monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 10:57 am
@Lash,
Okay... so women are totally powerless. Thanks for the info.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 10:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
My post crossed Cyclops’. Lots of details being disseminated.

I think I may win my bet about removal. My date was March 1, 2018.
Cycloptichorn

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:01 am
@Lash,
The real question is who else will be caught up in this besides Trump himself. I'm betting that Pence is right there as well. He's as big a scumbag as Trump is and the idea that he didn't know about any of this is just, ridiculous. He was the head of Trump's transition team and personally approved Flynn's hiring as NSA, and he was warned that Flynn was under FBI investigation at the time by both the FBI and Rep. Cummings.

Cycloptichorn
Lash

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:06 am
I hope they net the whole town. The more, the better.

While they’re at it, the FBI was busted for lying about the Clinton Lynch tarmac meeting and outed in documents as trying to keep the info from being leaked to the public.

Heads should roll for that, as well.

The whole place is a shithole, but our long national Trump nightmare will not be missed by me. Watching with interest.

0 Replies

Lash

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:07 am
Jesus Christ. There is a possibility that that Eddie Munster weirdo may move into the WH.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:28 am
@Cycloptichorn,
We've seen enough big scoops fall flatter than a pancake to get all worked up about any new one, however, if this is true, it is a very big deal.

Of course, Flynn, the lying unprincipled bastard you all loathe is turning snitch to save his ass and might be willing to say whatever it takes to do so. They will need more than the say-so of a guy trying to bargain his way out of jail time. I would be very disappointed in you Cyclo if you now argue Flynn is a font of truth.

Having said this if Trump did instruct him to try and make a deal with Russia for help in the election, that's enough for me. He needs to go.

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:31 am
@hightor,
Maybe, but I am not inclined to take the word of his greatest foes. The NYT, WaPo and CNN have lost all credibility. MSNBC never had any.

The comment about Cotton is slander.
Setanta

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:33 am
@blatham,
This is something I've said before, and which others probably rolled their eyes at. The modern capitalist class doesn't want to be a favored guest at the fascist table--they want to own the table, and all those who sit there. People like the Koch brothers want to make the U. S. government a wholly-owned subsidiary of their operations. That's what I've called neo-fascism.
ossobucotemp

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:35 am
@Cycloptichorn,
That is mostly reassuring, if that happens, although there could be a line forming to continue the modus operandi.

I've been thinking all this time that Pence has been a kind of insurance for Trump, since I count his ideas as quite a bit worse. Maybe not, though, maybe not, re his being a cushion for Trump.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:39 am
@Lash,
Haven't you figured it out yet? They are never going to unequivocally condemn their tribal leaders, no matter how many women offer credible charges.

They've hewed to a very strict standard whenever the accused was of the opposing tribe: Ailes, O'Reilly, Moore, the Duke LaCrosse Team et al, but when it's one of theirs, suddenly we have to worry about women going too far when all that happened was that they were made "uncomfortable."

Good God, now we have one of them mourning the end of eroticism. (Presumably Roman Polanski styled)

The woman must be believed unless her complaint is against Bill Clinton, Al Franken, John Conyers, Garrison Keillor et al.

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:41 am
@Setanta,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BillW

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:42 am
@Setanta,
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2011/9/15/1017214/-
BillW

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:43 am
@ossobucotemp,
Nixon used Ford for insurance, but it didn't work!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:45 am
@ossobucotemp,
He's hardly insurance. Most Republicans would prefer Pence.

What is not going to happen under any circumstances is the White House being turned over to a Democrat mid-term.

Lash

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:52 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Good God, now we have one of them mourning the end of eroticism. (Presumably Roman Polanski styled)

————————————
You’re not the only one who noticed that. I was really more than a little horrified.

Either giving up young victims or not being able to grab women against their will results in a sad loss of eroticism to some people? That was definitely the impression I got from that post, but I just preferred to hope I was wrong.

0 Replies

BillW

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:54 am
“But justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream” Amos 5:24
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 11:57 am
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I've been thinking all this time that Pence has been a kind of insurance for Trump, since I count his ideas as quite a bit worse.

I think Pence is more dangerous in some ways — as a strong evangelical and a person with political experience and a coherent ideology. But as far as potential fascism goes, I just don't see him leading masses of angry people chanting "Lock her up!" I don't see him shamelessly promoting the views of the fringe right. I don't see him inspiring everyone in Trump's base, especially the chronically disaffected who mainly want to see Trump create havoc, drain the swamp, and shake things up. If the guy does face impeachment, they will stick with him to the end. The ironic thing is that it would only be a while before that crowd starting tiring of Trump as the consequences of his poor leadership and the disastrous effects of GOP policies begin to be felt. I think Trump would rather be adored and impeached than spurned at the polls. (Of course without an effective opposition the control of congress will remain in GOP hands even if, by some miracle, voters deny Trump another term.)
Setanta

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 12:00 pm
@hightor,
I agree completely. Pence knows how the system works. Trump has been hamstrung to a certain extent because he doesn't know how government works. Pence does.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 12:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It doesn't have to be. This is going to be disastrous for the Republicans in the mid-term elections and I fully expect the Dems to take the House at this point. Once that happens, they'll make Trump's life a living hell for the remainder of his two years in office

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 12:23 pm
@BillW,
Yup, exactly my point.
0 Replies