monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Cycloptichorn

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 11:45 am
You just googled whatever sounded good and pasted it here, right? You don't know what those words actually mean and you have no legal training. You literally posted something from a private attorneys website that had nothing to do with what we're discussing.

What more,you didn't respond to the fact that Warrant Canaries exist. Why not? I mean, the answer is because it directly contradicts what you are trying to push here, but I want to hear your bullshit excuse

Cycloptichorn
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 11:53 am
Trump claimed on Dec. 5 that the country's growth domestic product would have increased more "without the hurricanes, this last quarter."

This is actually gonna break Clinton's neck now.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 12:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
My post exposing this buffoonery was apparently deleted by your cheese-eating admin homeys. No big surprise there. How long did it take for you to complain that you were being "mistreated" by being confronted with the facts?
Lash

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 12:12 pm
Projected: Franken gone tomorrow.

maporsche

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 12:14 pm
@Lash,
Good. Don't need this/him.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Brand X

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 01:02 pm
Franken could switch Party's and stay in the Senate.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 01:24 pm
Flynn told former business associate that Russia sanctions would be ‘ripped up,’ according to congressional witness
Quote:
As President Trump delivered his inaugural address on the steps of the U.S. Capitol, his new national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, sent a text to a former business associate telling him that a plan to build nuclear power plants in the Middle East in partnership with Russian interests was “good to go,” according to a witness who spoke with congressional investigators.

Flynn had assured his former associate that U.S. sanctions against Russia would immediately be “ripped up” by the Trump administration, a move that would help facilitate the deal, the associate told the witness.

The witness provided the account to Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (Md.), the ranking Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, who detailed the allegations in a letter Wednesday to the panel’s chairman, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.).

Cummings did not identify the witness, whom he described as a whistleblower. But he asked Gowdy to issue a subpoena to the White House for documents related to Flynn, saying that the committee has “credible allegations” that Flynn “sought to manipulate the course of international nuclear policy for the financial gain of his former business partners.”

Gowdy did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Robert Kelner, an attorney representing Flynn, declined to comment. White House lawyer Ty Cobb said, “I respectfully decline to comment on anonymous information which impacts the Special Counsel investigation.” He was referring to the ongoing inquiry of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.
thack45

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 01:59 pm
Ah, it's good to have a phony, pseudointellectual propagandist back in the fold
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 02:09 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

The article goes on to say this:

Quote:
Flynn had served as an adviser to two Washington-based companies pursuing efforts to build nuclear power plants in the Middle East: Copson’s company, ACU Strategic Partners, which proposed a partnership with Russian interests, and IP3/IronBridge, which later began a separate endeavor that initially proposed working with China to build the infrastructure, according to federal documents and company officials.

After joining the White House, Flynn forwarded a memo written by a co-founder of IP3 to develop a “Marshall Plan” of investment in the Middle East and told his staff to fashion it into a policy for Trump’s approval, The Post reported last month.
Certainly you changed the above quote without any purpose and skipped the missing paragraph incidentally.
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/PcHEmKS.jpg

snood

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 02:11 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

Ah, it's good to have a phony, pseudointellectual propagandist back in the fold

I agree, except I would change one word - 'good'.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 02:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
two Washington-based companies [were] pursuing efforts to build nuclear power plants in the Middle East

Anything illegal about that? It's their right, aint it?

If undoing Obama's weak-ass sanctions would make it easier to work with Russia, so what? Is that a crime? Is such a decision made solely to gain profit for others? You'd have to ask Trump, I guess. Merely asserting it is meaningless.

If Trump had decided to do that it would be highly public information. If Flynn, due to his position, had some advance knowledge of Trump's intention, would it be illegal to tell that to people what he knew?

As I've said before, cheese-eaters think that if they can create some sentence that includes both the words "Trump" and "Russia" they have somehow proved treason.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 02:53 pm
@layman,
I'm not sure how this explains why you skipped that paragraph, but as we cheese-eaters say: il ne faut pas en faire tout un fromage !
layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 03:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I'm not sure how this explains why you skipped that paragraph, but as we cheese-eaters say: il ne faut pas en faire tout un fromage !

Maybe he didn't disclose that he has a tattoo of Hillary Clinton on his ass, too, who knows?

I'm no fan of Flynn, and it's likely that he's a self-serving opportunist. But that doesn't change anything I've said about evidence versus naked speculation.

Flynn was the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency under President Obama and his security clearance was re-issued by the Obama administration in 2016 (i.e., after his alleged consultation with the nuclear companies).

Does that make Obama guilty of treason?

0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 03:35 pm
@oralloy,
All very good sources i must say, each of course coming with its own biases and editorial choices, sui generis. You do well to stay away from CNN and FAUX. Also a good idea to keep your mix of sources international.

The only TV news I watch regularly is Quotidien, a sort of longer and more serious (or less funny) version of John Oliver, with a team of seriously young and creative reporters doing an amazing field work, including in the US during the elections. Here is a selection:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKMHx7Lzs6o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MnaRzA3FooI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVXiaVIgPs

0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 03:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Excellent!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 04:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Considering that Trump hasn't attempted to withdraw the US or it's support from NATO nor lifted the sanctions imposed on Russia for both their adventurism in The Ukraine and leaking hacked email from Podesta and the DNC, the assertion is not simply melodramatic, it's absurd.

On the contrary, Trump has been looking to water down or remove sanctions on Russia literally from day 1. He called for it before he was inaugurated and attempted to gain support to do so in January and Febuary of this year. They failed to gain that support once it became clear that the Senate GOP would not back him in it.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-white-house-secret-efforts-lift-russia-sanctions-putin-619508

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-wanted-to-lift-russia-sanctions-days-after-taking-office-2017-6

I could provide many more links if you're interested.

What more, Trump has done everything he can to weaken what sanctions are in place. Congress passed new sanctions on Russia this Summer (as you may recall) and Trump, after attempting to block these sanctions, then weaken them, has instructed his team to simply ignore them.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/congress-trump-wont-implement-russia-sanctionsand-he-wont-tell-us-why

It's been two months since that article was written and the Trump admin STILL is refusing to enforce the sanctions passed by Congress. The concept that Trump isn't and hasn't been acting in ways that would benefit Russia is, yeah. Extremely far-fetch and inconsistent with the facts.

Trump has gone out of his way to meet with Putin on at least two occasions (and possibly 3) in which no other American was present. This is a major departure from the norm and something that raises red flags with our intelligence community, as there are no real explanations for why he'd want to do this that don't implicate him negatively in some way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/world/europe/trump-putin-undisclosed-meeting.html

You may also recall that his son, Kushner, attempted to work with the Russians to set up a back-channel where the Trump team could communicate with Russia, from their embassy, intended to be untraceable by our own intelligence agencies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russian-ambassador-told-moscow-that-kushner-wanted-secret-communications-channel-with-kremlin/2017/05/26/520a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?utm_term=.522bdb0c0b81

Why would the Trump admin require a secret communications channel with Russia? To what purpose? I don't think there are many answers that reflect well upon him or go against the idea that nefarious activities are going on.

Quote:
You are very proud of the research you believe buttresses your positions and so I imagine you will be very glad to present how you conclude the Russian Dossier has been proven to be accurate.

I have a variety of different sources that lay the info out, but this one is particularly fun to read and I hope you'll do so:

https://twitter.com/ImagineWorldas1/status/907741782401736704

Here's another one, with MANY links to news stories confirming the truth of what was written inside:

http://annotateddossier.com/

I could go on. A better question for you would be: what from the Dossier do you believe has been discredited, or shown to be false? I honestly can't find a single news item that proves the dossier was incorrect, but there sure are plenty showing the opposite.

One thing that's worth noting is that the 'Trump watched a bunch of hookers piss on a bed' part is pretty much the LEAST important part of the whole document and is only latched onto for sensational reasons. That being said, there's plenty of evidence that this actually happened:

- Dossier claims that Trump watched a bunch of hookers pee on a bed that Obama formerly slept on, in Moscow in 2013.
- Trump was in fact in Moscow in 2013 for the Miss Universe contest.
- Trump did, in fact, stay at the same hotel that Obama stayed in back in 2009.
- Trump's bodyguard has testified that hookers WERE offered to Trump by the event organizer that night, but that he 'turned them down.'

I don't think it's exactly a huge logical jump to believe that the dossier was as accurate on this part as other parts, and that the Russians do have evidence of this.

Cycloptichorn