before I arrived @ the venue, w/ thousands of people outside, on their way in. Real photos now shown as I spoke. Packed house, many people unable to get in. Demand apology & retraction from FAKE NEWS WaPo!”

“Sure thing: I apologize,” Weigel replied, saying he deleted the photo after another reporter informed him he had “gotten it wrong.” “It was a bad tweet on my personal account, not a story for Washington Post,” the reporter, Dave Weigel, tweeted Saturday. “I deleted it after like 20 minutes. Very fair to call me out.”

0 Replies

BillW

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 06:35 pm
@glitterbag,
It is much, much bigger than that glitter. As long as the bulk of the righties including the leadership are walking in step (goose step, all be it) and they maintain a large following, things remain gloomy......
snood

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 06:54 pm
@BillW,
That's why we have to get out the vote at the midterms - to get the bums out of Congress.
Lash

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:05 pm
A possible connection to candidates to replace the bums with.

https://berniecrats.net
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:21 pm
@snood,
Two days from now is a very important election. Yes snood, elections are very important. Repukelian voter suppression has to be overcome, in all elections. Defeat the Grand Ole Pedophile party!
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 07:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I can just see it now. Hot Cathy and BMOC Finn!
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 10:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Folks living in Appalachia are often referred to as hillbillies. Less often as rednecks, crackers and white trash because those are generally reserved for creatures of the Deep South, but hillbilly is every bit as insulting as the others.

They along with crackers, rednecks and white trash remain one of the last unprotected classes in America in terms of prejudice, bigotry and collective, generalized ridicule. It would appear that according to Cyclo, it's because they could change if they really wanted to, but they simply won't. They, unlike other ethnic, racial or cultural groups that receive welfare, would rather depend on public assistance than earn a dollar through hard work. Oh, and they generally vote Republican ever since the Southern Strategy deprived them of racist Dixiecrats like Robert Byrd.

But wait a minute, Byrd never left the Democrat Party, but then unlike Strom Thurmond and Jessie Helms, he, despite having held the rank of Grand Kleegle or Exalted Cyclops or maybe Celestial Sphincter in his local KKK, wasn't a racist.

We are also informed that unlike African-Americans, hillbillies in poverty have no one to blame but themselves and therefore negative stereotyping and disdain are OK. They never suffered from systematic oppression the way African-Americans did. They were never trapped in a cycle of poverty and ignorance due to people with power and privilege rigging the game.

No shame in your not knowing much about these people who live in the Appalachian and Ozark mountain region of this country. The region involves a number of states but hillbillies are usually most often associated with West Virginia and Kentucky. They are the descendants of immigrants from Northern Ireland who started coming to America in the early 1700's. A great many were Protestant Irish, but there was also a fair number of Scottish Presbyterians and Anglican North English because more than a hundred years earlier, the English had flooded Northern Ireland with Protestant colonists (Sort of like the trick Russia used with its conquests during the Soviet Era). The mix of immigrants led to the Appalachians being referred to as Scotch-Irish.

A great many of the ancestors of modern-day Appalachian hillbillies were either sharecroppers or miners. Neither actually amounted to slavery, but in a lot of cases, it came real close.

The horrid treatment of Appalachian miners (which really only ended once the industry began to fall) is legendary and a clear reason why trade unions, early on, were very much needed. It's a little surprising that a good old Union man like Cyclo seems to be unaware of this.

It's not difficult to imagine how education might take a back seat in communities in which young boys were sent underground to mine coal and ore so that their families might survive.

But hey, the hillbillies weren't oppressed like blacks so they have no excuse for not sucking it up and pulling themselves up by their bootstraps so while Cyclo's disdain for them may seem (in his words) "brash," it's deserved.

Cyclo isn't the only American left-winger who holds hillbillies in contempt. Like I wrote they are a very prominent unprotected class here.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that if they are able bodied, they should be out working and not collecting welfare checks, but I feel the same about blacks, Indians, hispanics, Amish, Republicans and every other group of people that can be identified in this country. I also think they need be more self-reliant and less dependent upon the government, but, again, the same thing is true with everyone else. However, none of these groups who are justly or otherwise associated with welfare began as clans of public leeches. The Scotch-Irish who left their homes in Britain to sail across the Atlantic and settle in the Appalachian wilderness didn't do so with the expectation that there would be checks, government cheese and opioids awaiting them. One way or the other their cultures and communities were degraded, their traditions and foundations upended. However, the worst thing that happened to them, the final blow to the strength and resiliency of those communities and cultures was the modern Welfare State, and the patronizing "charity" of people who, in the end, choose to disdain the junkies they've created...providing they don't cross a PC line, and focus their contempt on any group that was legitimately oppressed.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 10:23 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

On second thought surprised it is not 13 in that state.

And why is that?

Because Alabama is a hotbed of inbred crackers and white trash?

Aren't you a fountain of tolerance and charity!

Quote:
I can't imagine a 17 old year fine looking young lady wanting to go out with a grandfather unless he is loaded or something...but whatever.

First of all, Moore wasn't a "grandfather" when he allegedly pursued these girls. Secondly, aren't you a well of non-judgmental grace!

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 10:27 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

I don't justify what Clinton did, fully hold him responsible and it has totally altered my opinion of him...

When did that happen? After Weinstein was exposed as a pig or after Franken was?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 10:28 pm
@wmwcjr,
No such luck!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 10:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Right, 17 year old girls think 34 year old men are young carefree guys. Face it, the guy was and is creepy. I wish 'hot' Kathy liked you back in high school, maybe then you wouldn't have turned out so bitter.
snood

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 11:05 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Right, 17 year old girls think 34 year old men are young carefree guys. Face it, the guy was and is creepy. I wish 'hot' Kathy liked you back in high school, maybe then you wouldn't have turned out so bitter.

Maybe hot Kathy jilted him... for a brown or black guy! 😀
glitterbag

Sat 9 Dec, 2017 11:21 pm
@snood,
Guys like the aformentioned are bitter about everything. Some guy good at football (he's pissed), another have great hair (he hates him) Some guy is very successful (he thinks he's been mocked). He must also think hot Kathy had a great life, being dogged by a school administrator couldn't have been easy...the whole power thing is off-kilter. I'll bet the other kids were relieved it wasn't them. (Well almost all of them)