monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 06:47 am
@Brand X,
Not to mention that it gives the Clown-in-Chief far too much credit. But then, clowns are entertaining... they draw attention and audiences... CNN has yet to chose whether it's in the news business or the entertainment one.
oralloy

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 06:58 am
@Olivier5,
CNN chose the entertainment path back in the 1990s. They haven't been real news for a very long time.
Olivier5

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 07:20 am
@oralloy,
I agree. CNN cares far too much for what sells, and Trump aversion does sell. The orange conman is a godsend to them.
Lash

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 07:59 am
@izzythepush,
This is the powderkeg waiting to ignite.

They are locked in a battle for oil distribution and currency—and no excuse is needed for full-on hostilities.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 08:12 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
They are locked in a battle for oil distribution and currency—and no excuse is needed for full-on hostilities.
To what are you referring here and who are "they"?
0 Replies

layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 08:18 am
Quote:
FBI agreed to destroy laptops of Clinton aides with immunity deal

Immunity deals for two top Hillary Clinton aides included a side arrangement obliging the FBI to destroy their laptops after reviewing the devices, House Judiciary Committee sources told Fox News on Monday.

Sources said the arrangement with former Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills and ex-campaign staffer Heather Samuelson also limited the search to no later than Jan. 31, 2015. This meant investigators could not review documents for the period after the email server became public -- in turn preventing the bureau from discovering if there was any evidence of obstruction of justice, sources said.

Judiciary Committee aides told FoxNews.com that the destruction of the laptops is particularly troubling as it means that the computers could not be used as evidence in future legal proceedings, should new information or circumstances arise.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/03/fbi-agreed-to-destroy-immunized-clinton-aides-laptops-sources-say.html

The FBI hands out immunity agreements to Clinton aides like candy, agrees NOT to review relevant evidence, and agrees to permanently DESTROY the evidence.

Impartial, you say?

Contrast Flynn. The FBI knew every word Flynn said to the Russian Ambassador--they had listened in on every conversation. So why was there a "need" to interview him? There wasn't. They didn't interview him to gather information. They did it to set him up for a criminal charge (for doing something completely legal, no less) and "destroy his life," as Trump put it.

Hillary was not examined under oath, no tape recording was made, and she was quickly exonerated (months before she and her aides were interviewed, actually).

But the FBI's partisan activism is somehow all merely a right-wing conspiracy theory. Anyone stupid enough to buy that doesn't really merit any serious attention.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 08:25 am
@layman,
Still trying to get points by posting old news that had been rebutted more than one year ago, shortly after it was published?
layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 08:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Rebutted? Heh. Nice try, cheese-eater.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 08:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Apropos 'cheese': Whole Foods Market is celebrating the 12 Days of Cheese by highlighting an artisan cheese each day from Dec. 8 to 19, offering customers an excellent opportunity to try some of the highest quality cheeses available at a significant discount. Each of the selected cheeses will be 50 percent off for one day during the 12-day period.
layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 08:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Apropos 'cheese': Whole Foods Market is celebrating the 12 Days of Cheese by highlighting an artisan cheese each day from Dec. 8 to 19, offering customers an excellent opportunity to try some of the highest quality cheeses available at a significant discount. Each of the selected cheeses will be 50 percent off for one day during the 12-day period.

Well, now, aint that special? Time for cheese-eaters everywhere to stock up by buying thousands of pounds (a month's supply) of limburger, eh?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 08:51 am
@Lash,
The Sunni/Shia Arab/Persian conflict goes back far longer than the need for oil.

Both countries have plenty of oil. It's not about oil or currency, it's about what type of Islam gains primacy in the ME.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Imams
oralloy

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:02 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I agree. CNN cares far too much for what sells, and Trump aversion does sell. The orange conman is a godsend to them.

I get by just fine without paying any notice to CNN, Fox News, or MSNBC.

I get my nightly news from PBS.

If I need live coverage I have access to Al Jazeera, France 24, and Deutsche Welle for free over my Roku, and have BBC World News on my satellite dish.

I can also access the New York Times, Washington Post, and various political sites like Politico, The Hill, and FiveThirtyEight over the internet.
ehBeth

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:09 am
http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2017-silence-breakers/

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/person-of-year-2017-time-magazine-cover1.jpg?w=1000&quality=95

Quote:
The women and men who have broken their silence span all races, all income classes, all occupations and virtually all corners of the globe. They might labor in California fields, or behind the front desk at New York City's regal Plaza Hotel, or in the European Parliament. They're part of a movement that has no formal name. But now they have a voice.

I do wish that they'd put a few of the men on the cover as well
Walter Hinteler

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
Ansar Allah, aka the Houthis, began began waging a low-level insurgency against the Yemeni government already in 2004.
While that reflects to the still ongoing war, the Houthi takeover in Yemen is just one of the many civil wars in Yemeni more recent history. (None was about oil)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:21 am
@ehBeth,
among the take-aways from a long, interesting piece with many links

Quote:
The accused were both Democrats and Republicans, but the consequences thus far have been limited—and often filtered through a partisan lens. In politics, at least, what constitutes disqualifying behavior seemed to depend not on your actions but on the allegiance of your tribe.

In the 1990s, feminists stood up for accused abuser Bill Clinton instead of his ­accusers—a move many are belatedly regretting as the national conversation prompts a re-evaluation of the claims against the former President.

And despite the allegations against Moore, both ­President Trump and the Republican National Committee support him.

That political divide was revealed in the TIME/SurveyMonkey poll, which found that Republicans were significantly more likely to excuse sexual misdeeds in their own party.

The survey found that while a majority of Republicans and Democrats agree that a Democratic Congressman accused of sexual harassment should resign (71% and 74% respectively), when the accused offender was in the GOP, only 54% of Republicans would demand a resignation (compared to 82% of Democrats).

pretty sure I didn't expect anything different but I'm still disappointed
revelette1

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:32 am
@ehBeth,
I just read this piece, relatively late getting to the news this morning. You're right, it would have been an even better impact if they had a male was sexually harassed or raped/molested. Nevertheless, glad it is on there.
ehBeth

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:39 am
@revelette1,
I've still got quite a few links to follow but interesting so far.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:41 am
@layman,
Oh no, he's baaack.
layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 09:54 am
@revelette1,
Not to worry, Hunnychile. The cheese-eating admins here will ban me on the appeal, however meritless, of any poster who doesn't want to hear my opinions. It's the standard M.O. of the left. Just flag my post and I'm gone. Your homeys control the agenda here.
layman

Wed 6 Dec, 2017 10:03 am
@layman,
The methodology and demented mentality of the criminal left is on full display in this clip from CBS.

"Freedom of speech is genocide, homeboy." Heh.

This speech-supressing wannabe also admitted that she "******* hates this country." We need more immigrants like this, sho nuff.
0 Replies